Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Woodland hummers

one question why not mk19 version of the HMMWV.

would be nice to have TOW version and maybe even an Avenger version. and even medic version.

HMMWV info

you could even give them their military number ie M998 Cargo/Troop

It is not possible for wheeled vehicles in OFP to fire guided missiles due to engine limitations. I like the idea of a medic one though.

there is a way around the guide missile thing it was posted in the opec forums

but i still want an MK19 on a HMMWV..

swis mod did it for there LAV pirana TOW.

and there is a way around the guide missile thing it was posted in the opec forums

but i still want an MK19 on a HMMWV..

Yes, you could classify the hummer as a tank, but then it will act like a tank. I don't think anyone would have a problem with that but I don't think flaber has time to add more units to the pack.

yeah i just tested that. it acts to much like a tank..

it turns like one and everything.

but still an MK19 would be really nice.

it only takes a quick modeling and some quick enty in the config.cpp

you just replace the m2 with an mk19.

if not oh well..

one question why not mk19 version of the HMMWV.

would be nice to have TOW version and maybe even an Avenger version. and even medic version.

HMMWV info

you could even give them their military number ie M998 Cargo/Troop

Well there is a MK19, M240 and TOW version (APC classed unit option or Quakegamer style optional), a command unit 2 Ambulance and serveral other versions of these I built off the original humvve but I cannot texture stuff. Most of the folks that offered to do any skining work run off with the addons and you never hear from them again. (REALLY F@#$%^#@ Irrtating) I've not fully defined how many of who what when and where to do but it _will have_ to be a seperate pack. A few facts to point out.

1) The main focus was just fixing the original pack so it would be usable I got really tired of ctds when I blew them up.

2) I specialize in East-side addons which many are further delayed due to number one.

3) You guys must thank BAS again for being cool and giving us help on these and much needed code to overcome wheeled class vehicles limitations, GalcomT, Quakegamer for the intinal ground laying and most of the crew at OPGW.

4) There are a half dozen better vehicle packs in the works with better datailed models and a few features. OPGW, BAS, just to name a few. Seeing these are just reworked BIS humvees, just the amount of work and time Fabar has had to throw into these can see why the other packs are taking so long. You guys can at least get these now and not have to wait on a mod. I have tested them against just about every other unit addon in OFP and fairly even out.

5) This was learn as you go type of work, learned a fair number of things with this. Kinda nice even if still feel not knowing squat for OFP. At this point since starting on the this projects been hammered by a large number of people proclaiming they are doing a humvee pack of their own and getting copies of the fixed pack. So kinda unable to decide if should even bother finishing up the other units once were happy with these. Just in the problem of the community being mired in 20 + different humvee packs. Leaving all the other stuff was working on to rot and never get done. All the hard work on em is done. they seem to work rather well and nolonger crash the PC, not resource pigs. I would say this is fairly close to final release at last now focusing on the ACPs in the pack to get them up to snuff. Dropped ideas updating the models cause again been spammed with threats of 20 + better humvee packs.

Mostlikely I'll teach myself to skin that way I'll not beable to be taken advantage of the way a few have so far recently and can do things more on my own or with Fabar's help. And continue doing deveoplment on the vehicle pack behind closed doors I work better that way. Just I'm starting to fail obligations to RHS as well as the comic book and artistic circles. Thus delay other addons that are not being replicated in 20 + different versions. Anyway blown time typing this babbling missive that I could have better used fixing bugs in the humvee pack or other units. So time to shut up and go.

Catt Out

Who cares about the TOW not being wire guided?

Its better than no TOW imho.

-ZiRo

I agree that an MK19 and TOW version would be great. The MK19 shouldn't be hard to do at all. Just config the grenades as low velocity explosive bullets. The only downside I can imagine is that you wouldn't get the arced trajectory you get in real life, so the nades would have a lot more range than in reality, but I could live with that.

