Sign in to follow this  
RapThor85

Ofrp release

Good evening everybody !

After quite a long wait, and a lot of work (the last 48 hours were quite busy), we (Operation frenchpoint) are pleased to announce you the relasing of the differend packs.

Weapons 2.0

It contains 14 different weapons, including :

- Assault riffle Famas F1 (debugged)

- Assault riffle Famas Infantry with Aimpoint CompML2 Optics (NEW)

- Automatic hangun MAC 50 (NEW)

- Automatic hangun PAMAS G1 (NEW)

- Minimi Para Machinegun (debugged)

- Light ANF1 Machinegun (NEW)

- Heavy ANF1 Machinegun (NEW)

- FRF2 Sniper riffle with Scrome J8 Optics (NEW)

- PGM HecateII heavy Sniper riffle with Scrome LTE Optics (NEW)

- Luchaire AC58 anti-armor riffle grenade (for the Famas F1) (NEW)

- Luchaire APAV58 anti-personnel and anti-armor grenade (for the Famas F1) (NEW)

- ABL (AT4CS) anti-armor RPG (NEW)

- Apilas heavy anti-armor RPG (NEW)

- Eryx missile launcher (debugged)

- 3 hand grenades (fragmentation LU-213, concussion AL-1, fragmentation AL-2) but those devices are only available in sngle player games, as the OFP engine deosn't support the custom hand grenades. (NEW)

- TRC9200 Radio and its antenna. (NEW)

All the ammunitions are compliant with the damage optimisation criteras :

- 5,56 mm NATO normalized ammo

- 9 mm Para normalized ammo

- 7,62 mm NATO normalized ammo (sniper and MG)

- 12,7 mm NATO normalized ammo (sniper and MG) in AP and APEI versions.

Infanty 2.0

The pack was completely debugged from the 1st version. Of course, this pack also contains a lot of new units !

What we added :

- New features like the use of hidden selections now allow to add or not rhe different compagny markings, the unit patch or even the rank patch !!

- This new version of the infantry pack contains 16 units in which 9 are new :

* Chalk leader (beret) : OFrP_Patr_Leaderinf

* Unit leader : OFrP_Inf_Leaderinf

* Medic : OFrP_Inf_Medic

* Radio operator : OFrP_Inf_TRC9200 (NEW)

* Sniper (FRF2) : OFrP_Inf_FRF2J8 (NEW)

* Heavy sniper (Hecate II): OFrP_Inf_HecateII (NEW)

* Grenadier : OFrP_Inf_Famasinf

* Grenadier (beret) : OFrP_Patr_Famasinf

* Grenadier AC58 : OFrP_Inf_AC58 (NEW)

* Grenadier AP/AV58 : OFrP_Inf_AP58 (NOUVEAU)

* Minimi machinegunner : OFrP_Inf_Minimi

* Light ANF1 machinegunner : OFrP_Inf_ANF1L (NEW)

* Heavy ANF1 machinegunner : OFrP_Inf_ANF1H (NEW)

* ABL Soldier : OFrP_Inf_ABL (NEW)

* APILAS Soldier : OFrP_Inf_Apilas (NEW)

* Eryx Soldier : OFrP_Inf_Eryx

- Implementation of the groups in OFP (they are 5) matching at best the real French army organization without killing the gameplay.

- As you were able to see above, a new naming rule was implemented. This one allows to take the best of the groups... This imply that all the missions created with the 1st version of this pack are not immediately compatible with the second version. It is necessary to replace the old namings with the new ones in your mission's "mission.sqm" file :

OFrP_Officier becomes : OFrP_Inf_Leaderinf

OFrP_PatrolOfficier becomes : OFrP_Patr_Leaderinf

OFrP_SoldierMinimi becomes : OFrP_Inf_Minimi

OFrP_Soldier becomes : OFrP_Inf_Famasinf

OFrP_SoldierEryx becomes : OFrP_Inf_Eryx

OFrP_PatrolSoldier becomes : OFrP_Patr_Famasinf

OFrP_SoldierMedic becomes : OFrP_Inf_Medic

- Two scripts were also added, allowing to simulate the smoke behind the soldier suring a RPG or missile launch, and to simulate the real "throwable" RPGs functionning (no-reload).

Air 1.0

Here, everything is new !!

There is not less than 6 rotary wing aircrafts which rejoin the OFrP fleet. The choppers are issued in "Central-Europe" camo scheme.

It includes :

SA-341 Gazelle gun

SA-342 Gazelle Hot

SA-342 Gazelle Mistral

SA-330 Puma

SA-330 Puma with winch

SA-330 Puma Pirate

And of course a custom pilot, armed with the MAC50 hangdgun.

Those helicopters use several scripts, like :

- Dust script.

- Case ejection script.

- Rappeling script from the Puma.

- Automatic landing gear functionning script for the Puma.

To test those addons as fast as possible, a new MP mission was created by Flo_Wer, named Damocles. This mission is completely original, and its parameters were carefully set up to get a huge realism aspect.

The older mission Sarin War, released with the firsts packs was also updated to use the new features of the Weapons & Infantry packs.

Version 1.91 required !

you can find more infos and the download links on our site

Arf encore une nuit blanche biggrin_o.gif  ,These french'addons are very good don't hesitate dl it.

(sorry for my poor english  tounge_o.gif )

je deteste le france! je deteste le "chiraki regime" aussi. lol jk, i like france, et je suis americain. I would recommend this addon to anyone, so dl even though u might h8 french ppl

Looks very nice RapThor... Downloading now!

