Sign in to follow this  
Landwarrior87

Seb nam pack 2 (full) or 3

Firstly I'd like to say SEB Nam Pack 2, was a blessing from the Game God.. it came with alot of units, bunch of choppers and armored vehicles... but SEB said that there would be a Complete Armor pack coming in the future, where is it? I hope you guys havent aborted this because Operation Flashpoint 2 will be set in Vietnam because the nam pack you guys made, is really all i use to make missions.

Do you guys have a website to keep us up-to date on whats going on with the armored packs?

And here is some changes that id like to see.

- A UH-1H Dustoff Model, thats not a medivac.. (Has Doors) since the UH1D is the same model just holds less.

- A UH-1E Marine Huey, You could use the UH1D model, and just put "Marines" on the tail, it just looks odd when you have marines flying in a huey that says United States Army.

- Make the M113 in your armor pack (If Any) a little dirty and a differnt sound. Same with M48 and M60.

- Any Chance of a new Ia Drang, or totally new Vietnam map with Tunnels??

I would really appreciate responeses from any of the SEB Team, or Forum Users who know something that I dont know.

i dont know if they do any work on it at the moment but the whole SEB team "Selectthis, Eviscerator, Ebud" is also member of ballistic. I do know they are doing some work for BAS atm but for a update on the nampack 2 full or 3 one of them has to post here. smile_o.gif

Yeah, i hope they make a seb NAM pack 3, with more units tanks and helos biggrin_o.gif The would be sick wink_o.gif

At the minute we just really dont have the time to do anything more on it, we're all busy at BAS and will be for at least another 3-4 months, the Nam pack 2 is finished already, the modules were an extra, we added the armour so that mission makers didnt have to use armour from other addons and it would allow them to make missions that would not have to be changed if or when we updated the armour, although, seeing as most complaints come from the armour not having proper 3D models we probably would have had less hassle if we didnt include them at all, and no there is no website to keep up with progress on the armour pack, there has been no progress on the armour pack as there has been no time for progress, apart from BAS work there are real life issues like real life, work, and girlfriends/wives that take up the SEB teams time, so there really isnt a chance for us to work on the nam pack any time soon...

At the minute we just really dont have the time to do anything more on it, we're all busy at BAS and will be for at least another 3-4 months, the Nam pack 2 is finished already, the modules were an extra, we added the armour so that mission makers didnt have to use armour from other addons and it would allow them to make missions that would not have to be changed if or when we updated the armour, although, seeing as most complaints come from the armour not having proper 3D models we probably would have had less hassle if we didnt include them at all, and no there is no website to keep up with progress on the armour pack, there has been no progress on the armour pack as there has been no time for progress, apart from BAS work there are real life issues like real life, work, and girlfriends/wives that take up the SEB teams time, so there really isnt a chance for us to work on the nam pack any time soon...

that sux :-( ........

this was THE only 90% or more completed mod ever released for flashpoint.

2001 post, what did you do special for your 2000th tounge_o.gif

2001 post, what did you do special for your 2000th  tounge_o.gif

Not much, posted by accident, and only realised it was my 2000th after posting...

i think BW-Mod will get far also smile_o.gif

The 'Nam Pack 2' is complete, not 90%, not a beta, not a demo, the released version was finished.

I think people where expecting the modules you said you would be working on after a rest from modding along with the Missions that were supposed to comes out after the release.

I think people where expecting the modules you said you would be working on after a rest from modding along with the Missions that were supposed to comes out after the release.

Well, we expected to make them, but our workload has been too much to be able to do any considerable work on them, also with the modules and the missions it would probably have been 'Nam Pack 3', so my last statement stands...

really does suck..... and bas is taking forever with the damn mh60. so now i have nothing to look forward to except Operation Gulf War Crisis.. cuz the mh60 has been worked on for forever, the new soar pilots aint out yet... i kno bas is probablly working hard but they dont update as much as they use to... and Tysiek is taking forever with his uh60's... pplease someone release a MH60!

really does suck..... and bas is taking forever with the damn mh60. so now i have nothing to look forward to except Operation Gulf War Crisis.. cuz the mh60 has been worked on for forever, the new soar pilots aint out yet... i kno bas is probablly working hard but they dont update as much as they use to... and Tysiek is taking forever with his uh60's... pplease someone release a MH60!