The TOW is also achievable in much the same way - a low speed, extremely powerful bullet. There would be no manual guidance after it had been fired and you wouldn't see the actual missile itself (only a tracer), but again, I could live with this until an ingenious addonmaker comes up with something better.

smile_o.gif

Hummers never seem to move when shooting the tow, so some sort of script to lock the hummer in place and change its class to a tank so it can shoot the TOW Missile would be good i think, dunno im sure it can be figured out.

eh 20+ HMMWV packs that will not see the light of day for another year or so..

and even if they release them that is fine since liek the real military they will all ahve different camo.

there is no mirror, we delete the addon from internet due to some little bugs (IA didn't fire the vehicles with small weapons, now do it but need to be tested a little.)

I'm working with BobCatt, but we have a 9 hours diference between our countries, you don't have to wait long time, so after testing the pack we will post the link

about the TOW version,

Seems to be one from quakergamer in ofp.gamezone.cz

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=2966

Don't know if we will include one versión in the pack. Too many things to do, and time is always running sad_o.gif

Flaber

Well a humver pack B is still under consideration, right now the main focus is get pack A operational and mostly bug free. Maybe after sometime to cool off start the proccess for completing the B pack. I got most of the needed permissions now on the things needed to achive the b pack. Actually got all of them, just leary cause had some folks offer texturing and just ran off with the models which pretty much irrtated me enough to tank the subproject.

yeh thats pretty childish... hope everything works out ok... there are mature people anticipating your work.

Well, this post is about firing missiles from cars ...

Actually you don't have to made them APC or Tanks to fire

missiles, if you can content yourself with scripted ones.

Sample10.jpg

(humvee model courtesy of quakergamer)

As you can see the hummer is still a car (look at the wheels in the

upper picture) and can fire on the move.

Don't bother too much about the missile, which is actually a

javelin and has not textures, because it will be changed with

a proper tow model.

Like I've mentioned there is a scripted wheeled unit and the ACP class humvve so folks had an option to use either one. I have updated models for the TOW and missile as well.

Just the APC class allows you to use a guied missile so you can attack from a hidden position. Like a hull down postion using a hill for cover like a real humvee, just the AI don't care about getting shot or exposing themselves to enemy hostile fire. That and the tow missile humvee having the propor combat load out. Was considering a swithcable M60/240 to fend off infantry units. Like some other HUMVEE I've seen in real life.

Yes it works for the Advenger, but less than desierable results seeing the missiles become direct fire rather than trackers. A lot of folks turn their nose up at the wheeled units in the apc class just cause mstly they pitot turn like tracked vehicles. I've messed it the setting to minimise it to some degree. Not to mention a player can drive them and look normal as a wheeled unit easilly. Its major known limitation in the OFP engine. Mostly stuck on slowly down the bullet/missile launching.

new link for the humvees:

Humvees Pack v0.76

now russians use small weapons against the humvees.

Flaber.

(D)HMMWV(Cargo open)

(D)HMMWV(M2)

russians dont shoot.

(W)HMMWV(M60)

(D)HMMWV(M60)

When soldiers are shot with these arms, there is no hitsounds.

Funny using the M2 all night for 8 hours in a missions and they engaged it with MGs AKs frags and RPGs. On Tonal retaking the airport. I'll recheck it, usually got shot dead early on maning the M2.

sorry found it and fixed it.. It will be in the next update..

:-) cant win can we?

guess it not be so hard if the pack was made by use from the ground up then we know, touching this part causes mass flux capasiter to explode. Hell I've rebuilt a real humveee in less time than its been to repair this pack.

HUMVEE A pack status report:

Most of the last reported issues have been dealt with, and the APCs were also given somemuch needed attention.

Replaced some of the sounds like for the M2HBA2, got the replacement 50 being worked on now for newer models of units. Being made by a modeler and have the new tow missile model as well so the B pack goes forth.

I'll keep watching the forum to see if any other bug reports made from the last revision.

bobcatt out

This may sound like a stupid question but does the steering wheel now turn?

sorry if this has already been answered

This may sound like a stupid question but does the steering wheel now turn?

sorry if this has already been answered

wasn't answered before,

not fixed, i'm studing who fixing.

Just to inform you guys that these textures will be in the upcoming hmmwv pack by yours truly i hope you guys like them as much as i liked making them:;): tounge_o.gif

Sincerely,

BlackDeath

NEWWOOD1.JPG