Sign in to follow this  
SpecOp9

Terminator 3

Sort of off-topic, but I always loved that out of most action films, esp. those with Arnold, or Dolph, or Sly, or VanDamme, you could take home some really funny one-liners.

"I just want to eat"-Universal Soldier

"I'll be back", etc. T1, T2

"...Mister 'I-am-the-law!' "-Judge Dredd

"I like you Sully, that's why I'm going to kill you last"-Commando.

But of late, nothing. crazy_o.gif The "best" out of T3 was "talk to the hand"rock.gif??

Don' forget T2 with "I need a vacation!". biggrin_o.gif

LMAO

or from T3

"We need a different vehicle"

That movie seemed very short, and it was 2 hours long crazy_o.gif

LMAO

or from T3

"We need a different vehicle"

Or

"Talk to the hand"

"relax...RELAX!"

The movie is exactly 1 hr. 39 min long. sad_o.gif

Also, I thought some of the T-X's abilities were just silly. Controlling electronics by infecting them with nanos was OK, but how the feck does that allow her to remote control police cars? How do they steer, does the wheel turn itself? How about accelerating with no foot on the pedal? How does she control them when they are out of her sight, wouldn't they just crash into a wall - I mean, it's not like they had onboard cameras so she could remote monitor them.

And a flamethrower as a secondary weapon? Where was the fuel stored? An energy weapon made sense, I thought a flamethrower was just plain silly and only there for eye candy.

Finally, did anyone else find it weird that after all the punishment the T-X had taken, and recovered from, that a helo crashing into her would cripple her? She walked away from truck crashes, direct RPG hits etc but a chopper ramming into her rips her legs off?

I will answer those for you. smile_o.gif

T-X can control electronics because almost nothing is manually controlled anymore in a car. Ever heard of the new-fangeled invention called Power Steering? You are NOT turing the wheel anymore, it is all electronic, when you turn the steering wheel, you send a electronic singal to hydraulics that intern move the wheel for you. For you old guys out there, you will remeber how hard it was to turn at high speeds in cars from the 40's 50's and even later, before power steering was around. T-X controls the processor on that car. She can see where the police cars are going because of the GPS tracker installed in them, and can see corners/obsticles because of the on dash-board mounted camera in the police vehicles. How she could see with the firetruck is beyone me though.

The flamethrower is easy to implement on the all Terminator units. They don't use gasoline,they use that powerpack they carry in their chest. It has emense energy packed into it. (remember the rumptured one Arnarld throws out of the window? Big boom)

She can take all that punishment because she is a mixture of T-1000 skin on a solid chasis. Remeber how T-1000 takes the shotgun blast in the face, the M16 at pointblank range, its the same here. The T-1000 type skin asorbs most of the damage, but when you have a 40 ton helicopter fall on its legs at 200 mph, the pressure is too great and the chasis snaps.

Also, I thought some of the T-X's abilities were just silly. Controlling electronics by infecting them with nanos was OK, but how the feck does that allow her to remote control police cars? How do they steer, does the wheel turn itself? How about accelerating with no foot on the pedal? How does she control them when they are out of her sight, wouldn't they just crash into a wall - I mean, it's not like they had onboard cameras so she could remote monitor them.

And a flamethrower as a secondary weapon? Where was the fuel stored? An energy weapon made sense, I thought a flamethrower was just plain silly and only there for eye candy.

Finally, did anyone else find it weird that after all the punishment the T-X had taken, and recovered from, that a helo crashing into her would cripple her? She walked away from truck crashes, direct RPG hits etc but a chopper ramming into her rips her legs off?

T-X can control electronics because almost nothing is manually controlled anymore in a car. Ever heard of the new-fangeled invention called Power Steering? You are NOT turing the wheel anymore, it is all electronic, when you turn the steering wheel, you send a electronic singal to hydraulics that intern move the wheel for you. For you old guys out there, you will remeber how hard it was to turn at high speeds in cars from the 40's 50's and even later, before power steering was around. T-X controls the processor on that car. She can see where the police cars are going because of the GPS tracker installed in them, and can see corners/obsticles because of the on dash-board mounted camera in the police vehicles. How she could see with the firetruck is beyone me though.

The flamethrower is easy to implement on the all Terminator units. They don't use gasoline,they use that powerpack they carry in their chest. It has emense energy packed into it. (remember the rumptured one Arnarld throws out of the window? Big boom)

She can take all that punishment because she is a mixture of T-1000 skin on a solid chasis. Remeber how T-1000 takes the shotgun blast in the face, the M16 at pointblank range, its the same here. The T-1000 type skin asorbs most of the damage, but when you have a 40 ton helicopter fall on its legs at 200 mph, the pressure is too great and the chasis snaps.

OK, I can accept most of those, but I'm still not convinced with the controlling the cars bit.

OK, maybe she could use power steering and cruise control to actually move and steer the vehicles, and maybe she could use GPS to track where they were going, but I'm assuming the vet truck that John Connor was driving didn't have GPS, so how would T-X know where the police cars were in relation to John, and be able to ram him? rock.gif

OK, I can accept most of those, but I'm still not convinced with the controlling the cars bit.

