Sign in to follow this  
furia

The ultimate c-130 from hawk

HAWK, the add on maker is currently working on our long time desired C-130 Hercules.

I am an Airline Pilot (helicopter) on Real life and I am helping him on the aeronautical side.

We aim to have the most complete and realistic (as much as OFP allows) plane.

The plane have excellent textures, with a VERY detailled cockpit. It has real C-130 sounds.

It has animated doors. (3 lateral doors plus cargo ramp)

You can walk inside the plane (while it is not moving)

c130-6.jpg

The plane hace the capability of carrying cargo and parachute release while flying.

It also have, a group bail out command so you parachute the whole group (not exactly like ejecting  wink_o.gif )

c130-3.jpg

It also carries a script to order AI pilots to perform such tasking using action menu.

And as new feature, Hawk has implemented a mid air refueling capability. The plane can extend a fuel hose and perform a mir air refueling to other planes an helis. This is something I am sure some of you will enjoy a lot.

c130-5.jpg

Do not worry about the action menu on the pic on Polish, will be translated to english on final version.

Other cool stuff is that if the plane gets damaged, a fire is started on one engine and leaves a trail of smoke  smile_o.gif

It will probably have a Stall warning plus other new and cool features such flare  defense system to counter IR AA missiles.

The actual cammo scheme used is not the most up to date but more widely used for most countries back on 80´s.

HAWK is really doing a nice job, aimin for realism on this plane.

I am helping on tech aeronautical stuff (Besides ATP pilot I have like 160 jumps from C-130  wink_o.gif )

The work is well advanced so I do  expect HAWK have the add on ready soon.

More info soon  smile_o.gif

This looks very promising smile_o.gif

Keep up the good work.

I espicially like the idea of been able to eject all the passengers at one, and the mid-air refueling system.

looks really great!

*vixer thinks about flying with a MH60 behind it for fuel* tounge_o.gif

THIS HAS TO BE THE BEST SOUNDING ADDON I'VE EVER COME ACROSS!! wow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gif

Simply amazing! I am lost for words....

looks great, and the mid air re-fueling probe sounds nice.

the camoflage looks almost Nam style but there's nothing wrong with the textures they look great.

looks great, and the mid air re-fueling probe sounds nice.

the camoflage looks almost Nam style but there's nothing wrong with the textures they look great.

Yes it's in Portuguese Air Force South East Asia scheme (called like that because it was the one used in the Vietnam War by the USAF)...I must say that this would probably have been the last scheme I would have chosen,I would have gone for the more widespread Ghost Grey scheme used by most airforces but it still looks very nice and the features are truly mouth watering wow_o.gif

is that the BAS MH-60L or Tysieks?

i modified the Flashpoint Korea MH-60k to make it look like that,

while waiting for the BAS Mh-60 wink_o.gif

Guys...this addon looks VERY promising and the attention to detail is very impressive so far.

Just some words of advice from a veteran addon maker.

Take your time and get ti right....don't give in to the pressure from the community. Take your time and make it an addon that you can be proud of: bug free, detailed, functional and one that sets the new standard for all c130s

Good luck!! Looking forward to seeing the results. As Vixer said, I'd love to see our soon to be released MH-60 refueling behind this bird :-)

Please let me know if BAS can help in anyway.

OK, take or leave this idea as you will, but: how about two releases - 1 plain version with no actions or scripts, and then a deluxe version with all the trimmings - just a thought. wink_o.gif

lol they say "soon to be released" this looks like a great addon from Hawk, if you havent tried it, u should get his C-5A Galaxy. It has opening ramps. Also his MI-26 is great with a bunch of anims also. We can expect this C130 to be great!

Looks really awesome, great job so far! If i could throw in a request on it it would be to A: Have an openable ramp B: Making it in different paint schemes, a generic grey one and one other of your choosing. And including flags/markings so that you can change the nationality of the aircraft. with "setobjecttexture"

This would be a fantastic addon if it really will have scripts with similar quality as ones made by BAS! Good work! Take your time and finish it properly ;)

Looking very nice, the propellor blur looks a bit odd but the rest looks kissable smile_o.gif

Outstanding! Its about time! I'm glad someone is taking this project on and doing such an excellent job. I too however hope to see a ghost grey version of the bird, perhaps implementing BAS's script to place markings on it for national identitites much like the nose art on the 'Nam pack hueys.