Nillers

Arma 3 Creator DLC: Reaction Forces

Very impressed with the DLC so far however iv ran into a major issue.

being anywhere inside the new helicopter drops my FPS massively.

Iv no idea why. i have a strong rig, get around 90 fps on yaab. is there a known issue or something? it feels like its less severe if i have vsync off if thats related somehow though dont see how it would be.

im testing again running fps counter,im actually still locked at 60 with some dips to 50-55. normally without vsync in this envoirnment id be at 150 fps. It feels like something seriously is lagging as turning the camera is very very not smooth. very noticable.

Before, I praised any DLC coming out, for Arma3. Still, after watching one Russian review of this DLC , I would like to say that,  this DLC has a very small amount of content! It does not have its own map, has only a few samples of weapons, vests, uniforms multiplied by simple retexturing, while I found out that its cost is twice the cost of Western of Sahara DLC!  No, I'm not sorry to support creative people making content for my favorite game, yes! but before paid DLC should look like real DLC, not like next mod from Steam workshop. 

Unfortunately, the YouTuber said that he does not recommend it for purchase, due to poor content.  They write the same thing in the comments.

@Rotators Collective - please add at least more weapons and uniforms, otherwise it's catastrophically poor content.  2-4 samples of weapons or uniforms in different skin, this is very small, for paid content...

I will support your work one way or another, but it seems to me that before the release, you should add more stuff

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, mickeymen said:

@Rotators Collective - please add at least more weapons and uniforms, otherwise it's catastrophically poor content.  2-4 samples of weapons or uniforms in different skin, this is very small, for paid content...

I will support your work one way or another, but it seems to me that before the release, you should add more stuff

I respectfully disagree, content versus price point is a very subjective argument and comparing one CDLC with another isn't entirely fair, each one has different scope and aims.

Most criticism I've read (and watched) reference the small amount of new playable assets while completely ignoring the generous amount of highly original playable content on offer.

And let's not forget the awesome soundtrack that's included which is on totally on point with the rest of the content, I'm a musician myself and the creation of new original music should never be overlooked or taken for granted.  

And regarding those playable assets, I love pistols and goddam those new pistols are very lovable. 

All in all a cool new piece of Arma 3 content. :rthumb:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, mickeymen said:

while I found out that its cost is twice the cost of Western of Sahara DLC!

You can easily check the price of WS and RF on the Steam Store and find out that... no, the cost is *not* twice of Western Sahara. It kinda baffles me how people can make such a mistake about a fact that can be verified in less than a minute of trying.

Not going to comment on the rest, since everyone has their own opinion. However, it saddens me a bit that you don't even mention the primary focus of the CDLC - the helicopter and pickup with all their customization options, which you can't find on the workshop like that as of now. That said, since it might not be fully clear, you can check the features-list on the website in bullet points to see exactly what has been added to the game with this CDLC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lexx said:

You can easily check the price of WS and RF on the Steam Store and find out that... no, the cost is *not* twice of Western Sahara. It kinda baffles me how people can make such a mistake about a fact that can be verified in less than a minute of trying.

Not going to comment on the rest, since everyone has their own opinion. However, it saddens me a bit that you don't even mention the primary focus of the CDLC - the helicopter and pickup with all their customization options, which you can't find on the workshop like that as of now. That said, since it might not be fully clear, you can check the features-list on the website in bullet points to see exactly what has been added to the game with this CDLC.

I dont know if my post above was missed or looked past as not being an actual issue and ignored as alot of posts here go,and im not trying to be snarky at all here so plz dont take it as that or pestering. But i am really having what feels like massive script lag in an empty editor,unmodded game when i enter the new helicopter. As i dont see any support page for the CDLC i just want to ask again. Is there an issue with the helo currently? is my report being looked at even? i did purchase this cdlc specifically for this asset and im really dissapointed i cant even enjoy it. Iv got no hardware issues and Arma3 is smooth as butter.

i have tried disabling flotation ability thinking its related but it didnt make a difference. Simply sitting in the helo on an empty editor should not be lagging for me, can someone please help with this? 

We have not heard of reports like that. Our helicopter shouldn't drain performance more than the other vanilla helicopters. The civilian variants have a 2d map monitor, but again, that also shouldn't cause such big issues - also the military variants do not have that, so at least they should be ok. Another possible factor could be the PIP-Screen, but again, those are done the same way as in every other vanilla vehicle. Nothing fancy going on there at all. You could try to disable PIP in the settings just for a test and see if that changes something. Other than that I have no idea right now what could be the cause for this.

On 3/27/2024 at 5:47 PM, rewan said:

I am a bit disappointed that the NATO Cougar doesn't come with a side door 20mm variant

Actually there is a NATO variant of Cougar with Chin-gun and external pylons, B_Heli_EC_02_RF but it is hidden for a purpose, if this satisfies you...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, lexx said:

We have not heard of reports like that. Our helicopter shouldn't drain performance more than the other vanilla helicopters. The civilian variants have a 2d map monitor, but again, that also shouldn't cause such big issues - also the military variants do not have that, so at least they should be ok. Another possible factor could be the PIP-Screen, but again, those are done the same way as in every other vanilla vehicle. Nothing fancy going on there at all. You could try to disable PIP in the settings just for a test and see if that changes something. Other than that I have no idea right now what could be the cause for this.

