Sign in to follow this  
Goodspeed

Gaz-24

Hi friend, look on FLASHPOINT*RU Forum. Last update is from August 25, 2003. MOHAX works hard :-)

gaz24_1.jpg

gaz24_2.jpg

fighter

ofp.info

blues.gif

Sweet! biggrin_o.gif

Now the taxi looks even better and more realistic with that sign on top! smile_o.gif

I still hope to see a GAI version. wink_o.gif

yes some reskinned Soviet/Russian police units would be great. the police which came with the MI2 lacks some details.

hehe deja vú. that nogova squad car looks sweet. biggrin_o.gif

any roughly estimated release date, yet?

9-1-pic1.jpg

9-1-pic2.jpg

Definiteley a server addon pack item.. hope he fixes the "not-synced-very-well" siren sound though sad_o.gif

Does the siren and flashing light work in MP? If so then 'The Serial Killer' 's gonna get even more fun smile_o.gif

Looks great icon14.gifsmile_o.gif

Good work MOHAX. The addon is superb! The quality of the addon for sure makes up for the long waiting time!  wink_o.gif

I have found some small glitches though, which I would love if you could fix/adjust them, as IMHO they would add a lot to the addon.

First: There seem to be two engine sounds in use. The white GAZ uses a different sound than the rest of the GAZs.

Second: The car unfortunately has a way too good off-road capability. As I said in a previous post, I would like to see the cross-country speed to be based more closely on the Skoda or Mini, as this is mainly a street car. For a mission I am making, and in which I want to include the GAZ, it is very important that the players are bound to the street. Thus I didn't include bikes, trucks, or any other car that is good cross-country. I would really like if you could tone down the speed when driving off-road to the level of the above named cars. The speed when driving on a street is absolutely fine, but maybe also slow down the speed on those small field paths a bit. Again I would suggest to orientate on the other cars available, mainly on the Mini Cooper tough. I think that with those values the cars performance would be greatly enhanced in terms of believability and realism.

Third: The Nogova squad car looks really great. Thank you very much for including it. However would it be too much to ask, if you could do some small things about the green'ish bars on the side? Namely, I would adjust the color a little bit, so it does fit better with the police jeep. Less neon, more true green color, and maybe some shading on the green bar, like when close to an edge or a door. Just like with the police jeep. Maybe you could also bend the green bar so it would move on the engine hood, just like with the police jeep. And furthermore continue the stripe on the rear of the car, between the lights, so that it would be a within itself closed stripe. With those small adjustments the optic of the Nogova police version would be perfect.  smile_o.gif

Fourth: The siren feature is a great thing, especially because you can turn it on and off, however the looped siren sound doesn't sound very very well. It's kinda american'ish. Maybe use a somewhat slower european siren sound from the 70's or 80's which still sounds good even with the small delay due to the loop. I see if I can find a proper sound for you.

Fifth: Please include a command with which you can disable the siren completely. That way, mission makers can decide wether they want to include their own scripts for that or use the one you provide.

Keep up the good work!  smile_o.gif

Quality add on  wow_o.gif

Well whos going to make a 'Taxi Driver' Mission.......lol

"Yeah. Huh? Huh? Huh? (I'm) faster than you, you f--kin' son of a...I saw you comin', you f--k, s--t-heel. I'm standin' here. You make the move. You make the move. It's your move. (He draws his gun from his concealed forearm holster.) Don't try it, you f--ker. You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? (He turns around to look behind him.) Well, who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well, I'm the only one here. Who the f--k do you think you're talkin' to? Oh yeah? Huh? OK. (He whips out his gun again.) Huh?"  tounge_o.gif

"Yeah. Huh? Huh? Huh? (I'm) faster than you, you f--kin' son of a...I saw you comin', you f--k, s--t-heel. I'm standin' here. You make the move. You make the move. It's your move. (He draws his gun from his concealed forearm holster.) Don't try it, you f--ker. You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? (He turns around to look behind him.) Well, who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well, I'm the only one here. Who the f--k do you think you're talkin' to? Oh yeah? Huh? OK. (He whips out his gun again.) Huh?"  tounge_o.gif

LOL biggrin_o.gif

You've seen that film too many times (great though it may be). wink_o.gif

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice, any mirrors? cos the english OFPRU must be down this very second ghostface.gif

I'll try again later.

LOL biggrin_o.gif

You've seen that film too many times (great though it may be). wink_o.gif

i prefur a OFP version of Crazy Taix smile_o.gif

edit: Nevermind, took 12 minutes for it to work, but it does now.

Maybe someone should set up a mirror.

Same here...error message and no siren.

But its really a great addon pack with this lil thing fixed awesome smile_o.gif

I get "missing addons:gaz24w" when I play the demo mission.

Yet I am not missing the gaz24 white version.

@ Sep. 01 2003,22:56)]BTW: whats that white car with the police light on it... with blue stripes, not the Nogova police car... But the other one... THX!  biggrin_o.gif

IIRC, it was a soviet militia police car.

@ Sep. 01 2003,21:54)]hmmmm, the siren doesn't work for me... everytime I turn sgs on it comes up with an error ingame.... sound SGS_mx_zvuk not found. I downloaded it from www.ofp.info and i'm running 1.92 with OFP. Plz help

sorry guys

I did this addon in game of version 1.90.

It was checked (test) in game of version 1.90 and 1.91.

I did not instal version 1.92(beta), therefore I can not tell, why the siren does not work in 1.92.