Sign in to follow this  
Shashman

Battlefield:vietnam

I'm going to throw up.

Someone should write a petition (we've had luck with those haven't we Tovarish crazy_o.gif) to get these people to stop making war games.  They're just not good at it and it's going to piss off a lot of vets.

Quote[/b] ]Taking a step forward from its franchise predecessors, Battlefield Vietnam will allow passengers to fire from moving vehicles and players will have the ability to airlift other vehicles via helicopter.

But they're still miiiiiiiles behind.

Oh I dunno, I quite like BF1942. Not much cop as a single player game, but most excellent online. But then I'm usually too busy enjoying myself to bother counting the number of rivets my Spitfire was put together with, or whether or not the tread pattern on my boots is historically accurate. tounge_o.gif

Apples and Oranges, this game is an Arcade game, dont try and rate it as an Accurate game, DICE have even said there not looking for Historical accuracy just good fun had in a certain era, guys get off you high horse for once.

Oh I dunno, I quite like BF1942. Not much cop as a single player game, but most excellent online. But then I'm usually too busy enjoying myself to bother counting the number of rivets my Spitfire was put together with, or whether or not the tread pattern on my boots is historically accurate.  tounge_o.gif

Or whether or not you're using the correct rifles for the era?

I'm not so deep into this realism thing that I can't enjoy a fun game. But BF1942 didn't even have the correct rifles, and apparently this game doesnt either. They tried fixing it but they still dont, not to mention the grocery list of other things wrong with that game.

I'm not so deep into this realism thing that I can't enjoy a fun game.  But BF1942 didn't even have the correct rifles, and apparently this game doesnt either.  They tried fixing it but they still dont, not to mention the grocery list of other things wrong with that game.

Time period correct rifles to the extent of sticking an M16 in a WW2 era game, would bother me. But slight variations on the same rifle wouldn't even warrant a raised eyebrow.

I'm not that anal about the guns I use to kill things in games. smile_o.gif

Time period correct rifles to the extent of sticking an M16 in a WW2 era game, would bother me. But slight variations on the same rifle wouldn't even warrant a raised eyebrow.

I'm not that anal about the guns I use to kill things in games.  smile_o.gif

Well, I am. The US didn't use an enfield in world war two, at least not in large numbers.

I don't hate BF42 because of just this though. I hate it because it's so unrealistic and historically inaccurate it's slaughtering what really happened to make a game more fun.

Joe public probably wouldn't even realise it was an Enfield they were playing the game with, let alone give a monkeys. Things like that I agree, would be avoidable with a bit more pre-development research, but it doesn't bother me much. Fun is the overriding factor, people wouldn't play the game unless it was fun. It's not a sim, it's an arcade game a 'jack of all trades' it rolls infantry, armour and air power into one easy to get into package.

If I wan't a bit of realism I'll play some OFP or a flight sim. I want instant, quick immense fun...jump on a BF1942 server.  smile_o.gif

Pic u might like:

newF16_1.jpg

Edit: Oops, pic might be a bit big.

Go here to see it:

http://www.desertcombat.com/ScreenShots/f16/newF16_1.jpg

[ not to mention the grocery list of other things wrong with that game.

like the yanks at arnhem

like the yanks at arnhem

See thats something I noticed. I noticed it and said, "meh, American games dev company" and got on with playing.

Those are pretty great compared to the other mods out there. wow_o.gif

like the yanks at arnhem

See thats something I noticed. I noticed it and said, "meh, American games dev company" and got on with playing.

The game was developed by DICE, who are most definitely not American (either Norwegian or Swedish, I can't remember at the moment).

And no, we didn't use any Enfields during the war. You did occasionally see a Springfield 1903, but that's it. Not having a Garand or a Springfield in the game was absolutely inexcusable.

@ July 24 2003,20:11)]The game was developed by DICE, who are most definitely not American (either Norwegian or Swedish, I can't remember at the moment).

Swedish.

DICE

BF isnt a bad game. I just dont play it as much as i used too. tounge_o.gif

I just like to play DC. damn... come to think of it... maybe i shouldn't have bought it. oh well.

BF has its ups and downs.

What do you guys think are the downs?

do you want the short answer or the thread hijacking answer? smile_o.gif

BF isnt for hardcore ppl, but guess what? Amongs all the gamer the hardcore group is very limited. Dice was smart in seeing this, and there is no doubt that ofp inspired them to make the game but less hardcore. I wish bis got all the sales instead of bf without being arcadish

BF isnt for hardcore ppl, but guess what? Amongs all the gamer the hardcore group is very limited. Dice was smart in seeing this, and there is no doubt that ofp inspired them to make the game but less hardcore. I wish bis got all the sales instead of bf without being arcadish

There's a difference between 'hardcore' and 'simple respect for extremely significant subject matter'.

@ July 24 2003,22:48)]

There's a difference between 'hardcore' and 'simple respect for extremely significant subject matter'.

lol