Sign in to follow this  
Warin

The Iraq Thread 2

Looks like he's from 'Cast Away' or something... tounge_o.gif

Well I must admire his tenacity of living in such a hole in the ground, must be a hard as he's in his late 60s.

Anyway this is great news biggrin_o.gif

Wow, the cheering in the news conference when they showed Saddams face was really intense.

I'm gonna go get a few beers, and celebrate. biggrin_o.gif

Somebody sure as hell as weird sense of humor, operation was called "Red dawn" and the units were "wolverine 1" and "wolverine 2". biggrin_o.gif

I hope Saddams capture brings some results in that WMD issue. If someone knows where they are or if they exist, it must be Saddam! smile_o.gif

Well done US forces! unclesam.gif

I hope Osama will be found soon, too. wink_o.gif

capt.lon80312141246.mideast_iraq_saddam_lon803.jpg

Video image of captured former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein

displayed at a news conference in Baghdad Sunday Dec. 14,

2003 in this image from television . Top U.S. administrator in

Iraq L. Paul Bremer confirmed the capture of former Iraqi

president Saddam Hussein in a house near his hometown of

Tikrit, eight months after the fall of Baghdad. (AP

Photo/APTN)

We did it we got the dirty basterd. Justice will be served I have a feeling we arent going to kill him we're gonna let him rot in a prison somewhere, or better yet in an asyleum.

If justice is left to the provisional Iraqi government(not sure if it will be or not) they very well may vote to hang him. i would personally love to see him put in the ADMAX at Florence Colorado with other people of his distinction like Manuel Noreiga, The Unabomber, and Terry Nichols.

How do we know it's not a double? wow_o.gif

Anyway, good work. At least one of the promises of the war has been fullfilled.

It will be interesting to see what this does to the Iraqi resistance.

How do we know it's not a double?  wow_o.gif

DNA confirmed.

They caught him just in time. Had he had a few more minutes to put on a Santa suit and go out side with a Salvation Army kettle, they never would have found him.

DNA confirmed.

Not a chance. DNA tests take 48-72 hours in a lab.

Anyway, it doesn't look as he lived a very luxury life after he was overthrown. Living in a hole in the ground? rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]A large contingent of US forces conducted extensive searches of the area and found a small rural farmhouse..

A "spider hole" was detected within the house with an entrance camouflaged with bricks and dirt.

When uncovered, US troops found the former Iraqi president in a hole barely six to eight feet (1.8m to 2.5m) deep.

DNA confirmed.

Well, they must have a rapid DNA test.

BTW, from what I read, this already occurred yesterday and they withheld the news pending confirmation.

DNA confirmed.

Well, they must have a rapid DNA test.

BTW, from what I read, this already occurred yesterday and they withheld the news pending confirmation.

IIRC just the polymerisation of DNA takes two days. And what is the source btw for that information? This?:

Quote[/b] ]Iraqi Governing Council head Abdel-Aziz al-Hakim was quoted as saying that a DNA test had proved the man in custody was Saddam Hussein.

Not that I have reason to question mr al-Hakims credibility, but I think he is shooting his mouth off. Had they made a DNA ID, Sanchez woule have mentioned it oh, about 50 times, followed by Bremer saying it again 50 times. It's a big and important issue when you know the man had a number of body doubles.

Seems like we need to schedule a flight to The Hague in some days ;-)

not for the victims of these people  sad_o.gif

I dunno, but I have a feeling the attacks won't end anytime soon.

17 dead in Iraq

Just note that this occurred before the announcement of Saddam's capture.

But indeed, wait and see.

I dunno, but I have a feeling the attacks won't end anytime soon.

We'll see. It all depends on the mindset of the resistance. This could break their morale but it might as well reinforce it. Or it won't make a difference, like with Uday and Qusay.

Regardless, I think it will at least for a while make a good portion of the Iraqi people happy and serve as a morale booster for the US troops in the country as this is one of the few "jobs well done".

sad_o.gif

Your IP address is now being traced. blues.gif  unclesam.gif  blues.gif

wrong smilie tounge_o.gif ...really.....anyway some things just don`t seem to add up.. it`s still blury for me so I have my reservations..I`ll give it a week before I start beliving anything...Saddam withdrew 1 billion dollars from the Iraq bank before Americans start bombing..You would think that with this kind of money a man could easily find asylum in another country..

Yet he was found in a rat hole leaving in inhuman conditions