Sign in to follow this  
Tigershark_BAS

Joint ammo and mag project (jam)

What we are planning on doing allowing for weapons that can swap magazines in RL to be able to do so in OFP. WHat this will mean however is a loss of the weapon name in the ammo section (top left corner of screen).. ie instead of reading M4 Semi or M4 Auto it will now say something like "Rifle Semi" or "Rifle Auto".

For weapons that don't have swappable mags (eg M14) we can keep the naming in the ammo section "M14 Semi"...unless people want some consistency?

SelectThis

Pretty obvious, indeed... biggrin_o.gif

However, as it was said few posts earlier, I guess that having a caliber discription like eg. "5.45mm Auto" would be better looking one than "Rifle Auto".

Anyone elses opinions on what we should use? Either:

"<Ammunition name> <Fire Mode>"

So it would look like:

"5.56x45mm Single"

Or:

"<Weapon Type> <Fire Mode>"

So it would look like:

"Rifle Single"

Yeah I second that. Calibre tends to imply the type of weapon anyway, but it's more specific (what if you have more than one rifle?). 5.56x45mm is better IMHO. smile_o.gif

I just thought of asking this now, but is there a possibility to see high dispersal ammunition standardized as well?

I just thought of asking this now, but is there a possibility to see high dispersal ammunition standardized as well?

We will be creating a normal and a HD version of all the magazines included (although obviously not pistols/sniper rifles/40mm grenades).

You guys make me so happy. Now, if only I could fit you all into a woman's body... crazy_o.gif

Go for 5.56, 7.62, etc

Its more 'Army speak'

stole the words right out of my mouth. all that was exaclty what i was going to say.

Don't forget about Beta-c magazines!

cmag-ht.jpeg

More about them - HERE .

For common mags, I like the idea of:

5.56mm 30rnd [sEMI/BURST/AUTO]

5.56mm 20rnd

5.56mm CMAG

5.56mm 100rnd (cloth SAW pouch)

5.56mm 200rnd

etc.

Someone with an M4 won't see M16 mags, they will be different because of the different trigger groups, but I think we should still keep the 'visible name' the same (5.56mm 30rnd).

JAM_Magazines is approaching it's first private beta, after which there will be another period of coding to add in requested magazines and tweak bullet characteristics, naming, ROF, sounds etc.

SelectThis

Great news, but a question, could jam be also used for Vehicle weapons?

Erm, not really much of a point to be honest, as you cant pick up the weapons of a vehicle...so it would just be a standard weapon cpp, which tbh isnt what jam is about, its primarily about making all the infantry as compatible as possible, adding in all the various vehicle weapons would take forever.

Tigershark I found the best enemy of the SEALS you gotta make this enemy tounge_o.gifheli_shark_attack.jpgwow_o.gifbiggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

LOL a Tigershark attacking Tigershark's SEALS tounge_o.gif

Erm, not really much of a point to be honest, as you cant pick up the weapons of a vehicle...so it would just be a standard weapon cpp, which tbh isnt what jam is about, its primarily about making all the infantry as compatible as possible, adding in all the various vehicle weapons would take forever.

right okay, i would just love to see some standard Modern Armour Code.

right okay, i would just love to see some standard Modern Armour Code.

Sigma-6 is writing a "Universal Armour System" at the moment, and it should be published soon...

kewl it could be called TOAST

lmao, nice one MLF tounge_o.gif

Tigershark I found the best enemy of the SEALS you gotta make this enemy tounge_o.gifwow_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

LOL a Tigershark attacking Tigershark's SEALS  tounge_o.gif

*cough* It's a white shark and the pic is fake. *cough*

And please remain on topic. smile_o.gif