Patient my friend I know BAS want to release the perfect MH-60 with nice features I think the most time goes in the scripts and the missions wink_o.gif

Patient my friend I know BAS want to release the perfect MH-60 with nice features I think the most time goes in the scripts and the missions wink_o.gif

Actually most of the time so far has been in model and textures, our MH-60 as it is now has only been in production for a couple of months, maybe less, the old version using the BIS model was abandoned because the base UH-60 model was just too ugly, so we've started from scratch with a completely new model and brand new textures (no longer uses the old TJP ones), it looks great, but youll probably have to wait a while to see screenshots...

SEB team, may I make a suggestion:

If you've got a definitive list of fixes and improvements to make to SEB Nam Pack 2 (and I think you do), why not "sub-contract" the work out to someone willing to take the work on your terms and expectations.

SEb gets to continue working 95% of the time with BAS and the Nam Pack "3" team will get the job done.

re: BAS

The reason BAS don't update alot is due to pressure from people constantly asking WHEN the addon will be released, as I am sure you can appreciate we prefer to release when we think the addon is ready (not bug free as that is almost impossible) and not to be constantly hounded.

re: Nam Pack 2 upgrades.

We did say that we would be working on the air (fixed wing) pack and the armor pack, but as Evis said, we were dragged into the BAS team to help fix some issues and have kinda been stuck there making addons. I personally feel the pressure on us to get back to the Nam Pack but we made commitments to BAS and we will stick with it.

To be prefectly frank, I don't know if we will ever be able to upgrade the Nam Pack fully as orginally planned. Circumstances change sad_o.gif

As to subcontracting out, dunno, could get complicated.

SelectThis

As to subcontracting out, dunno, could get complicated.

Lol....you getting paid then? tounge_o.gif

Isn't there a true 'nam fan around with the skills to get rid of the concrete bushes? It's just too annoying to try to lob a grenade over it and get blasted to pieces because of some invisible wall...

The bushes are the main reason why 'nam isn't played on our server anymore although we have a truckload of maps for it....sad.

I'll see what I can do about the bushes, maybe a small patch to the sebnam_obj.pbo.

SelectThis

*Cough* Crashing missions? *Cough* smile_o.gif

I think a nam pack patch would be great, hope you guys get round to doing it sometime.

RED

I personally feel the pressure on us to get back to the Nam Pack but we made commitments to BAS and we will stick with it.

Well i dont know about anyone else, but i would rather have you working on upgrading the Nam Pack rather then working on BAS Projects wink_o.gif

I personally feel the pressure on us to get back to the Nam Pack but we made commitments to BAS and we will stick with it.

Well i dont know about anyone else, but i would rather have you working on upgrading the Nam Pack rather then working on BAS Projects  wink_o.gif

ditto.... but if your working on the mh60 then stay :-)

I personally have very little interest in re-working the Nam pack as far as air and armor. Very few of you realize how exhausitng it is to sit up late every night getting less and less sleep so you can make addons that for the most part will barely get used.  I mean i've yet to see a more than 1 campaign made for the units that are in there, and don't tell me you need armor or air units to do it  tounge_o.gif   I mean there are countless scenarios that could be built around the units that are in there... ranger campaigns, Force Recon, Special Forces.... hell, even a door gunner campaign could easily be made without needing anything other than what is is in there. I even forgot aabout my favorite units... the Seals could easily be used in a good campaign. Armor and Air for me would be a waste of time, especially when OFP2 comes out and already has pretty much all you could want.

If I do anything for the Nam pack, it will be to help with the vegatation ( those 2 alpha islands I released were never even looked at by someone else to finish like I had hoped... too bad, those rivers were nice) and to finish the Seal campaign I've had on the backburner. The Taxman mission I worked on with Nagual just whetted my appetite and made me realize that without more good missions that I want to play, the pack was a waste of time for me.

Play Dinger's Air Cav mission, or the Dynamic Nam campaign and tell me you HAVE to have armor and Air to enjoy the pack. They would be nice, but I have no real intentions on revisting them ( plus I lost it all to a HD failure ) hehe I wish ST and Evis had never mentioned the Air and Armor smile_o.gif

The weapons for the nam pack isent acurate, the Stoner machine gun dident exsist in nam, and there wasent seals in nam, but green berets. Atleast thats what my friend says, and he is a weapon freak.

The weapons for the nam pack isent acurate, the Stoner machine gun dident exsist in nam, and there wasent seals in nam, but green berets. Atleast thats what my friend says, and he is a weapon freak.

Don´t know about the Stoner, but I know for a fact that there were lots of SEALs in Vietnam.