Sign in to follow this  
SpecOp9

Terminator 3

First of all,

This is the best movie I have seen.

THANK GOD, they made this movie correctly.  Just like Terminator, and Judgment Day, this movie had everything I hoped for.

Terminator 4 will be awsome too.  And the ending of the movie was a cliff leading to the bottom final battle between man and machine.

If you have not seen this movie yet,  I would suggest getting out there.

Terminator fans will be VERY happy biggrin_o.gif

I thought it was the worst piece of crap I have ever seen considered the money they have put into it.

It could work as decent entertainment but nothing more.

Yep, I have to agree, I saw this yesterday - 9/10

My only small problems with the movie were some of the more fantastic abilities of the TX, and a few small polt holes...other than that, it was truly awesome...some of the best special FX and action sequences I have seen in years! smile_o.gif

A piece of crap? Sheez, what are your standards?

You want Justin Timberlake in Terminator 4 to make ya happy?

I didn't think it would be all that good, well not much better than the 2nd one. My main reason was the Camrron factor. But I guess as long as they put enough thought into the story, and use of eye candy special fx... you'll have a winner.

Hope they don't rush the next one out, unless they took all this time between the 2 movies to work on the 4th story as well.

-=Die Alive=-

Honestly,

THEY BETTER NOT SCREW UP THE VIDEOGAME!

Or else somebody will need to hire Codemasters and BIS for every movie to videogame conversion...

--------

Brings me to another thing...

For god sakes, somebody start a company that does that.

Movies to Videogames

Videogames to Movies

Like Tomb Raider, and The Thing...

A piece of crap?  Sheez, what are your standards?

You want Justin Timberlake in Terminator 4 to make ya happy?

The movies are all about making money so maybe Justin Thimberlake is perhaps in T4? That would attract the young girls to the movie theaters which would mean even more money.

But I guess if you like the commercial music on MTV etc. you will propably by this movie also.

Not to mention that Kristana Lokken is totally hot as the T-X, and cutey Claire Daines too... smile_o.gif

T3-FX-324.jpg

BTW, anyone know what the MG is that Arnie fires from the hip in the cemetary...looked like an M1919 fed by a drum?

browning.gif

I saw it, it was absolutely great. I'd give it a 9/10 for some small nitpicks, otherwise it was all I hoped for. The humor was VERY funny, the car chase was really cool, the rest of the action was so amazing as well. Really, one of the best action movies of the past few years. I'm glad they didn't overuse the 3d effects, I always loved how in T2 the effects were used only where needed. smile_o.gif

Took this long to create a thread about T3?

Hmmm........  rock.gif

Something more useful, a quote from T1:

"I need a Uzi nine millimeter and a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range."

"Only what you see pal."

AFAIK, T3 was not directed by Cameron, but someone other. But that person was a big fan of Terminator.

Yeah, the Terminator series was supposed to end with T2 according to Cameron, but good ol' Arnie needed more cash it seems. T3 was directed by Jonathan Mostow by the way.

I havent seen it myself yet but as far as I gather it appears to be a very good action movie, all though with several plotholes (minor and major).

Gee you guys are slow watching movies! I saw it on sneak a peek night because I couldnt wait. Awesome movie, cant wait for t4

BTW, anyone know what the MG is that Arnie fires from the hip in the cemetary...looked like an M1919 fed by a drum?

browning.gif

Yea you are right fubar. That is the M1919 .30 cal.

It might be the M1919A4 but im not exactly sure. Just know it is the M1919.

anyways, saw T3 on july 4th. Damn good movie. Dont like how it kept us hanging. The scene where arnold hangs on to the crane was kool but i expected better of that one.

I cant wait for the next one.

T3 is directed by Jonathan Mostow who did that submarine movie a few years ago. I haven't seen this yet cos' it will be out in a couple of weeks here in sweden. That, and Badboys 2 i have to see!

smile_o.gif

T3 is directed by Jonathan Mostow who did that submarine movie a few years ago. I haven't seen this yet cos' it will be out in a couple of weeks here in sweden. That, and Badboys 2 i have to see!

smile_o.gif

No that submarine film.

The guy should have been taken out and shot for that. Bad enough he pissed on the Brits that actually died doing it, but the rest of the film was fucking awful as well.

