Sign in to follow this  
_Assulter_

Multiplayer

A better turtorial is a MUST for this game. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, that I get to try the game is completely lost as to how to navigate and play gametypes like CTI/ Warfare. They have no idea that they even have a compass, how to give grid positions, that the map is divided into 1000m or 100m squares depending on zoom level, they have no idea how to play CTI or Warfare, what the map symbols mean, how it works, what to do, NOTHING. This translates into either me spending a LONG time explaining the same things to every person over and over again, or they just lose interest very quickly and give up on it. You can't make a game this different than everything else and NOT tell people how it works!

There needs to be an in depth tutorial for how to navigate, and for gametypes like Superpowers/Capture the Island/Warfare/ all other gametypes taht ship with the game! I know for a fact that the interest just within the group of guys I game with would easily double if this issue was well addressed. I would imagine putting it in the demo as well would help the game sell a LOT.

** Some suggestions for MP **

- In Server selection - add a favourite Server button / screen. So you can build up a list of your favourite servers. Instead of plouging through a long list, trying to remember what server you played on.

- Friends - Always greyed out? (how do you add friends?) Manual doesnt explain!!

- Player search.. so you can see where your buddies are playing and join them on that server.

- Expand or allow scrollable player field - when highlighting a server in the server browser, you can see the players, but their names get truncated on the right hand side of the table, how about text wrap or scroll field? so you can see whos playing.

Regards

Lima-14

** Some suggestions for MP **

- In Server selection - add a favourite Server button / screen. So you can build up a list of your favourite servers. Instead of plouging through a long list, trying to remember what server you played on.

- Friends - Always greyed out? (how do you add friends?) Manual doesnt explain!!

- Player search.. so you can see where your buddies are playing and join them on that server.

- Expand or allow scrollable player field - when highlighting a server in the server browser, you can see the players, but their names get truncated on the right hand side of the table, how about text wrap or scroll field? so you can see whos playing.

Regards

Lima-14

+1 :) Developers seem to completely ignore the server browser friends list, an example of an excelent server browser is in Enemy Territory Quake Wars. They have a friends list where you can join the server that they are in, if it's full you have an option to wait for the next slot to be available.

-Sorting out the warping that happens when scoped would be good :)

-Official bug free co-op & PvP maps would be nice.

-reserve named slot so admin can join the game if no other admin is currently on.

in the filter settings to make checkbox a choice of several modes of game

Standing is quicker to kill people than crouching as the accuracy is around the same. (Takes ages to crouch anyway so your dead before you can crouch)

After a running a little while your aim is all over the place even after a short distance. Takes to long to get breat back also??

Also after running I depress my key to stop the character and the character keeps running which gives me the player no contol over what im doing really.

Is it possible to but in an option like you have with removing head bobbing you could change anims lets say sim/arcade or arma 2/ofp for players that with to use it.

You can probably see that the community is pretty much a joke atm Well put it this way theres more people playing ofp ctf than arma 2 that tells you how well its doing. Its not like I havent tried its just not possible. I dont think anything wil come of this post but will put it in anyway.

Anth;1364837']After a running a little while your aim is all over the place even after a short distance. Takes to long to get breat back also??.

Try running a few hundred meters with 60 pounds of gear on your back' date=' then stopping and trying to aim carefully. I guarantee you will be breathing pretty hard for quite a while, and your aim will be shaky, too!

Anth;1364837']Also after running I depress my key to stop the character and the character keeps running which gives me the player no contol over what im doing really.

Let go of "w", or whatever key you have mapped to "move forward", and you will stop moving forward. It's pretty easy to control.

Anth;1364837']Is it possible to but in an option like you have with removing head bobbing you could change anims lets say sim/arcade or arma 2/ofp for players that with to use it.

This is ARMA 2! It's a milsim' date=' not an arcadey COD/BF clone!

Anth;1364837']You can probably see that the community is pretty much a joke atm Well put it this way theres more people playing ofp ctf than arma 2 that tells you how well its doing. Its not like I havent tried its just not possible. I dont think anything wil come of this post but will put it in anyway.

What poll did you take to prove this? MAybe people are playing the campaign and not online? It may take some time for people to get comfortable enough with the game to venture online, too. Especially since the documentation on things such as how the gametypes work, and how to navigate are overwhelming for most new players. Give it time though.

i played ofp arma and arma 2 dont lecture me on what I know about th is game and dont answer what ive told you is broken for me and many others just because you think its right does not mean I think it right. It may be good for co-op although ive even seen co-op players complaining about it and its definatly no good for pvp.

what poll??? I play ever other night I dont need silly polls that arnt even acurate to tell me whats going on.

I just was pointed to a little problem related to the use of aircrafts with "pilot" and "gunner" positions in MP. I've tested this with a Cobra only but assume it's the same for all other aircrafts of that type.

At first assigned targets (via Tab) are not shown to the other crewmember which makes it difficult to act as a real crew.

Besides that it seems like it's not possible that the gunner seperatly operates a weapon besides the pilot and visavers. In OFP for example the gunner could operate the "gun" while the pilot could use the FFARs. Why isn't that possible anymore? I mean this is a necessary feature for MP and should be reworked asap!

