Sign in to follow this  

Ask a mod

Something regarding the 100kb image rule. Wouldn't it be better to have a maximum for a complete post? Like 600kb per post (6 images each 100kb). Since people in the OFP:CP topic are now cutting up pictures in smaller pieces and then paste them together, wouldn't it be better to have a size limit for a complete post?

Yes, I know this means that some people cut up large images into multiple pieces - however, be that as it may, the image size limit around here isn't going to change from 100kb.

100kb per image, and it isn't likely that it's going to change anytime soon.

the mod maker member level was created years back when there was a beta testing for O2 was held. It was supposed to give those people access to restricted forum for O2.

Now that O2 and visitor is out, the member level is obsolete and lives in name only. Although it might be tempting, there is no real benefit for it and would rather leave it alone.

Why are people who joined much later (2005 for example) put in that member group then?

Quote[/b] ]Yes, I know this means that some people cut up large images into multiple pieces - however, be that as it may, the image size limit around here isn't going to change from 100kb.

Maybe we could consider, next time we change the rules, a limit per post and not per image?

Why are people who joined much later (2005 for example) put in that member group then?

If I receive a request and somehow it arrives at a time I'm not overly busy I'll usually do it, perhaps the same applies for other moderators, as I point out to people who make such requests the purpose of the group is moot these days, but if it makes them happy who am I to argue, it should be noted the chances of a request arriving at a time when I'm not busy are about 365/1 wink_o.gif

Maybe we could consider, next time we change the rules, a limit per post and not per image?

The rule will most likely never be changed, I see no reason, even if everyone is on 10mb internet I don't see why that should be reason enough to become lax about unnecessary bandwidth wastage smile_o.gif

After I re-read the post you made Ironsight, I realised something, if you look at the current way:

5 images x 100kb = 500kb per post

Your idea:

6 images x 100kb = 600kb per post

So I changed my mind, current rules are infact better. crazy_o.gif

After I re-read the post you made Ironsight, I realised something, if you look at the current way:

5 images x 100kb = 500kb per post

Your idea:

6 images x 100kb = 600kb per post

So I changed my mind, current rules are infact better.  crazy_o.gif

Yeah, and think differently again, you'll see whats up. pistols.gif

This question is directed more so at Paul and BIS, rather than the moderators.

Would it be possible for a thread regarding pre-release armed assault news and updates e.t.c., that only BIS team members and moderators can post news in?

I still have a keen interest on hearing the latest news on upcoming developments from BIS, but nowadays, I only occasionally get the chance to pop in to have a good read of the forums and 'Flash News'.

Whilst yes, the threads regarding armed assault are helpful, many of 'ye olde fans', no longer have the time, nor the patience, to read 70 or so pages of speculation and other banter; to unearth the truly newsworthy items within, and would make being on the ball, allot easier.

It would also be great for archival purposes, IE, using the forum to save articles that are likely to be deleted by webmasters once past their use by date.

Cheers boys, and keep up the good work. smile_o.gif

Would it be possible to create a research topic for addon makers in the offtopic section. One thread where people can request photos and info or provide it. Think it would be very helpfull.

Would it be possible to create a research topic for addon makers in the offtopic section. One thread where people can request photos and info or provide it. Think it would be very helpfull.

Wouldn't A&M:D be more appropriate? I like the idea and would be happy to pin such a thread.

Edit:

ozanzac I'm not ignoring your question, you make a good point and I'm having a think smile_o.gif

Wouldn't A&M:D be more appropriate? I like the idea and would be happy to pin such a thread.

Go ahead and pin it.

Ironsight, I know that is research topic, but for good measure, how about putting up a warning about no-debating in that thread?

Ironsight, I know that is research topic, but for good measure, how about putting up a warning about no-debating in that thread?

Added a warning. I will keep monitoring the topic, if it does get out of hand I'll ask a moderator to intervene.

Hi all biggrin_o.gif !

I was wondering how to change my name, right now it's "Thomas Ryan" but I wan't to change it to "Zipper5" (don't ask tounge2.gif )

Anyways, how do I do that? If someone can tell me, I'll be very thankful thumbs-up.gif !

You'd have to create a new account. Then we will lock your current acount once the new one is working.

OK Thanks! biggrin_o.gif

Will re register now! thumbs-up.gif

*Edit: I can't, it says "this email adress cannot be used as it is already in our record books" or somthing like that. Please help sad_o.gif !

Just use a different e-mail address when creating the account.

Duplicate accounts will result in a permanent ban, they aren't tolerated under the forum rules.

Usernames cannot be changed.

The only way to change your name is to do it via conversation with a moderator who will post restrict your current account then transfer your details over to the new account once it's created smile_o.gif

What about changing your name to an account that already exists, but is absolutely inactive?

For example, I'm not a fan of the _01 after my name, but someone already has "abs" selected, yet they have not posted since 2002. I have sent them an email and gotten no response, so all I can do is conclude that they're inactive. Would it be possible to delete old inactive accounts, so that people can get the names that they want?

Abs

Such things will be decided case by case, you're welcome to PM the details to me, unfortunately it's possible it will take a while to receive a reply though smile_o.gif

@placebo

just wondering if the time has come for this question to be answered smile_o.gif. ?

you did asked to be reminded .

would be nice ,if it could happen sooner than later, alot of splintered info about arma and second guessing, i have contributed too, i know smile_o.gif..

q&a on arma

Guest Ti0n3r

edit; nevermind.

How about people get an "award" for the dumbest topic of the year?

Not really an award, but more like a mark, that you are kinda' stupid.

And it should only happen to people that are active on these forums afterwards they made the topic, not like people joining up, writes one topic about some crap no one understands, and then get banned.

You get the idea?

Regards

JW

smile_o.gif

We dont hang people out to dry (except first-time posters who gets perm banned maybe).