Sign in to follow this  
Shashman

Battlefield:vietnam

Well it is a game.

Don't mind me - just nitpicking. smile_o.gif

Being a flight sim buff - I could go on all day about the horrid flight in OFP too, but I'm sure we all know about that. wink_o.gif

Just a question for the fans ,are BF servers still filled with annoying little brats?It could be that this game can be in essence fun ,however i really hated BF to for the people that used to play it. (hey a game in Ofp full of CS kiddy's sucks to)

Just a question for the fans ,are BF servers still filled with annoying little brats?It could be that this game can be in essence fun ,however i really hated BF to for the people that used to play it. (hey a game in Ofp full of CS kiddy's sucks to)

I've been playing for awhile, and you'd come across one or two annoying people. But its nothing that big, seeing as your in such a large enviorment you never come across these people if they are TKer's or just annoying. While they may spew text out like a mad gerbil connected to a keyboard, I barely acknowledge the existence of the chat system anyways. Most team work just seems common sense in that everyone realise what one person is doing and goes along with it.

But of course, you are going to run into smacktards. Guys who shoot your plane just as you get to it because they wernt fast enough or things like that. But I find these moments rare. Even then, there arnt very many levels loaded with large amounts of planes and tanks, mostly infantry battles.

Looking at the game and I might buy it. I got BF1942 so why not just have the annoying Tickt system gone rock.gif

Anyway might buy it tommrow.

Fair enough ,another question: Does it still take a whole clip to kill a dude even if you shoot him in the head?

And are the players regulary using tricks that are unrealistic? Bunny hopping or a whole team with sniper rifles for ex.?

How many sniper rifles shots does it take to kill a tank? tounge_o.gif

Fair enough ,another question: Does it still take a whole clip to kill a dude even if you shoot him in the head?

And are the players regulary using tricks that are unrealistic? Bunny hopping or a whole team with sniper rifles for ex.?

How many sniper rifles shots does it take to kill a tank?  tounge_o.gif

Damage seems pretty terminal now. A headshot will kill. A bullet, two, or even three will kill in the stomach. Might take some for the legs. Arms seem moot, seeing as its probobly rare to hit someone there.

Don't see any bunny hopping yet. Might see someone dive for cover by jumping in a direction and hitting prone. Might see someone smash prone and dive at your feet and kill you. But it seems pretty uncommon.

Sniper rifle shots to take out a tank?

The only problem with this game is demanding requirements, incompatibility, and bugs. I'll put the requirements in:

==================================================================

System Requirements

==================================================================

Minimum:

933 Mhz CPU

Directx 9.0b

3D accelerated GeForce3 64 MB or equivalent DirectX9 compatible videocard

256 Megabytes of RAM

2 GB free hard drive space

(additional space required for Windows swap-file and

DirectX 9.0b installation)

16x CD-ROM drive

Directx 9.0b Compatible Sound Card

MS compatible mouse

Keyboard

Recommended:

1.2 Ghz CPU

Directx 9.0b

3D accelerated GeForce3 64 MB or equivalent DirectX9 compatible videocard

512 Megabytes of RAM

16x CD-ROM drive

MS compatible mouse

Keyboard

Recommended for optimum performance:

2.0 Ghz CPU

Directx 9.0b

Geforce 4 128 MB (Not MX) or equivalent DirectX9 compatible videocard

512 Megabytes of RAM

16x CD-ROM drive

MS compatible mouse

Keyboard

Required Operating Systems:

Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows XP or Windows 2000

Not Supported:

Windows 95

Directx9.0a and previous versions.

========================

My sound has problems, but Its pretty much been there since BF1942. I'm sure they'll release a patch sooner or later to fix sound issues. I'm betting their waiting until the end of the month until they do release a patch based on marketing.

Just make sure you have a beefy system.

scrn_6.jpg

lol! The power of an Mi-26 in the dimensions of a single engined huey. I wonder if the designers also thought about harnessing the power of the rockets in those pods to futher assist the huey's capabilities! tounge_o.gif

Could even a Chinook acheive such a feat?

Could even a Chinook acheive such a feat?

Not even a CH-47D could pull that off. tounge_o.gif

Even Mi-26 would be nearing its limit carrying that 17 ton tin can.

LAMO DUDE!!

you are totally unrealistic....thats called a CAR-15, early version of the M4A1 Carbine dumb nut  wink_o.gif

first please refrain from name calling.

second, size of rifle is not a carbine, but full size assault rifle. hence, wrong hand guard.

After looking at the trailers,Im looking forward to getting my hands on this title.The hueys look ok,But nothing fancy.I think it would have been better for a chinook to carry all the equipment around instead of the Hueys,

So in conclusion(for me) the only reason I would buy this is:

If the Homefront mod moves from BF1942 to BF:V. biggrin_o.gif

Holy shit.

