Sign in to follow this  

Ask a mod

At the very bottom of the screen when you are in a thread you make, you get a close this topic option. If I close my own thread, can I also re-open it?

At the very bottom of the screen when you are in a thread you make, you get a close this topic option.  If I close my own thread, can I also re-open it?

Yep you can do that, I did it to... Simple people are spaming in your Topic: Close it and just open it when it's the time.

Like: You created the OFP Combat Photo graphy....Well You can close it if you want and re-open it later. wink_o.gif

I dont think admins (and avonlady) should have postcounts.

They only give people targets of what to acheive, and if it is (practically) unacheivable they will spam loads to try and acheive it.

I only want a post count so the mods see I have been here a long time so Placebo can give me a fricken title. ( I am still waiting. mad_o.gif(J/K) tounge_o.giftounge_o.giftounge_o.gif )

I dont think admins (and avonlady) should have postcounts.

They only give people targets of what to acheive, and if it is (practically) unacheivable they will spam loads to try and acheive it.

I only want a post count so the mods see I have been here a long time so Placebo can give me a fricken title. ( I am still waiting. mad_o.gif(J/K)  tounge_o.gif  tounge_o.gif  tounge_o.gif )

Never ask for a title. You usually get something you don't expect.

Cough...

I only want a post count so the mods see I have been here a long time so Placebo can give me a fricken title. ( I am still waiting. mad_o.gif(J/K)  tounge_o.gif  tounge_o.gif  tounge_o.gif )

No, don't tempt Ralph!  crazy_o.gif

(Crap, I think I've gone and tempted Ralph!) wow_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

Gotta watch out, Ralph goes to Bovine University. tounge_o.gif (oh shit, this is like spamming, I just realized)

Gotta watch out,  Ralph goes to Bovine University.  tounge_o.gif

lol That's allright, I'm beginning to think our campus was the inspiration for this place

LMAO, the Undergrads... yeah in some ways I totally agree (then again, you get even more ripped off at other places)

actually, all the characters fit people I knew there a few years back... I watch that cartoon and just say "yeah that's exactly what he'd do" biggrin_o.gif

EDIT: sorry, spamming again, slipped my mind. -5 post reduction

(that's a cool site Nitz biggrin_o.gif , left you a message on the Gimptron)

You guys talk to much. Be quiet or I will smite your post counts.

......Then would I get a title? tounge_o.gif

Ok, ok, dont ban me I have a real question.

Does a member loses it's chance to be a mod if that person has a flaming history, banned before or has one or more warning levels? rock.gifsmile_o.gif

we look at many different aspects of the member and decide. there are many variables. i prefer that we do not talk about how to systemize a mod seletion procedure.

How is this advice mods:

Quote[/b] ]Do not speak ill, speak only good. Do not say evil things, speak well of people. He who speaks ill and says evil---people will waylay him because of his debt to Suma. Do not talk too freely, watch what you say. Do not express your innermost thoughts even when you are alone. What you say in haste you may regret later. Exert yourself to restrain your speech.
wink_o.gif

Well, I once got some good advice after I sent a rather nasty email to a business supplier, which ended up causing some inter-company problems - and I think it would apply almost equally as well here:

Never send an email to someone when you're pissed off with them. Wait a day, and then send your email. You will find that what you email them will be a lot more rational and less offensive if you don't write it while you're pissed off.

wink_o.gif

(P.S. Working in the Mobile-phone {Cellphone} industry can turn a meek mild rational man into a bloodthirsty maniac wink_o.gif )

Well, I once got some good advice after I sent a rather nasty email to a business supplier, which ended up causing some inter-company problems - and I think it would apply almost equally as well here:

Never send an email to someone when you're pissed off with them. Wait a day, and then send your email. You will find that what you email them will be a lot more rational and less offensive if you don't write it while you're pissed off.

wink_o.gif

(P.S. Working in the Mobile-phone {Cellphone} industry can turn a meek mild rational man into a bloodthirsty maniac  wink_o.gif )

And now you are talking to much: Sir Major Fubar you got two choises

1: Reduce your own post count ( tounge_o.gif )

2: Or be quied

No j/k tounge_o.gif

But if you got a clean record so no PR's/ban's warnings do you have more posibility to become mod?

(<span id='ME'><center>waffendennis : Look's at his own profile and see no warnings or some thing</center></span>) wink_o.gif

Well that is it for now.

We usually recruit good behaving normal people as mods.

Only Mr Panda here and Hellfish are the exception.

Hey, a rule has always an exception, right? tounge_o.gif

Seriously, we don't discuss in public the criterias for becoming a mod. We would'nt want half the community get brown noses would we? wink_o.gif

ok this is going OT.

deleted some posts. this thread is about asking mods about uncertain parts of the forum administartion.

Whats this? My posts get deleted when I Reported spaming and thos fricken Spaming posts stay here What is this for mess mad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]2§7)No public discussion on how the forum is moderated

If you have questions/complaints/comments that you wish to make about the board or moderators or anything like that please PM them to a moderator, we will do our utmost to reply to any that we receive, please remember we have lives outside of the forum so can't promise to reply immediately. If you have an issue that you feel cannot be solved by another moderator then please PM me and as head moderator I will be happy to look into the matter.

Waffendennis, if you have a problem with how this board is moderated, communicate via PMs. You will not be warned again. mad_o.gif

Since i dont know bout it so i'll ask here what happens after a person gets his red squares full? rock.gif

Is he :

1. Banned permanently

OR

2. Just PR'ed temporarily

I seriouly dont know so dont take it as a joke and i havent read the wholetopic sorry wink_o.gif

Once you have 5 boxes, you cannot post anymore. Whether it is permanent or temporary is up to the mods, based on the severity of what you did to earn those boxes. The mods might also, at their discression, eventually remove boxes for good behaviour.  wink_o.gif