Sign in to follow this  
Commander-598

Your view distance

My computer can handle more, but i m just too lazy to move the slider tounge_o.gif

Nah, i find 1200 good and terrain is on High.

Although i doubt it matters in MP ( which i only play, i almost never do SP )

Cheers

I play like 99% MP, so its map dependent.

A recent God-Send was this Script.

http://daddldiddl.de/pafiledb31/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=12

Quote[/b] ]Everwondered how OFP might look with more than the default 900m viewdistance in MultiPlayer? In single-player you can adjust the viewdistance in your options menu, in multi-player this is not possible, as different viewdistances would put those players with better computers at an advantage. On the other hand using one fixed viewdistance for your mission may make it unplayable for those players with slow machines. This script negotiates a common viewdistance that is the same on all clients and the server, and that is still playable for the weakest machine connected. Many options can be set in the script header.

2000 with terrain set to high. Lot's of rolls so an open field now has cover.

I set visibility 1200!

Terrain detail normal!

VideoCard setting at max!

System: P3.1000Mhz, 512.SDRam, Radeon9500Pro 128DDR

wink_o.gif

With a Alienware 3.06 GHZ and 1024 DDR Corsair ram, you cant go wrong.

I Dont know if its 5,000 but its is high as it can go and no lag is present. I have almost all island addons and 240 addons in my game. If i add 1 more addon it will give me the "Cannot Load o.pbo file" so I wil have to delete sum b4 adding new ones. 2000 is enough tho.

I wonder these days, what with everyone now having far better computers than before, are people increasing their view distance?

In some missions, especially tank ones, it can completely change the ballgame.

Yesterday I was replaying "Feild Exercise" from Resistance, and instead of scraping through with the normal "wading in with tanks and kill all in sight", I put my four tanks on a saddlepoint in view of Modrava , went to an elevated position overlooking the city, told 'em to Reload HEAT, and acted as spotter while they let rip. Not even a hit on my tanks, and they just rolled in. When I first played, I could never have done that, as Modrava would have been obscured by "fog".

It's great seeing rolling hills and roads stretching off into the distance, even on foot. Maybe because I live close to similar real-life landscapes (Ireland) but I definitely appreciate the effects of terrain on the success/failure of a mission.

I wonder these days, what with everyone now having far better computers than before, are people increasing their view distance?

In some missions, especially tank ones, it can completely change the ballgame.

Yesterday I was replaying "Feild Exercise" from Resistance, and instead of scraping through with the normal "wading in with tanks and kill all in sight", I put my four tanks on a saddlepoint in view of Modrava , went to an elevated position overlooking the city, told 'em to Reload HEAT, and acted as spotter while they let rip. Not even a hit on my tanks, and they just rolled in. When I first played, I could never have done that, as Modrava would have been obscured by "fog".

It's great seeing rolling hills and roads stretching off into the distance, even on foot. Maybe because I live close to similar real-life landscapes (Ireland) but I definitely appreciate the effects of terrain on the success/failure of a  mission.

Oddly enough, I have viewdistance set at 800. I have a P4 3.0GHZ, 2GB RAM, 8600GT 512MB DDR3. This system would been a killerpc back in 2001. It is 3 years old know and clearly showing its age in new games. Therefor I play older games. I therefore thought OFP Resistance would run smoothly in 3000 viewdistance. I was wrong. If I set viewdistance higher than 1000, it stutters, and I will get fps like 12-15. I have 7..9 in visual quality, low on terrain, 800 viewdistance, 1280X1024 resolution, multitexturing on, vehichleshadows on, objectshadows off.

I get around 30 fps in the beginning of the "Battlefield" mission. (BTW: Recommend for 1GHZ lol). When the action starts, I drop down to 23-25 fps mostly when we meet the enemy and firing is starting. I usually get 40-50 fps in forest or outside cities. Etc. I was quiet suprised as I thought my "killer" pc would run this with over 100 fps even with lots of objects and things going on. BIS has told that the game was made with thoughts of newer hardware in mind. Please show me anyone running this game on very high settings with max viewdistance. Hello stutters!

I actually thinks older hardware would run this game better. I remember my old 1GHZ PC got better fps. I think newer GPU is not optimized to DirectX 7 than older cards. Just my 2 cent. I do admit I run DXDLL and have checked turning if off/on not losing more than 2-3 fps overall.

P.S I also plays alot of IL-2 1946. Originally a game from 2001, I got 40-50 avg. fps with some tweaks here and there. (Mostly water=0 etc.)