Watch Das Boot instead. (I hear in the remake, the Germans are going to be replaced with Al Queda members! )

Sort of off-topic, but I always loved that out of most action films, esp. those with Arnold, or Dolph, or Sly, or VanDamme, you could take home some really funny one-liners.

"I just want to eat"-Universal Soldier

"I'll be back", etc. T1, T2

"...Mister 'I-am-the-law!' "-Judge Dredd

"I like you Sully, that's why I'm going to kill you last"-Commando.

But of late, nothing. crazy_o.gif The "best" out of T3 was "talk to the hand"rock.gif??

Sort of off-topic, but I always loved that out of most action films, esp. those with Arnold, or Dolph, or Sly, or VanDamme, you could take home some really funny one-liners.

"I just want to eat"-Universal Soldier

"I'll be back", etc. T1, T2

"...Mister 'I-am-the-law!' "-Judge Dredd

"I like you Sully, that's why I'm going to kill you last"-Commando.

But of late, nothing. crazy_o.gif The "best" out of T3 was "talk to the hand"rock.gif??

Don' forget T2 with "I need a vacation!". biggrin_o.gif

Well here is the small part of the story:

The original company that made T1 and T2 went bankrupt, and out of business.

Some wierd auction thing happened on who has the rights to film T3: Rise of the Machines.

I am very damn happy that these people won...

Well, since the title says spoiler alert, there's some things want to discuss:

**************SPOILERS**********************

Why did Robert Brewster tell John Connor and Kate Brewster that the Skynet's core was at the location where the fallout shelter was? OK, Arnie's agenda was always to save John and Kate rather than try to stop judgement day, but when did Robert get in on the act? It was almost like him and Arnie were working together to trick John and Kate into going to the shelter...I mean, I can see why he's want his daughter to be safe if he knew the bombs were about to start falling, but why wouldn't he just tell them "Skynet has no core, it's in all the worlds computers now, so save yourselves instead". I just seemed weird that he had the exact same agenda as Arnie to trick them into surviving...

Also, I thought some of the T-X's abilities were just silly. Controlling electronics by infecting them with nanos was OK, but how the feck does that allow her to remote control police cars? How do they steer, does the wheel turn itself? How about accelerating with no foot on the pedal? How does she control them when they are out of her sight, wouldn't they just crash into a wall - I mean, it's not like they had onboard cameras so she could remote monitor them.

And a flamethrower as a secondary weapon? Where was the fuel stored? An energy weapon made sense, I thought a flamethrower was just plain silly and only there for eye candy.

Finally, did anyone else find it weird that after all the punishment the T-X had taken, and recovered from, that a helo crashing into her would cripple her? She walked away from truck crashes, direct RPG hits etc but a chopper ramming into her rips her legs off?

Anyway, like I said, a few nitpicks, but all in all a VERY good movie, best I've seen in a year or more... smile_o.gif

**************END OF SPOILERS*****************

Why did Robert Brewster tell John Connor and Kate Brewster that the Skynet's core was at the location where the fallout shelter was? OK, Arnie's agenda was always to save John and Kate rather than try to stop judgement day, but when did Robert get in on the act? It was almost like him and Arnie were working together to trick John and Kate into going to the shelter...I mean, I can see why he's want his daughter to be safe if he knew the bombs were about to start falling, but why wouldn't he just tell them "Skynet has no core, it's in all the worlds computers now, so save yourselves instead". I just seemed weird that he had the exact same agenda as Arnie to trick them into surviving...

AFAIK, R. Brewster never said it was the core was located there. From what I remember he said something like "Get to crystal peak, its your only chance." He just said "chance" and nothing about "stop Skynet".

Maybe he figured out that Skynet had infected everything and had no central core and that the nukes were unstoppable.

smile_o.gif

No that submarine film.

The guy should have been taken out and shot for that. Bad enough he pissed on the Brits that actually died doing it, but the rest of the film was fucking awful as well.

Watch Das Boot instead. (I hear in the remake, the Germans are going to be replaced with Al Queda members! )

Oh i've never stated that that particular movie was good, just the fact that Mostow directed it smile_o.gif

It's a great movie, only the story and stuff is a little short. It's 'only' 1 H 40 M long.  rock.gif

But this movie has more action than the other onces for sure  tounge_o.gif . Especialy when Arnie drove over the T-X with the truck in the beginning. biggrin_o.gif Ouch ouch biggrin_o.gif .