Fair enough but look, im not new in the editor or Arma 3. ten years designing mission and i absolutely can tell that what im experienceing here is not right. There absolutely is massive slowdown when in the interior and freelooking makes it very obvious. I tested all variants,in all liveries in all configurations.

The issue absolutely goes away when i enter windowed fullscreen(which for me then disables vsync automatically). Or, if i play without Vsync.

However with vsync on, and fullscreen (actual fullscreen enabled) it feels very jarring inside the aircraft. Outside 3rd person camera is fine. 

Now i dont have this issue with other vehicles,and i dont use PIP at all,and iv exhausted all attempts to test. My finding is that what iv said above,and i have no idea why its like that because iv played Arma3 with vsync enabled for 10 years without issue.

Can you please try to reproduce my steps? i bought this CDLC specifically for the Helo its lovely.

As I said, we did not get reports like that and I also can't reproduce it on my own (tried on 3 different PCs, 60 FPS 1st and 3rd person, tried fullscreen and windowed fullscreen). At this time I have no idea what could cause this. Since you say it goes away if you are in fullscreen this could be something engine-related, but again.. absolutely no clue.

13 minutes ago, lexx said:

As I said, we did not get reports like that and I also can't reproduce it on my own (tried on 3 different PCs, 60 FPS 1st and 3rd person, tried fullscreen and windowed fullscreen). At this time I have no idea what could cause this. Since you say it goes away if you are in fullscreen this could be something engine-related, but again.. absolutely no clue.

Thanks for checking,

can you elaborate. first off did you disable vsync from the Nvidia control panel or equivelant? ingame vsync setting is not the same. i also do not drop below 60 fps, i can reach 160 fps without vsync inside the helo,obviously without vsync,but with vsync on,and even though its constantly at 60 fps,the stuttering when panning camera is huge.

No, in full screen ,actual fullscreen with vsync on,which is the only way i ever played Arma,the issue is apparent. If it was an engine issue then all the vehicles or helis in the base game should be the exact same but they are not. I team switch back and forth testing this from one unit in rear of a Huron and one in Cougar just to check im not going mad,and yes the issue is absolutely noticable.

I agree this is an odd one,but i made a tracker ticket for it and explained the steps to reproduce. Iv never heard or seen of an issue like this in over 7000 hours in this game. Perhaps(and im not tryna be funny) nobody noticed/reported because Arma3 runs like that for them all the time especially in MP,or they just arent noticing.

Is there anything specifically different about your helo from vanilla that can cause this? at this point i cannot use it and will add it to CSAT,but was really hoping to nail down the issue. I suppose unless someone else reports,nobody will test further?

44 minutes ago, redarmy said:

Is there anything specifically different about your helo from vanilla that can cause this?

No, it was one of our core principles to keep it as close to vanilla as possible.

I can't check the other stuff right now. I don't use NVIDIA vsync at all, just the ingame stuff.

3 minutes ago, lexx said:

No, it was one of our core principles to keep it as close to vanilla as possible.

I can't check the other stuff right now. I don't use NVIDIA vsync at all, just the ingame stuff.

ok. i have an idea, im going to check to see if i can fix it,if so il write back here with info. Im sure im not the only one with the issue.

so now is possible... I saw the same camo on cougar would be awesome
thediplomat_2015-09-28_14-08-36.jpg

Ok so regarding the issue with Vsync i did try to switch from fullscreen,exclusive fullscreen,and windows. Messing around with Vsync off and fast sync settings. And iv narrowed down how to fully reproduce it on my end.

Its not got to do with Vsync,instead anything that limits framerate. I used a frame rate cap of 60FPS while running Vsync off, and again,fast sync. in game i had 60 capped and it was a slide show,i changed to window mode which then removes the locked fps,and everything was smooth.

There isnt much else i can do on my end to fix it. And i cannot start to explain it as in 30 years iv never seen something so bizzare. Unfortunately i wont be able to fly this helo,its a damn shame. I appreciate all the work gone into it.

I would go as far as to ask BIS directly if you devs are in touch with this release,as to what they think the issue may be. Who knows,they may actually have more insight,your stumped,im stumped,problem is real and i dont see a way around it.

4 hours ago, POLPOX said:

Actually there is a NATO variant of Cougar with Chin-gun and external pylons, B_Heli_EC_02_RF but it is hidden for a purpose, if this satisfies you...

It's different from what I'd like to see. But thanks regardless. 😛 
(Side door is side door, front turret & pylons is front turret & pylons)

On a unrelated note, we installed RF on our dedicated server but apparently now trying to NOT launch RF on it causes some weird bug where the interface for the advanced flight sim mode is active at all time. (And yes, even for folks playing without any mods & disabling all mods on the server)
Any idea what could be going on there, did we mess something up or did the spaghetti rear its ugly plate ?

