Sign in to follow this  
fighter

C-130 by hawk (in two camo versions) !!!

You can add the nuke to every plane with a script, i tried that bevore.

And it would be cool.

BUt if the plane has no Hardpoints, it trows itselfe all over and starts to stall when launched.

did you removeallweapons?

(the flares) -> Hmm they could be replaced my the nuke.

NO NO NO NO i couldnt get the Nuke in the back of the plane.. the storage area not the weapon cargo

Ohhh..OOOOh ok.

hmm would it be posible to add a parachute to it with a script, or must that be modelled?

maybe, some valentiers?

Wow, this one is even more worse then the last release.

*deleted*

mad_o.gif

LOL You can load helicopters and other aircraft into it!!

IMPORTANT NOTE

THIS LAST RELEASE HAVE NOT BEEN AUTHORIZED BY HAWK NEITHER I HAD PREVIOS KWOLEDGE ABOUT IT.

Somebody got access to the link Hawck and I were using to trade beta versions for test and released this version without HAwk or myself knowledge or approval.

this version is absolutely uncompleted, you can even see that it has a README from version 1.15.

We are working actually on the exterlan details of both Cammo version , what you see there is just a beta stage specially on grey version.

Fligh model plus fully functional scripts for cargo release and Mid air refuelling are already on the works.

To avoid you more hassle and confussion I suggest you do not waste your time downloading other C-130 versions from HAwk you may find on the net unless released by HAwk himself or me.

Sorry for all confusion and troubles. I just can tell you one thing. When we release final version it will be bug free and with all relevant issues addressed.

how many times has this happend now? twice? 3 times? u should password protect it that was it wont get stolen...

lol at least no 1 will think that u do this just for an excuse :P

Damn, there are some stupid ignorant selfish people out there. Sorry for pre-early feedback Furia and Hawk. sad_o.gif

So does this mean THE REAL version is NOT done in JPEG?

good cuz i was getting worried that the best c130 (Grey One) that i have, i wont be able to use it.. keep the grey textures... just dont make it a .jpg! When this plane doesnt lag itll.. probablly be N in all of my missions that I use the Rangers in, since i have no mh60 to insert them in with.. itll be lots of 75th being dropped from the skies.

just a side note, when you do " release " this addon..... Can you plz give a explanation as to how to use the scripts that are contained in the addon for mission making purposes.... IE: tell us the dang scripting commands! LOL wink_o.gif

How come some of the parachutes don't open? biggrin_o.gif

Chill, please read the rest of the thread first. That problem is a known bug and this latest release of the C130 was a unauthorized leak of the addon and not an official release from Hawk or Furia. Alot of people have complained about the parachute problem so I'm sure they're working on fixing that up a bit. Personally I think they should just stick to external scripts but tied into a jump light like on the Ju-52 WWII cargo plane that was released. I love the way that one works (although the jump script needs to unassign its passengers).

But if they can pull of an internal parachute script then more power to them.

At any rate personally I'm relieved that this last release wasn't their latest version. I was very frustrated for awhile, but now my hope has been restored. smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Thanks Hudson and Donnervogel. I did some testing and came out with these results:-

Image size           File/Hardisk size   Memory size

1024 X 512 tga image =    1,537,000 kb 2,037,000kb

1024 X 512 jpg image =     245,000 kb 2,037,000kb

1024 X 512 paa image =    342,000kb   342,000kb

512 X 256 tga image =      393,234 kb 525,288kb

512 X 256 jpg image =      94,666 kb 525,288kb

512 X 256 paa image =      86,000kb 86,000kb

256 X 128 jpg image =      31,787kb 132,072kb

256 X 128 paa image =     22,000kb 22,000kb

Based on facts for quality:-

Size:- 1024 X 512 image.

1. Bytes of info = position and color of pixels

2. A 1024 X 512 jpg image will contain 2,037,000kb (bytes of info)

3. A 1024 X 512 paa image will contain   342,000kb ( bytes of info)

4. Therefore an object ingame with paa image will not lag as much compared with an object using jpg for 1024 X 512 size.

5. But quality of paa image kb loss is terrible compared to jpg.

Size:- 512 X 256  and 256 X 128 image

1. same conclusion as 1024 X 512 image.

Personal conclusion:-

To achieve best of both worlds:-

1. use 256 X 128 jpg image( 137,072kb memory) for areas that can hide actual protruding strutures to achieve a 3D look and use it sparingly for critical areas only.

Reason:- Because u will need at least paa size 512 X 256 (86,000kb) to give the same amount of pixel info otherwise the pic will look plain colour.

2. Areas that are seldom seen or double colored only should stick to using paa images.

3. Any pic that is below 256 X 128, i doubt anyone will be able to see any detail close up.

Do note this is only a personal belief based on avaliable facts.

PS: Back to topic, the C130 uses 1024 sized jpgs???...gosh...! wow_o.gif

I made the experience that you can use big pac textures for 3D look too. When you have, let's say, a window part in 256x256 and you have some empty space in the textures you can use it for textures for smaller objects with very high quality which gives you a good "3d look".

Example: picture