OK, maybe she could use power steering and cruise control to actually move and steer the vehicles, and maybe she could use GPS to track where they were going, but I'm assuming the vet truck that John Connor was driving didn't have GPS, so how would T-X know where the police cars were in relation to John, and be able to ram him?  rock.gif

Usually there is a camera in front of police car, maybe that's why T-X can see him smile_o.gif

guys stop discussing about this and start worrying that this movie is not even gonna break even. I believe it costed $170 mil to make and so far the movie has made $110,313,912 reference

I really want to see the sequel to this movie, every1 stand up and go watch the movie again tounge_o.gif

guys stop discussing about this and start worrying that this movie is not even gonna break even. I believe it costed $170 mil to make and so far the movie has made $110,313,912 reference

I really want to see the sequel to this movie, every1 stand up and go watch the movie again  tounge_o.gif

Is that counter for US only or world wide? In anyway, T3 hasn't been released everywhere yet.

smile_o.gif

I really want to see the sequel to this movie, every1 stand up and go watch the movie again  tounge_o.gif

Well, that's box office takings...but DVD sales and rentals also make up a huge portion of movie profits thesedays...

lol, honestly who cares how the TX controlled that cars..

It was cool, thats all that matters

Its a 12a cert rock.gif

Its 1.40 Hr long rock.gif

Its made by some other guy rock.gif

It`ll probably be ok rock.gif

lol, honestly who cares how the TX controlled that cars..

It was cool, thats all that matters

Yeah, you're right - but I am a bit of a nut for this kind of stuff in movies, especially sci-fi: I like all the technology to be "believeable"...

That's why even though I love the Star Trek franchise, I could never accept "transporters" as believeable, even hundreds of years in the future... tounge_o.gif

Some German scientists recently menaged to "transport" an atomic particle. smile_o.gif You see, it could be possible. wink_o.gif

oh I just saw T3 and I loved it. Pumping action from first to last minute! Very hot T-X, and great humour indeed ( loved "talk to the hand" wink_o.gif ) ...

And how Arnie said "I'll be back" in T2... Now it was "I'm back." Etc. Lovely details.

Btw Jester, its exact length isn't 1h 38 min, it's 1h 40min 48sec.

Damn, all Terminator movies will be a must-have in a future movie collection in my future house.

Great movie smile_o.gif

have u ever thought that theres a loop?

in T1 Kyle goes back in time has sex with Sarah, John is born

in T3 John hooks up with this chick and is told they will have a baby.. now i think that they will call the baby kyle but they get split up in teh resistance and they forget wat each other look like.. and tehn john send kyle back to the past to save his mum.. thats wat i think any ways.. we will see in T4

Johns son travel back through time and has sex with his Grandmother, Grandmother gives birth to Kyles Father, Kyles Father Send johns son Back in time

biggrin_o.gif confusing but logical

Johns son travel back through time and has sex with his Grandmother, Grandmother gives birth to Kyles Father, Kyles Father Send johns son Back in time

biggrin_o.gif Reminds me of a Futurama episode where Fry goes back in time and accidentally kills his own grandfather and has sex with his grandmother, making himself his own grandfather haha

Btw Jester, its exact length isn't 1h 38 min, it's 1h 40min 48sec.

Really? Hmmm... Then fandango was wrong.. Maybe i can sue em for the incorrect time... blues.gifunclesam.gif

This movie shows that Cameron has good sense. Just like the Aliens series started to sink after Aliens2 it seems the Terminator series is going the same way. Robocop style smile_o.gif. Seems Cameron prefers to make movies about sinking ships rather than make them.

Well this could be worth it when it hits the DVD bargain bins.

The bright side is that it wasn't as bad as Matrix2 at least.

It will be up to Jackson to prove how a good trilogy is made, only a few months left.

BM

I simply cannot get over how FINE the T-X was wow_o.gifwow_o.gifsmile_o.gif Oh my...in the Air Force uniform...*Shashman dreams*

I simply cannot get over how FINE the T-X was  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif  smile_o.gif Oh my...in the Air Force uniform...*Shashman dreams*

Hey man, snap out of it *slaps* mad_o.giftounge_o.gif

It was a good movie, I was a bit dissapointed though when they didn't showed some more futuristic action. When I saw them robots en masse I kinda hoped on a battle-scene a la lord of the rings two towers. sad_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Maybe in T4?

I can near as guarantee you that you'll get all the "futuristic action" you can handle in T-4  wink_o.gif  smile_o.gif

And I'll be a very unhappy bunny if T-X isn't back  mad_o.gif

Something I noticed : Isn't it impossible for a Terminator to lie? Yet he does so on more than one occasion.He lies about letting Kate Brewster go after she tells him where Connor is hiding, and he lies about seeing him again when he is holding the blast door up,which he obviously won't (in this episode that's for sure seeing as he practically vaporises himself) rock.gif

But anyway this is one of the best action movies I've ever seen, and I loved it and I adored T-X inlove.gifinlove.gif

1141518.jpg

wow_o.gifwow_o.gifsmile_o.gif

ya I had her pic in my msn profile for a while tounge_o.gif