Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Btr-80

Its...so...BEAUTIFUL! But what is the difference between the BTR-80 and the BTR-70?

Was AKM74 the one who made that last BTR-70? I wish he would finish that one up first as it had a lot of bugs that were never fixed.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

btr-70-line.gif

btr-80a-line.gif

He has big plans with this and other 'things' not pictured... I cannot release more info though smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Was AKM74 the one who made that last BTR-70?<span id='postcolor'>

no

So that's a BTR-60PB and a BTR-90 in those line drawings. I don't suppose the 'other projects' would include the 2S23?

2s23.jpg

the 2S23 is a heavy mortar carrier the btr 70/80's are apc's

the BTR70 (and BTR60) war work in gasoline (carburatore engine)

the BTR80 is work on disel engine.

The BTR70 is made by SeaDemon and AKM74

Wow incredible. The BMD3 textures were impressive, but these are just top notch! I assume the Marfy patina and mud texture tutorails have been put to good use tounge.gif. Anyways, kickass!

Wow, those textures are amazing. Very impressive smile.gif

*drool* *drool* and even more *drool*. Hope he does use proper BIS crew models for this one, if I remember right, the last version had Spetsnaz as gunner and driver.

I don't think that APC's had dedicated "crews units"

An assistant leader of the attached infantry squad was often the gunner.

The last version I guess was Sea Demon's BTR-70. AKM74, any chance you could help Sea Demon fix that old BTR-70? I remember it had some texture problems where it would turn white from a distance. There were also holes in the roof in the cargo section as well if I remember correctly.

But if this BTR-80 can be made better then I'll just it instead.

Keep up the great work! That model and the textures look amazing.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wick_105 @ 07 May 2003,00:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the 2S23 is a heavy mortar carrier the btr 70/80's are apc's<span id='postcolor'>

I know... what's your point?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So that's a BTR-60PB and a BTR-90 in those line drawings. I don't suppose the 'other projects' would include the 2S23?

<span id='postcolor'>

it will not be just BTR's pack. I would say BTR80 will be part of this pack...

Woohhoooaa!!  THAT BTR is so beatiful !! wow.gif

Super textures and model AKM74. It will have the option to open/close the front panels? Hope so, it will add a lot. And if you can please make some other parts movable (like side doors) that can be amazing. crazy.gif

And if you simulate the periscopes so when you close the front hatchs you so can still watch outside using them we will have an absolute winner ! wink.gif (we have Sea Demon's one like an example of that nice features)

I remember the beta BTR80 from Sea Demon but never get finished (along with the BTR70) so these news and pics put many of us very happy. Finally one of the most waited addons with such nice quality! Thanks!

Looks absolutely fantastic!

The final version of SeaDemon´s BTR-70 was very disappointing, all the betas just changed stuff and didn´t actually improve the vehicle, and the final version is and unplayable, ugly piece of S***, I´m sorry to say sad.gifconfused.gif

But AKM74 can finish this one, I have a lot of respect for his skillz biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> Hope he does use proper BIS crew models for this one, if I remember right, the last version had Spetsnaz as gunner and driver.<span id='postcolor'>

i will use standart BIS east solders, not crew. BTR80 almost ready. I will send it to few peoples (sorry) for quick beta test today or tomorow. In this case i will have few extra day to finish BMP3 before first v 0.8 public reliase.