Sign in to follow this  
killagee

Dkm mi-28

Great textures there, maybe a bit too much shining though. Also are the id numbers really in bright yellow? They look quite wierd rock.gif. Frostbites crashing idea is great, would be nice too see it included.

well, frostbites idea is not a first... we allready have such a script running.... not exactly as described, but roughly what you guys want.

Guest DKM-jaguar

hmmm that cammo pattern loooks nice...

maybe carnage can make it into a V1.1 pack biggrin_o.gif

i know that i am in DKM, but i can still desire the addons too! smile_o.gif

example.jpg

that neutralises the shinyness and lettering remarks i think.. smile_o.gif

That a photo from the Paris Salon air show in june 1989. That's where the Havoc was first shown to the west. It is indeed a nice camo pattern. I (and I'm sorry to say this) like this one better than your pattern.

Quote[/b] ]maybe carnage can make it into a V1.1 pack
Good idea!
Quote[/b] ]well, frostbites idea is not a first... we allready have such a script running.... not exactly as described, but roughly what you guys want.

WOHOO! smile_o.gif  Thanks Guy's! Can you give a few details (for example; will the pilots surfive impact, since they can't eject?)

(and my idea was not the first? Correct! I've also posted it in the RHS forum some time ago.)

Quote[/b] ]And also add retractable gears to the choppers that have gears

Only the Mi24 and v80 have retractable gear (of all the BIS choppers). And who needs those when you have the DKM Havoc! And adding retractable gear cannot be done with a script.

Having six Mi28's in a mission to transport one squad would get messy, so having the Mi24 be more realistic wouldn't hurt tounge_o.gif So basically we need the Mi24 to ferry troops, and the Mi28 to shoot some tanks up smile_o.gif

hmm. Yeah haven't thought about that! You're right. Somebody should do a more realistic mi-24 also! (or the mi-8)

We allready have a great mi2 to transport light squads!

So basically we need the Mi24 to ferry troops, and the Mi28 to shoot some tanks up smile_o.gif

Why would you use monster Mi-24s to ferry troops if you already have Mi-28s to provide cover and shoot tanks up? Use Mi-8s, they´re better suited for transporting troops and more men fit in them.

Guest DKM-jaguar

this has been asked before and the answer was becuase of time, it probably is not possible. This would be a complete new model, and DKM would also have to make new textures so we could say it was truly our addon [ critics would have a field day if they saw us producing not 100% dkm made addons.]

hey, no problem!

As I said; we allready have a great Mi-2. I've seen some screenshots on flashpoint.ru some time ago of a new version (with side mounted MG's and cammo patterns for resistance). Haven't heard about it for some time now, though.

The Mi-28 cargo seats are not meant for transporting troops, but as rescue seats for downed pilots. It's just like the apache, where pilots can be hooked onto the weapon-hardpoint on the wings (don't try this at home!)

The Mi-2 can take care of transport while the Havoc's create havoc ( biggrin_o.gif ) among the enemy troops!

This thing looks pretty much done???...whats left to do on it?...one thing though...since its an air show ....its sittin pretty...would combat helo's be decked out that way??...surely they have a more stealthy paint scheme?...but i really don't know...maybe dirty it up a weee bit ?...not too much though

This thing looks pretty much done???...whats left to do on it?...one thing though...since its an air show ....its sittin pretty...would combat helo's be decked out that way??...surely they have a more stealthy paint scheme?...but i really don't know...maybe dirty it up a weee bit ?...not too much though

edit...ooooooo...just read that you were redoing the tunguska!!...coolness

Guest DKM-jaguar

I am doing the DKM campaign also..which is like a huge demonstration of how these units are used in real life. I am building as many DKM units as possible for the player to use, and it will be very realistic.

so the campaign will use all the DKM addons that are to be released and are released?

Quote[/b] ]dont forget the MI-17, can hold troops and brings a shitload of rockets as well

but it looks like flying chicken-shit crazy_o.gif . I'd rather use the mi-2.

Quote[/b] ]This thing looks pretty much done???...whats left to do on it?...one thing though...since its an air show ....its sittin pretty...would combat helo's be decked out that way??...surely they have a more stealthy paint scheme?...but i really don't know...maybe dirty it up a weee bit ?...not too much though

No. the russians sure use those large yellow numbers. The painting may not be THAT shiny in the field, though.

Guest DKM-jaguar

yeah smile_o.gif to make it more fun for the player, we are releasing the addons as and when they are ready, the campaign will be made using them, but not released with them...

i mean: the addons will be released as stand alone units, with the campaign being released seperatly. THERE!

so cool, i suggested the same thing to BAS but Evis said they where not doing that sad_o.gif, but im looking forward to it, also will there be a re release of the commanche?

Have you found the bug in the Comanche that caused "Missing addon: dkm-mod" messages, so that this won't occur with the MI28 as well? rock.gif

Guest DKM-jaguar

hmmm, I heard a lot about this problem, but never actually experienced it. I think the addon team is aware of this fault from the RAH66, and I do not think it will be making a re-apearance in the MI28. That said, I don't think that the RAH66 will have a re-release.  

Hmm... I hope someone who knows what they are talking about will be posting here soon..  crazy_o.gif

That file "DKMMOD" was included, which I think caused it.

correct me if I am wrong, but wasnt that taken out in the RAH66 1.1? BTW other than this fault, there is no problems with the RAH66 other than engine limitations for which there is NO solution. Beleive me, if there was a way to fix that radar problem of your helicopter showing, Rastavovich would find it.

so cool, i suggested the same thing to BAS but Evis said they where not doing that sad_o.gif, but im looking forward to it, also will there be a re release of the commanche?

Eh?

we found the 'nug' of the missing addon notice mrs. avon, and it will not appear in the havoc.

re-releasing the comanche over this very small inconvenience is another matter... will people be willing to redownload the whole thing over it... i think not, unless we give it another upgrade.

Such an upgrade is not planned at this time, but who knows what we may discover/think up/invent with the havoc that the comanche can use also... smile_o.gif

we found the 'nug' of the missing addon notice mrs. avon, and it will not appear in the havoc.

re-releasing the comanche over this very small inconvenience is another matter... will people be willing to redownload the whole thing over it... i think not, unless we give it another upgrade.

Such an upgrade is not planned at this time, but who knows what we may discover/think up/invent with the havoc that the comanche can use also... smile_o.gif

How bout sneak it in the patch thingy for the commanche with the Mi-28? Just name it something else and no one will know.... crazy_o.gif

The bug does need fixing. And you could perhaps, maybe, possibly release a new version of the Commanche with ( *gasp! ) Green Army Cammo!!! wow_o.gif

I know, discussed before a dozen times, but it would lead to more people downloading the wonderful addon ( and I suspect more mission makers using it in their missions, which I'd love to see ).

smile_o.gif

will people be willing to redownload the whole thing over it... i think not, unless we give it another upgrade.

Why not let those that want to download it do so and those that don't not do so?

If it's such a small fix, you could have this available pretty fast, couldn't you? Leave it to OFPEC, AtWar and yours truly to mirror it as always.

For many of us, it's a big pain in the neck, both to mission players and especially to mission makers, like Poet, above.

That's the only immediate change that's needed. Anything else in the Comanche you're in the middle of working on can wait till you're ready to release it. smile_o.gif