Sign in to follow this  

Ask a mod

Addons & Mods : Discussion would be the correct forum for that.

You can use the "F-word" as long as its not offsensive to anyone else.

Iv'e been writing seemingly useless posts, much like this one, for several years now... So where is MY title? It desperatley needs changing since I never was, and never will be an "OF Fan" - What the heck is an OF anyways? tounge2.gif

Iv'e been writing seemingly useless posts, much like this one, for several years now... So where is MY title? It desperatley needs changing since I never was, and never will be an "OF Fan" - What the heck is an OF anyways? tounge2.gif

whistle.gif

Well atleast this title describes one of my bodyparts tounge2.gifbiggrin_o.gif

May I ask why the "Dutch sell "Wehrmacht" helmets for world cup" topic was closed? After all it's pretty politics and military (since we are talking about a military helmet) related:

Quote[/b] ]For discussions not strictly related to Operation Flashpoint. Topics should still be related in some way, for example: military, politics, science and other military games.

Quote[/b] ]In all seriousness though this is a bit too "ot for ot", when the World Cup arrives we'll have a proper thread for all the meaningless trivia and chat a World Cup kicks up smile_o.gif

The "politics and military" content is tenuous at best, shall we next have a thread about England fans humming the theme from Dambusters to German fans each time England play Germany at football? No for the same reasons.

Once the World Cup thread is created if anyone feels it necessary to go back and discuss shiny orange helmets they can do smile_o.gif

wouldn't it be interesting to activate the Ikonboard Statistics module (or something similar)?

it would be nice to have some general ideas about

- evolution of forum activity over the years

- average span of member participation

- postcount in comparison with length of postings in characters

- inversely: amount of inactive members vs. active members

- age compared to activity

- number of topics opened by individual members

I just would like to understand what keeps me coming back to these forums.

Quote[/b] ]In all seriousness though this is a bit too "ot for ot", when the World Cup arrives we'll have a proper thread for all the meaningless trivia and chat a World Cup kicks up smile_o.gif

The "politics and military" content is tenuous at best, shall we next have a thread about England fans humming the theme from Dambusters to German fans each time England play Germany at football? No for the same reasons.

Once the World Cup thread is created if anyone feels it necessary to go back and discuss shiny orange helmets they can do smile_o.gif

isnt it the great escape theme tune whistle.gif

oh, and if you fancy changing my title to something witty and amusing go for it biggrin_o.gif although not quite sure what confused_o.gif Great Dane is a personal favourite tounge2.gif

wouldn't it be interesting to activate the Ikonboard Statistics module (or something similar)?

it would be nice to have some general ideas about

- evolution of forum activity over the years

- average span of member participation

- postcount in comparison with length of postings in characters

- inversely: amount of inactive members vs. active members

- age compared to activity

- number of topics opened by individual members

I just would like to understand what keeps me coming back to these forums.

also a feature that automatically copies the last posting on a page to the top of the next page would keep a lot of useful information from being ignored tounge2.gif

I just want to clarify/explain a few points that seem to be popping up in some PMs to moderators lately.

Abusive PMs - if you receive an abusive PM from another member, we can't take any action unless you forward the PM to us. The appropriate course of action is to NOT respond to the PM, forward it to us, and wait for us to take action. Don't respond with an equally abusive PM of your own.

Problems away from these forums - anything that happens outside this forum, such as on other forums, chatboards, ICQ channels, game servers etc. is well out of our "jurisdiction". If someone who is another member of this forum insults or abuses you OUTSIDE of this forum, there is absolutely nothing we can do about it, I'm afraid.

Inter mod-team arguments - I've got to say, that this is a real sore point with me (and the other mods). There is nothing worse than to have to referee two (or more) groups of people who are determined to bicker and spam each others threads wherever possible. We ask in the STRONGEST possible terms that you keep these arguments off these forums - ideally, you shouldn't be bickering at all, but if it can't be avoided, we DONT WANT IT HERE. Period. This is something we will be getting extremely tough on starting now. Unless you want to find yourself banned until well after ArmA is released, you will act in a civilised fashion on these forums. If you don't like someone, or their mod team, IGNORE THEM.

Abusive PMs - if you receive an abusive PM from another member, we can't take any action unless you forward the PM to us. The appropriate course of action is to NOT respond to the PM, forward it to us, and wait for us to take action. Don't respond with an equally abusive PM of your own.

In the PM box , there is an option to prevent an user to send you a message.

It should be usefull (if it works, as i never tested) for those people being annoyed by some PM

118vl.jpg

229ny.jpg

331vi.jpg

Another thing that Invision PowerBoard has over Ikonboard, you can't set moderators on your banlist tounge2.gif

Can a moderator temperarily ban me on the release of Armed Assault please? As I fear I may overspam or post some huge pics everywhere crazy_o.gif

thx... banghead.gif

Was just woundering weather it be worth while too make a new topic in the offtopic forum where me and my fellow forum go'ers could post pics that they have drawn/made on pc/some other medium to show off our artistic talent? biggrin_o.gif

I seem to recall a similar question being asked in here, please go and find my answer if you can then I'll decide smile_o.gif

Er.. wish i never asked now confused_o.gif off i go to search 160 pages crazy_o.giftounge2.gif

Edit: Found it!

Quote[/b] ]
I have a question to mod team of these forums.

Is there a possibility to create a so-called "artistic thread" where all addon and mod makers could show their concept and artistic works?

I see no reason why there can't be an overall "My art thread" in off topic similar to the real life photography thread where people post their personal art, however I don't think addon and mod making itself warrants an art thread.

Looks like ill be on my way to create a thread biggrin_o.gif

Hahaha well even if I'd said no last time perhaps the effort you'd put in to find the answer would have changed my mind wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Warning: Somewhat sick, but hilarious:

<Link Removed>

Edited by Placebo on Feb. 01 2006,14:38

I was just about to complain about this as it had racism etc yesterday? good to see he got banned, good job smile_o.gif

Centering?

Like the html; "<c>centered text</c>"

Doesn't we have that in IB Code?

//JW

smile_o.gif

Centering?

Like the html; "<c>centered text</c>"

Doesn't we have that in IB Code?

//JW

smile_o.gif

There is no "centering" tag in html huh.gif

There is, however, an "align" attribute which you can use for some tags ("td" being one of them")