Thanks for your hard work!

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

wow. I like it very much. Especially the Puma is great.

Now some things I noticed:

- Rapell Script: It doesn't work when you're the pilot and the troops in the back are in your group.

- The Grenadier APAV58 has no Amunition for the APAV58

- The front of the choppers is very vulnerable. A tank kills you very fast with it's MG. I don't know if that was intetional. But I'd like to see the glass withstand some MG shots ;)

And some Eye candies that i'd like to see also:

can you add an animation to the goggles of the soldiers? Something similiar like the BAS Special forces. And maybe add those dust effects on the soldiers sight that BAS used to your dust script.

But overall it looks very good!

Hi Donnervogel,

The Puma not withstanding the MG guns impacts is normal. this chopper is not a tank, and an MG round will go through it without  difficulty. It is unprotected (no armor) except for the pilot seat and the bottom of the passenger compartment.

The AP/AV58 soldier is not missing the grenade for his gun. first you have to select the option "reload AP/AV58 grenade".

-Horrido

Hmm well about the puma. Our Swiss Super Pumas have glass that can withstand some shots from rifles at least. I don't know about the french pumas. But it's ok. At least you have to fear tanks then hehe.

About the Grenadier. I am sorry. I confused it with the AC 58 grenade launcher ;) didn't notice that reload action. my fault.

I got CTD while releasing CM from Puma+20mmMG wow_o.gif

I will try again make sure it is bug or not smile_o.gif

Well there goes my weekend... Frenchpoint... Swedish pack... I have been waiting sooooo long for all this! Great!

Thankx all

G. biggrin_o.gif

but what about the VAB?

The graphic and intro page on your sight are nice, but they take a long time to load. Also, why not put the links to the files on the front page?

Yeah I hate Chirac and don't care for France but these are some fun addons and besides everyone likes le clairon! The nades are also very nice.

OKG!! this pack is amazing! the true one-shot antitank weapon that is marked as "USED" on your gear page is great. Excellent sounds and the helicopters are amazing.

I presume these addons were thorougly tested on Muaroa Atoll eh wink_o.gif

I second Killagee, absolutely fantastic units, i love the helicopters and the weapons are great. We had a laugh working out how to use the sights on some of them. Also a lot of intuition has been shown, with the Grenadier sights and AT weapon status in the gear.

Great release guys,

I am not saying that because i am French, i honestly was wishing there would be some cool french army things [and especially wished for a good FAMAS]but with no great hope. Ok there are some minor glitches but i am not in a mood for that, i am too satisfied with what works more than well in these addons, that is, more than 99.9% of them ! smile_o.gif

I really had some good time flying the helos, cool sound [maybe a little weak when you're in...] very good sense of inertia and manoeuvrability, great dust effects [even if i'd like more projections when flying over water ]

Guys, ça troue le cul !!! :P

These have to become standards for addon servers... all : grab them !!!

Shrike, if you read that, test them and consider adding them to the next addon pack for your server !! ;)

Lol, me and B20 were just saying the same thing while we were playing Op Damocles, talk to Shrike and get them on the Zeus server, it would be stupid to neglect them.

Lol, me and B20 were just saying the same thing while we were playing Op Damocles, talk to Shrike and get them on the Zeus server, it would be stupid to neglect them.

yes, lets make the addon pack even more ridiculously large... rock.gif

edit: just to clarify, this pack is great, and it SHOULD be on zeus, but i still disagree with the super duper addon pack idea rather than the server addon list.

All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SOOOO impressed!!!! The helicopters are everything I expected and more! Thank you very much for this amazing addon pack! The only minor complaint is perhaps that the FAMAS sounds are a little bit weak (kinda muffled like gunshot sounds from news photage) but still not too bad. The 20mm door gun on the Puma Pirate is VERY VERY nice and sounds wonderful!! I also love the engine sounds. The Gazelle is my favorite however as it is such fun to fly and looks very cool. I like watching the AI attack with it. It's also nice for dropping two man sniper teams.... speaking of snipers I love your snipers with the regular bolt action rifle and the big .50 cal rifles.

Hopefully the BAS team will be releasing their jungle map soon that should work as a simulated "Congo" in which I can pit these Frenchmen against Congolese rebels fighting for control of diamond and coltran mines with government troops.

Or... I could pit them against the BAS Rangers and set their "allowFleeing" setting so that the Frenchmen run away. smile_o.gif Only joking. smile_o.gif Nah I actually have respect for the French military, as most American military that I've talked to who have trained with the French have thought that they were very professional. The French Foreign Legion I especially have a lot of respect for as those guys have to go through pure hell to become Legionaires, and even afterwards still live a very tough and spartan life. I hope to see a Legionaire addon for this pack soon as well as hopefully a good "armor" pack with some French IFV's and tanks. Until then I guess I'll have to use the DKM Patria APC addon to simulate a VAB. smile_o.gif

Anyways.... I'm going to start working on an Ivory Coast mission. smile_o.gif (And don't worry Avon Lady, I'm still working on finishing up the Afghan mission). smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

(And don't worry Avon Lady, I'm still working on finishing up the Afghan mission).

sad_o.gif Yeh. Yeh. Sure. Sure. sad_o.gif

tounge_o.gif

so dl even though u might h8 french ppl

why would you hate them cos the regime wanted to stay out of the war? i dont think it was the peoples choice