1 minute ago, rewan said:

On a unrelated note, we installed RF on our dedicated server but apparently now trying to NOT launch RF on it causes some weird bug where the interface for the advanced flight sim mode is active at all time. (And yes, even for folks playing without any mods & disabling all mods on the server)

This is a known and sorted issue. Will be fixed in near future.

1 hour ago, redarmy said:

Ok so regarding the issue with Vsync i did try to switch from fullscreen,exclusive fullscreen,and windows. Messing around with Vsync off and fast sync settings. And iv narrowed down how to fully reproduce it on my end.

Only thing I could suggest is execute this:

vehicle player setObjectTexture ["pip_screen",""]

While you're in a civilian variant. But I don't know what else can cause it.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, POLPOX said:

Only thing I could suggest is execute this:

vehicle player setObjectTexture ["pip_screen",""]

While you're in a civilian variant. But I don't know what else can cause it.

Thanks alot for any suggestions. It didnt have much of an effect if any. Actually i wonder if the textures are in some way causing it. Iv spent an hour in every helo now testing,and tweaking settings,and noticed that in the cougar,compared to say the mohawk,its much higher quality. Removing the cieling tarp/carpet and opening side doors "seems" to help slightly too. Ironically setting textures to low,or going back to 1080p doesnt have any effect if anything makes performance worse. Potentially textures could be better optimised,and that could be the issue? You guys did mention you made this to match vanilla stuff but clearly i can see a visual increase in texture fidelity.

Regardless,its not as noticable as a pilot,which again to me hints at cargo textures,and its a welcome aircraft indeed. Used by me or to be shot down by me. Can easily stand in as a "Hind" type looking variant with some imagination and texture work. 

I'm extremely pleased with this CDLC. We have already enjoyed it in our group and made for some great ways to change a story. The additional units are great. Messing around with the HE drones was a LOT of fun. The scout drones are supper helpful and....FIREFIGHTING.

Good job guys.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, POLPOX said:

Thank you very much and keep up the good work !

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lilwillie said:

I'm extremely pleased with this CDLC. We have already enjoyed it in our group and made for some great ways to change a story. The additional units are great. Messing around with the HE drones was a LOT of fun. The scout drones are supper helpful and....FIREFIGHTING.

Good job guys.

Im loving it too. im very happy we have new helmets especially,the russian visor is just perfect for my custom RU made forces and the shape breaker i have added to a custom SFIA group. I do wish the bolt action could be more useful though,im sure devs had a reason to make it 5.56 but its pretty non sensible to use in a conventional setting where body armor is concerned. I would love future work by you devs to add more bolt actions to the game,in the 2035 era,i hard feat needing imagination im sure,but my confidence in the dev team is solid.

On 3/28/2024 at 12:18 AM, lexx said:

"You can easily check the price" - Do you guarantee that today's price corresponds to the price on November 18, 2021!?

Dude, I don't have any mistake. I bought Western Sahara CDLC, for a price that I remember perfectly well. Seeing the cost of Creator DLC: Reaction Forces, I see a two-fold difference!

If you offer me to look at TODAY's cost, it means that BIS  or Steam have increased the cost.

I've checked it out now. Indeed, the price of WS is now higher than the one at which I bought it, more than a two year ago. 

Thus, there are no mistakes, there is only an increased price since release

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, mickeymen said:

"You can easily check the price" - Do you guarantee that today's price corresponds to the price on November 18, 2021!?

Dude, I don't have any mistake. I bought Western Sahara CDLC, for a price that I remember perfectly well. Seeing the cost of Creator DLC: Reaction Forces, I see a two-fold difference!

If you offer me to look at TODAY's cost, it means that BIS  or Steam have increased the cost.

I've checked it out now. Indeed, the price of WS is now higher than the one at which I bought it, more than a two year ago. 

all CDLC are very cheap and are made with passion, no one other game give so much a so lower cost 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mickeymen said:

You can check the price history on SteamDB: https://steamdb.info/app/1681170/ that's all I know about it.

3 hours ago, lexx said:

You can check the price history on SteamDB: https://steamdb.info/app/1681170/ that's all I know about it.

LoL!  I bought my DLС, and I can know its cost better than you, but you still going to argue with me!  Maybe you want to say that I'm lying?  As far I remember, WS. right on the release, It was for everyone a discount cost, or something like that

To be more precise, today (March 29, 2024) Reaction Forces price is not even 2 times higher! It costs more than 2 times, relative to the price of Western Sahara from November 18, 2021. 

While Western Sahara had 2 times more content + its own map.  

This is so you must know...

Any chance you guys could make the passenger positions nearest the doors able to use their weapons?

Also, much bigger ask, but could you please consider adding door gunner equipped variants of the two helos?

AS532AL-Chile.jpgMmS0e4AnoYdAM27Sp8w=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=Upgraded_Army_Lynx_helicopter_fleet_compWilcat-M3M-Gun.jpg

• Like 5