Sign in to follow this  
Warin

The Iraq Thread 2

All the WMD questions could be answered 1st hand. But it looks like noone is really interested to capture major heads alive. I wonder why.

I don't know if you were being sarcastic, but I think you answered your own question in the first sentence.

Quote[/b] ]All the WMD questions could be answered 1st hand.

Quote[/b] ]but I think you answered your own question in the first sentence.

Hm why ?

I for one am waiting to see Saddam hand himslf over to the UN or get arrested and make his way to the HAGUE then we'll see from where he got those WMD's and who gave them thn that who will have to face the charges as well.

*sees Mr.'Rumsfeld' cowering infront of a judge in HAGUE* biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]from where he got those WMD's and who gave them

Have I missed something here??

Well i checked the biggest newsagency sites and found nothing about any WMDs found from Iraq.So You must have some different sources of gathering information than me.

Dont tell me you poor man , havent you visited CIA's site?

All you have to do is watch FOX and CNN and all will be fine unclesam.gif

I for one am waiting to see Saddam hand himslf over to the UN or get arrested and make his way to the HAGUE

If I were him, I'd go to Sweden and rob a candy store.

(Some of you will understand). biggrin_o.gif

102 U.S. soldiers in Iraq have become infected with a mysterious flu-like virus according to ABC news. 2 fatalities so far. The military is taking air, water and soil samples from the area where they were infected. Sounds bad to me.

102 U.S. soldiers in Iraq have become infected with a mysterious flu-like virus according to ABC news.  2 fatalities so far.  The military is taking air, water and soil samples from the area where they were infected.  Sounds bad to me.

WMDs! wow_o.gif

See an outbreak of flu and we have the widespread panic here as if the bubonic plague has made a comeback tounge_o.gif

Turms you happy now? biggrin_o.gif

102 U.S. soldiers in Iraq have become infected with a mysterious flu-like virus according to ABC news.  2 fatalities so far.  The military is taking air, water and soil samples from the area where they were infected.  Sounds bad to me.

WMDs! wow_o.gif

overuse of unsafe Atropine stocks ?

I for one am waiting to see Saddam hand himslf over to the UN or get arrested and make his way to the HAGUE

But most of us wont! ghostface.gif

Short and precise

Quote[/b] ]BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Iraq will need $5 billion from a planned meeting of international donors in October just to keep its creaking infrastructure going and basic services from grinding to a halt, a senior U.N. official said on Tuesday.

Ramiro Lopez da Silva, the U.N. humanitarian coordinator for Iraq, told a small group of journalists that Iraqi Finance Ministry officials estimate the cost of keeping the country's institutions and services running at $20 billion for 2004. That includes recurring costs covered in the annual budget.

On the revenue side, da Silva said, Iraq could expect little income beyond what its ramshackle oil industry can earn, although debt forgiveness and the repatriation of seized and frozen funds may also help ease the burden.

Given Iraq's problems in cranking up oil exports, most estimates forecast total income of $15 billion or less in 2004 -- - leaving a gap of at least $5 billion that donors must fill.

"That is just to keep things going," da Silva said. "If you want a qualitative leap, a quantum leap in living standards and conditions, you would need much more."

But donors may be reluctant to commit funds given the lack of security in Iraq and concerns about bankrolling a military operation. Even if money is pledged it may not materialize -- much of the cash promised to Afghanistan has yet to arrive.

"How realistic it is to expect an inflow of $5 billion is something we will have to see in October," da Silva said.

Before the war many U.S. officials said Iraq would quickly be able to pay for its own reconstruction, largely through oil revenues. Some U.N. officials say Washington was taken by surprise by the extent of disruption to the country caused by the war, and by the high cost of reconstruction.

Taken by surprise? Good management is never taken by surprise => bad management!

Quote[/b] ]like finding back an atom bomb which fell from a Mirage in the Sahara ....

I remember a Tom Clancy novel with the same plot but the jet was from Israel and the guys who found the bomb were terrorists. I wonder where this guy gets his ideas from  biggrin_o.gif

*cough*The Sum of all fears*cough*cough*

But most of us wont!  ghostface.gif

Lookee here. smile_o.gif

WMDs! wow_o.gif

actually, they ruled WMD out in most part. AFAIK.

I would suggest to call this flu 'Saddams Revenge'. ghostface.gif

As we germans call it 'Motezumas Revenge' when we visit Mexico or South America and get a kind of diarrhoea due to bacteria in the water...

500 years ago, many Indians died because of the cold, previously unknown kind of viruses on the american continent.

Dont tell me you poor man , havent you visited CIA's site?

All you have to do is watch FOX and CNN and all will be fine  unclesam.gif

Hehe, do you mean watching an american propaganda channel ? ;)

BTW NBC plans to make a movie out of the story of this young woman soldier captured by iraqis. The fact that this whole story is highly uninteresting seems not to afflict them rock.gif

See yahoo news for more:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm....ynch_dc

Don't tell me this is not propaganda TV tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]He said the planes were not considered weapons of mass destruction for which coalition troops have been searching for months,

Well...duh.

Kinda makes you wonder why Saddam didn't use them. Sure, the US Air force could probobly vapourize some of them. But the fact that they didn't use what is considered one of the most important aspects of warfare is what surprises me. Airpower is a key feature in war.

They wouldn't of stood a chance up against coalition air forces. Saddam wanted to save them for after the war. He was apparently under the impression that he would of won.

I think the folks who are most upset about Iraq burying its planes are the Coalition fighter jocks.

I almost cried when I saw footage of B-52s being destroyed at the "boneyard". Planes getting hurt just tugs at my heart.

sad_o.gif *sniff*

I almost cried when I saw footage of B-52s being destroyed at the "boneyard".  Planes getting hurt just tugs at my heart.

sad_o.gif *sniff*

man, you need to get some life tounge_o.gif

anyways....

http://www.cnn.com/2003....ex.html

Quote[/b] ]Canadian actress Laura Regan, who starred in last year's horror flick "They," has been tapped to play U.S. Army Pvt. Jessica Lynch in the NBC TV movie "Saving Jessica Lynch."

wow...even the title of movie is nice.... rock.gif