Sign in to follow this  
Skul

Seventh

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([TU]$33ker @ 07 May 2003,16:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BTW there's a song in resistance soundtrack where i think Ondrej Matejka worked together with Seventh. the music sounds like Ondrej's but the singer sounds like David Lagettie.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, I don't know who David Lagettie is, but I believe you are talking about Resistance Track 2? That's a great track! Suited in the Res trailer! Excellent dramatic score. It's one of my favourite tracks in the game.

Opera, its so cool to listen to them going berserk... Blood everywhere, the machinegun on fullauto fire, and a fat man singing

... Or just good ol' break beat/drum 'n' bass

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CrunchyFrog @ 08 May 2003,14:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Opera, its so cool to listen to them going berserk... Blood everywhere, the machinegun on fullauto fire, and a fat man singing

... Or just good ol' break beat/drum 'n' bass<span id='postcolor'>

that or just nice trance!!! mach - zillion

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Skul @ 08 May 2003,14:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([TU]$33ker @ 07 May 2003,16:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BTW there's a song in resistance soundtrack where i think Ondrej Matejka worked together with Seventh. the music sounds like Ondrej's but the singer sounds like David Lagettie.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, I don't know who David Lagettie is<span id='postcolor'>

Lead member of Seventh, also goes by the nickname Seventh, and coincedently is the head guy down at BIA

Some of the Seventh songs were very interesting for some of my own created mission. Especially Lifeless.

I hope to see some good productions from Seventh in OFP2 .

I will prefer that instead of rap/techno and these modern "MTV songs" etc...  that my ears can 't tolerate wink.gif .

Classic music and eastern themes were good in OFP too and add to the atmosphere in some of my mission, i hope to see same kind of great choice in OFP2

While I liked some of the Seventh songs in the original OFP, the idea of them doing covers of popular music from that era leaves me feeling a little put off.

I can't imagine Seventh doing Fortunate Son (CCR) or something like that.

Anyways, I really liked the scores from OFP and I hope they bring back everyone who did those to work on the second one.

It's kind of weird when you think about (but cool) that BIS is one of the only companies that still uses music to help tell the story and not just for ambience. I'm glad though, it would be weird to always have music playing.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Skul @ 06 May 2003,13:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am just wondering if any of Seventh's songs appear in OFP2...?

Will they write/are they writing songs for it?<span id='postcolor'>

I hope not!

Generally music in OFP is very well, but those nu-metal songs by Seventh really sux!

I would like to hear Vietnam-era songs in OFP2's Vietnam Campaign (refer to "Apocalypse Now!", "Forest Gump" and other 'Nam movies).

PS.: "Break on through" by the Doors is a must!

I sincerely hope 7th and the Composer of the OFP themes do get to work on OFP2.

Its bad enough BIS have decided to make a Vietnam part ( I am fed up with playing Americans in these games, all those twangy nasally accents... at least Resistance had someone with a proper accent central stage biggrin.gif , theres a few more countries out there you know! So what if the Americans wont buy it if they're not included as the All-Conquering Hero's?  I dont care! tounge.gif  )

The thought of having an OFP game thats a remake of Platoon or Apocolypse now ( i.e using the same soundtrack/songs ) is just sad. There will be dozens of user made missions that rip off those films anway! Let them do the cheesy missions with The Doors and Hendrix etc.

Originality and being different from all the other games out there is what sets OFP way apart from everything else IMO. And the music/score was a big part of that.

0.02 Pounds Sterling.

I'm not saying I'm a huge Seventh fan. I've only downloaded three of their songs. If I listen to their other songs, it's only because they go with my mission/campaign.

It would be good if BIS could get some Nam area songs into the game, just to set the scene. If your on a US base, it would add to the atmosphere to have a radio somewhere playing music from the Nam era.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ 09 May 2003,11:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It would be good if BIS could get some Nam area songs into the game, just to set the scene. If your on a US base, it would add to the atmosphere to have a radio someone playing music from that era.<span id='postcolor'>

yes, i think so to... that and sweet home alabama, and maybe some trance

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mrukas @ 09 May 2003,15:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ 09 May 2003,11:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It would be good if BIS could get some Nam area songs into the game, just to set the scene. If your on a US base, it would add to the atmosphere to have a radio someone playing music from that era.<span id='postcolor'>

yes, i think so to... that and sweet home alabama, and maybe some trance<span id='postcolor'>

yeah sure! trance in vietnam of the 60ies/70ies! crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mrukas @ 09 May 2003,15:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">......and maybe some trance<span id='postcolor'>

You are joking right?!?

In the 70's, Queen was around, so maybe they could have some of that? 99% of the world likes Queen, so, BIS......? smile.gif

[Gareth Gates must die]

I think we need 3 kind of music styles for each OFP2 theatre!  smile.gif

lets see, the 70s eh? DISCO crazy.gif , arghh not the 70s tounge.gif , and whats with "sweet home alabhama", and that corny stuff tounge.gif , either way i think BIS will have to create their "own" stuff for the game, copyrigh and all eh? wink.gif .

