Sign in to follow this  
Commander-598

Your view distance

Select the answer nearest to yours.

I set mine to 2000 and it works pretty good.

I'm guessing the majority is about 1500.

Mine is set to 1500 and it looks and plays fine. Once I get my Athlon XP 2600, to repace my Athlon XP 1700... then... THATS when it will be a monstrous number!

I have mine at 4000 in SP. I got an ATI Radseon 9800 128mb with an Athlon XP 2ghz and 768 MB DDRAM

usually im on 1000  smile_o.gif

Btw NAA, what specs do you have?

In order to set your viewdistance that high, you must have terrain detail to normal or low (i think)

usually im on 1000  smile_o.gif

Btw NAA, what specs do you have?

In order to set your viewdistance that high, you must have terrain detail to normal or low (i think)

with this computer i wouldn't even consider having my terrain detail above "normal"  cool_shades.gif

if everybody who uses this forum would spent 1 € for me. i could set my view distance higher than 500 biggrin_o.gif

yeah the terrain is on normal runs smoothly if you ask me but if i ever put it on high or above it would be a slideshow. but sometimes 5000 is overkill on certain missions i like to use it for aircraft missions usually.

Usually 1000 with terrain detail on normal i think, it also depends on the island, Nogova is a bit more demanding but considering it is also alot more ugly i try to avoid it.

I change mine a lot.  Like if I'm on Nogova, I'll set it lower, but if I'm on one of the CWC islands I'll usually set it pretty high(maybe 3500 to 4000ish).  But even that varies(like in missions with fewer units I'll set it higher, but in missions w/ more units I'll set it lower). If I'm on desert islands, its pretty much always on 5000.

Between 900 and 1500. 1500 if I want to get a good view of things in a game, 900 if I want better effects. I like the whole haze on the ridgeline.

I like my view distance to be between 2300 and 2600 with terrain detail on normal. I really don't like having a wall of grey appear out of nowhere a kilometre ahead of me.

5000 but only because I've got terrain detail on the lowest option.

2500 normally, but I up that when flying to over 3000, and under 1500 for intense close-up battles. smile_o.gif

Mine works fine on about 2000-2500 but sometimes i drop to 1500 (when i have been on the computer for a long time etc) But when i get windows2000 i am installing another bar of 512MB DDRAM so that might allow me to boost it up a bit.

I have no clue what mine is set to. How can I figure out what it is?

P.S: Yay 500th post. smile_o.gif

I have no clue what mine is set to. How can I figure out what it is?

P.S: Yay 500th post.  smile_o.gif

If you've never changed it, default is 900 I believe

Is it the selection "Visability" on the video options? Because if it is, then mine is set to 1200. wink_o.gif

i used to have mine set on 2000-3000, but it only worked good in some small missions with few units. After playing MP for the first time and the viewdistance was set to around 1000 I realized that it worked fine and you can see pretty far too.

So now I have viewdistance 1000 while the terrain detail is set to very low (I don't notice that much difference in the detail anyway.

2500. Good enough for choppers, but if I'm flying anything faster, I want 4000 min.

-=Die Alive=-

Gameplay is made for 1000-1500 view distance, though it looks greater (especially in flying vehicles) with distance above 2000, some enemies might target you too easily with super AI enabled.

Mines set to 900.

My computer is kinda older now so my view distance has to suffer a bit to keep it from lagging with any more than 2 units on screen.