-------------------

Besides that I'm missing an option to report my position to group- and sidemembers. Was this option just turned off on the servers I played or is there really none?

Webhosting for file/mission redirect . Save the serveralot of bandwidth by implmenting this

more Team Death Match and other game modes.

CO OP is horrible with all the lag =/

Its frustrating that you shoot enemys and they dont die then you get blown up for no reason and tank you shoot over 20 times blows up.

I would like to see a empty car in ever town,so if your shot down or what ever you can still get around...

Allow saves in campaign co-op to be used more than once. (ie, you get an autosave, you die, the resume button only works once, then the mission restarts unless you get another autosave).

Webhosting for file/mission redirect . Save the serveralot of bandwidth by implmenting this

+1 for this .... would make perfect sense.

I'm not sure how much extra programming it would take for BIS to do this, but it would be VERY welcome.

BIS please give us an option to increase the AI player count in *ALL* Gamemodes. Why can I only do 6v6 on Capture the Sections???

There should be a ticker bar below the Perameters window just before loading the game.

Also it would be really cool if you can change it so it loads until every player is completely loaded unless downloading stuff I dont get how im able to move around for almost 30 seconds by the time my friend is done *RECIEVING*. Always forget since im host.

More options without having to screw around with scripts please, fix the AI in Objectives they never capture flags and never capture points from my experience, no more sit a spawn and spawn kill in Team Deathmatch and No more spawning right in front of somebodies face in Deathmatch perhaps make bigger areas to accomendate the size. LMAO

Anways BIS if you improve this, "you" hands down got a stellar MP component. :yay:

BIS please give us an option to increase the AI player count in *ALL* Gamemodes. Why can I only do 6v6 on Capture the Sections???

There should be a ticker bar below the Perameters window just before loading the game.

More options without having to screw around with scripts please, fix the AI in Objectives they never capture flags and never capture points from my experience, no more sit a spawn and spawn kill in Team Deathmatch and No more spawning right in front of somebodies face in Deathmatch perhaps make bigger areas to accomendate the size. LMAO

Those things are mission related, even if BIS fixes its own (rather mediocre) MP missions, it will not affect any other missions out there because every feature and option in a mission is decided by its maker. C&H and DM aren't supposed to be played with AI btw, no matter how they are scripted they just aren't cut out for pvp modes.

If you want to play proper pvp missions (lots of player slots, spawn protection etc.), check out some of the servers that have them. :)

Those things are mission related, even if BIS fixes its own (rather mediocre) MP missions, it will not affect any other missions out there because every feature and option in a mission is decided by its maker. C&H and DM aren't supposed to be played with AI btw, no matter how they are scripted they just aren't cut out for pvp modes.

If you want to play proper pvp missions (lots of player slots, spawn protection etc.), check out some of the servers that have them. :)

Well at the current state yes the AI isn't cut out for PVP but I want BIS to put effort into the AI anyways, I didn't have good experiences offline people tend to be retards and have idiotic rules for the noobies me at the time so I just play with my close friends and forum members usually and we like killing AI. :D

Edited by Flash Thunder

BUILT IN SYNCHRONIZATION OF ADDONS:

The game server doesn't have to send them.. let us put a hosting url in the server cfg!

Nuff said, I can deal with all the other issues.. This will really improve things. Pubbers can join ANY server without messing with addons and mods.

It would be nice if there were made an Option or Menu so that you could give quick new Ammo to an Team-member next to you instead dropping all the stuff on the ground and your mate have to search for it.Especially in Firefights it would be a great help.Got the Idea for a Team of Machine Gunner and Ammo Bearer e.g.

And Sorry for my Bad English,but School is so long ago..:D

It would be nice if there were made an Option or Menu so that you could give quick new Ammo to an Team-member next to you instead dropping all the stuff on the ground and your mate have to search for it.Especially in Firefights it would be a great help.Got the Idea for a Team of Machine Gunner and Ammo Bearer e.g.

I second that.

A kind of item exchage dialog would be very helpful.

It would be awesome if we could get an official mode like

Island war for that Other game, having AI spawn randomly around the island, being able to edit alot of its settings add mods to it extra scripts.

Allow respawning and reviving

Have checkpoints set up after objectives completed.

I really like that mode for DR so I think it should be a real official mode for the Better game. :)

Coop is great fun, the only thing is AI needs to be improved.

Haven't read all the posts bc there are far too many, but my suggestions for multiplayer are:

more out of the box multiplayer content already available and ready to load and play, and the mission wizard needs to have a tutorial or something similar to the boot camp missions so the average person knows it is there and how to use it!

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

One big suggestion I have is to make the Superpowers game mode (CTI) able to be resized to include fewer towns and a smaller play area. This would allow small groups of players hosting their own games to be able to go against each other with more intense warfare, in a shorter amount of time. Making it able to be edited in this way in the mission wizard would be great!

I don't know how long of a gap there is between them. But I would like to see one soon, so I can get Domination back on my server. Xeno said that BI fixed the ammo box crashes with the latest beta update.