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AirwolfPL @ 08 May 2003,18:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Skul @ 06 May 2003,13:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am just wondering if any of Seventh's songs appear in OFP2...?

Will they write/are they writing songs for it?<span id='postcolor'>

I hope not!

Generally music in OFP is very well, but those nu-metal songs by Seventh really sux!

I would like to hear Vietnam-era songs in OFP2's Vietnam Campaign (refer to "Apocalypse Now!", "Forest Gump" and other 'Nam movies).

PS.: "Break on through" by the Doors is a must!<span id='postcolor'>

I wholeheartedly agree. Vietcong has already showed us how licensed music can add to the atmosphere immeasurably (The team used Deep Purple's 1968 rendition of 'Hey Joe' for the game, among others). And if you want a Doors tune to grace the game, I think 'The End' might be a good idea!

Cannon Fodder is right. VC is a good example on the music front for 'Nam games. Or something like that. biggrin.gif

Still Jefferson Airplane, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, Country Joe & The Fish, CCR... smile.gif But own copyrighted music is the best. Then there wont be any troubles. biggrin.giftounge.gifsmile.gif

Hawkins

There's no doubt that heavy metal fits OFP's war-theme and I must say Lagettie's work is right on.

I think he can make some great music apropriate for OFP2's timeline.

When I listen to My Life it gives me a sense of the 70's sound and atmosphere but in a more modern way (new age guitar-sound/quality etc). I like that.

I've never been a fan of the 60's bands (Beatles, The Doors etc) -too much before my time, but I think AC/DC would make for some great atmosperic music in OFP2. Angus and the gang is the only band I know of that have managed to keep the 70's style in modern album with the old style sound but in todays quality (The Ballbreaker and Stiff Upper Lip-album).

Besides, who can compete with Highway to Hell, Dirty Deeds and Back in Black? smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ 10 May 2003,10:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There's no doubt that heavy metal fits OFP's war-theme and I must say Lagettie's work is right on.

When I listen to My Life it gives me a sense of the 70's sound and atmosphere but in a more modern way (new age guitar-sound/quality etc). I like that.

I've never been a fan of the 60's bands (Beatles, The Doors etc) -too much before my time, but I think AC/DC would make for some great atmosperic music in OFP2. Angus and the gang is the only band I know of that have managed to keep the 70's style in modern album with the old style sound but in todays quality (The Ballbreaker and Stiff Upper Lip-album).

Besides, who can compete with Highway to Hell, Dirty Deeds and Back in Black?  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Can you imagine disembarking from an M113 under heavy fire while 'Whole Lotta Rosie' blares out of your speakers? Or listening to 'Let There Be Rock' as you strafe the jungle with an M60 as your Huey swoops over the jungle canopy? Regardless of whether or not it will be in the game, I simply have to code a mission with these elements! And with the apparent "improvements" to the mission editor in Flash 2, it's going be even easier.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ 10 May 2003,11:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There's no doubt that heavy metal fits OFP's war-theme and I must say Lagettie's work is right on.

Besides, who can compete with Highway to Hell, Dirty Deeds and Back in Black?  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

AC/DC in the 70ies was great! I luv the "Powerage" and "Highway To Hell" records! biggrin.gif

U can't compare this music with AC/DC in the 80ies/90ies, Bon Scott's voice and lyrics are much better than Brian Johnson's. tounge.gif

Although, I'd like to have my favourite music ingame, I have to say that BIS should compose their own stuff. We shouldn't force them to use music they don't want. wink.gif

yeah i don't think it's such a good idea to implement these as real themes or something, but i'd like to see (or rather hear) somewhere in the background on a radio in an american base or something like that, just a nice detail, ya know...

My 2 cents worth:

Trance? U gotta be jokin? Right? Who in the name of god associates Vietnam (or the 70s in that case) with trance?

I still believe 7th did a great job in making symbolic dark-like atmosphere with it's tracks, and I hope they will do so for the next game and I hope BIS will take aboard some more music artists for the final product.

A suggestion for vietnam based intro's. Please find some native-american inspired music (the atmospheric misic used in the movie We Were Soldiers) as it goes great with Huey slow-mo cutscenes biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpeedyDonkey @ 07 May 2003,10:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Now i know: Hans Zimmer - Thats all you need sol.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I agree. Hans Zimmer is the greatest. nice strong and powerfull tunes.

Although I'll also go with the seventies music mentioned above. Fighting your OFP-wars in a vietnam area with the Doors and Deep purple would be great!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Operation Flashpoint 2 will feature three different theatres of combat set in environments across Southeast Asia(1), Central Europe(2) and Africa(3)<span id='postcolor'>

1. acdc, the doors....

2. Trevor Rabin - BMBBO(bad company, film soundtrack), trancehump.gif, dj karpin - el ultimo mohicano breakbeat(remix of some hans zimmer song)

3. Hans Zimmer