Sign in to follow this  

Ask a mod

I did that in the bad virus thread, but I quickly got rid of it :P Anyways, I didn't bother putin it back in there because what I had was already stated in the Windows Security problem thing.

Question: Do you have to get a custom title by a moderator or is there a certain number of posts you must reach in order to get one?

Custom titles need to be requested. however, we give out those on the evaluation of the member. and with a twist.

so usually, it's better not to ask. just ask Tovarish what he ended up with for a brief period of time. blues.gif

What the ruling with threads on newly released movies.

The Freddy v Jason thread was closed yet we have had a threads dealing with Terminator 3 and the Hulk remain open.

Now im confused rock.gif

What the ruling with threads on newly released movies.

The Freddy v Jason thread was closed yet we have had a  threads dealing with Terminator 3 and the Hulk remain open.

Now im confused rock.gif

still pending. the issue is being dealt amongst mods.

If Freddy vs Jason thread gets reopened, then I'm starting a Gigli thread. biggrin_o.gif

Maybe T3/Hulk/Matrix/other Hollywood ejaculaction blockbusters are worth talking about while this FvJ will probably be a flop.

-=Die Alive=-

Mods, is there a possibility of adding an ignore feature to the forum? I think it might cut down on the number of PRs given out for flaming and other uncivil offenses.

But why would that be necessary? Can't you simply not post a reply? Can't you ignore whatever post it is you want to ignore? rock.gif

But why would that be necessary? Can't you simply not post a reply? Can't you ignore whatever post it is you want to ignore?  rock.gif

In case it hasn't registered, I have a big mouth and the manual fortitude to keep up in type. To that end, it is very difficult for me to resist replying or getting the last word in. This has gotten me in trouble in the past, and I've done my best to curb my temper and my toungue. Still, it would be nice if I could have a little help along the way. I've seen ignore buttons implemented on other forums, and I was curious to know whether it wouldn't be much trouble to add it here.

Flaming in the Ask a Mod thread might be considered a punishable offence, so be careful.

As for ignore, I think that is more a personal ability than something that should be implemented as a feature.

@ Aug. 15 2003,02:34)]Mods, is there a possibility of adding an ignore feature to the forum? I think it might cut down on the number of PRs given out for flaming and other uncivil offenses.

Would you really want that? I think that the most powerful thing with this forum is that you meet all sorts of people. It would be much less real if you filtered out everybody you did not like.

Plus, it's not so bad. It's much worse for the mods who really have to think all the time of what they're saying and how it can be misinterpreted. As a member you have the luxury of truly flaming somebody properly. Not that I'm encouraging it, but I think in some situations speaking your mind is worth a 48h PR.

Besides, look at the Iraq thread. This place would be boring if we just ignored each other. unclesam.gif

From using the ignore feature on other Vb boards, I didn't find it that useful. Instead of making it so that you can't see that they've posted, you get a "This user is on your ignore list. Click HERE to view the message." in place of their post. Do you think you'd be able to resist clicking? Half the time I don't.

A "ban from thread" feature (if that is possible) would be much nicer. Take for instance the famed BAS discussion threads. Wich have been closed down due to nagging, mild flaming and BAS member requests.

A "ban from thread" feature (if that is possible) would be much nicer. Take for instance the famed BAS discussion threads. Wich have been closed down due to nagging, mild flaming and BAS member requests.

Oh yes, this would be a nice feature. smile_o.gif

Why can't select 'standard Ikon board skin' in my control panel anymore?

The option is there, but whatever I choose I get the bloody awful 'BIS Forum' style with its giant letters and irritating background.

Say it ain't so mister!

Yup I know I've whinged about it in the mods forum sad_o.gif Not sure whose area it is, ICQ'd Scream so let's see what happens smile_o.gif

The good news is as you will have noticed we've scrapped all forum rules so it's a free for all  wink_o.gif