That game looks fucking GAY.

Wheres all the vegetation on the islands? Looks pretty barren to me.

No way ill buy it. I actually liked BF1942, but i dont play it anymore, because it gets hella boring doing the same thing on every island.

It is exactly like you said. I also dont buy it, there is already a vietnam mod out for BF42, much better and more vegetation.

grass.jpg

Id say there is much more vegetation in BF:V than in eod also pixel shading  smile_o.gif  and bump mapping (although overused on some vehicles)

and AA&AF works on ati cards but with flaws (hopefully a patch will fix that)

Wtf is going on here?

EDIT: I wasn't aware the NVA had access to T-54/55 in the American involvment of Vietnam.

I beleive they did, have a few T-54's and PT-76's although I think that they never saw too much combat. I think that the NVA sent a few PT-76's and possible T-54's against the US:SF at LZ X-ray too, but they were quickly dispatched.

Hmm As i recal correctly the NVA had quite a decent number of armor but afcourse most of it was concentrated along the coast where the biggest fight's were (Da Nang for ex.) ,they were logicly seldomly used inland due to the jungle.The NVA also had a very good number of Artilery pieces or Anti air pieces in that region wich saw heavy combat.

The VC mostly opperating in the jungle allong the Ho Che ming trial were by far not that well equiped like the NVA was ,the NVA was an army while the VC a ill equiped millitia. (although comming in big numbers)

We need 'Nam pack 3!

Just saying, 's all, this terrible game reminded me of Vietnam stuff.

Nice....bouncing betty's

Those things work pretty well in this game? smile_o.gif

P.S.

I have heard from a few people that said quote:

Quote[/b] ]seen not a single person bunny hop in this game, nor do I in BF1942.......reason = there was an update for making it so that continual bunny hops not alloud or you'd have to press space bar a thousand times in one game.

In all the servers I play BF42 in, they don't bunny hop either.  Reason = They are strict on non-bunny hops

edit: Do not quote pictures.

Gamespot™ has a ¨few¨ pics from Battlefield Vietnam

Pics for you all!

Looks a bit like CS in Vietnam rock.gif

EDIT: Mi-8 on Battlefield looks great!

Holy crap....I thought people in this community could be a little tactless when expressing their dissapointment with stuff...

Check out some of the post titles made about this game by players (not exactly glowing accounts to go out and buy it):

-Lack of Team Balance Hurts this Game Badly

-We all paid money to be Beta Testers.

-Gave up and returned it today...<sigh>

-EA and Digital SORT IT OUT!

-Bugs bugs and bugs

-Steaming jungles of crap is where this game is

and this lovely post from a player

Quote[/b] ]"Battlefield Vietnam" - arrhh bollocks to that. It should have been called "Battlefield for a Quality Game" ... sadly EA .... you've just lost the war!!

Let's cut all the shit and sum it up in a few lines;

* Plot/idea: 10/10

* Potential to be a massive hit: 10/10

* Realistically a massive hit: 0/10

* Graphics: 8/10

* Sound: 7/10

* Gameplay: 1/10

* Will you still be playing it in 6 months: I won't even be playing it in 6hrs

* Is it the worst title by EA on any platform: Fuck Yes

The code is rubbish which affects the gameplay so much so, you just want to throw the thing back at Mr EA's face. You would think you're trying to run the equivalent of UT2050 or something on a fucking Spectrum!

My machine spec is superb (details below), and it's not the hardware that's at fault (after purchasing COD & UT2004 this proves the PC fucking rocks). BFV is Battlefield Bollocks.

* Intel P4 Processor with HT Technology (3.06GHz) & 800MHz fsb

* Windows XP

* 1024Mb RAM (Dual Channel DDR @ 400Mhz RAM)

* Over 100Gb free on the HDD

* 256MB ATI Radeon 9800XT Video Card

EA: You are your own worst enemy when you release shite like this. Now Fuck off and do something right ya wankers (better still, recall this sad pathetic pitiable deplorable release of a game from stores worldwide and insist on gamers getting their hard earned cash back)!

You Cunts!

As always, feedback is always welcome from fellow gamers ......... let the discussion begin.

Man..I hope the developers have thick skins....for what must be quite a technical achievement they are getting a tonne of immature crap sad_o.gif

If you didn't like BF1942 you wont like BF Vietnam. The gameplay is pretty much the same.

It's basicly just like any other war FPS (MOHAA, COD etc.) but with vehicles.

It's not a game with much realism. It's a game that should be fun to play. I am pretty sure that Dice wanted to make a fun game and not a realistic one. Infact they never meansion the word realism at their site.

So take the game for what it is.. A game that's fun to play.

That Mi-8, is that for real? Did the NVA use them vs the US, or only later vs. the south Vietnam forces?