Sign in to follow this  
CuteQA

Animals

Bears would have been good on the OFP1 islands. Dogs and cats would be good "motion decoys", things that make you look. As it is now, if something moves, you know it is either friend or enemy. It sticks out like a sore thumb. B.I. did a nice job of touching on this by making some of the bushes appear like soldiers or vehicles, but motion decoys are needed.

Guard dogs to sniff soldiers out and to hear what you normally couldn't hear would also be great.

Horses would have been in use by Polish Cavalry forces in the 80's, I believe. At least, Twilight: 2000 seemed to say something like this. I should think Resistance fights, a la "Red Dawn", would make good use of horses, too.

"Tiger! Tiger! Never get out of the boat! Never get out of the boat!"

Its amazing how animals make much more believable gameworlds, VC is a good example of this, like when you arrive at a village and there are chicken and ducks movin around, or when you are at a jungle and see insects, frogs, birds... it makes everything much more alive and therefor believable and immersive smile_o.gif . Obviously it wouldnt be possible to populate an island the size of Nogova with many animals but it should be possible to place them where we want in the mission editor, i really hope BIS considers this request.

"Tiger!  Tiger!  Never get out of the boat!  Never get out of the boat!"

It would be good to have tigers in it, just like apocolypse now.

I think there could be 2d Sprites of birds flying over head, that would give atmosphere and not drain the processer of computers.

There is a funny story of dogs being used in war though. The russian in WW2 thought they'd be smart and taught a a bunch of dogs to run under tanks. They then placed explosives on the dogsand sent them to the battle field and gave them the signal to run under the tanks. The problem was the russians trained the dogs on their own tanks. The dogs ran forward towards the germans but didn't recoginise the Tigertanks so they turned around and saw the Russian and ran under them instead and blew up their own tanks.

crazy_o.giftounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

It was fun to hunt bird in Delta Force 1 tounge_o.gif

tounge_o.gif The fluffy Bunny allanice with the Turtles to take over Hawaii, will man kind defeat the fluffy bunnys and the turtles or wiht the humans lose? *bum bum bum BUMMMMMMM*

In Alaska, a mama moose can be a dangerous thing! They will charge the grill of vehicles head on!

it would be nice to see vultures flying around corpses...

but... ya know... putting too many animals in the game turns each island into a wildlife reserve.

I wrote this in another topic. I hope BIS sees this smile_o.gif

Now as far as i understand BIS said that they would like to have animals in game... So if we had animals we should be able to play as animals, like the seagull right now in MP... But this time we could make like dog CTF, cow DM or Weasel COOP.

If Bis can make animals im sure it woudln't be to hard to make them playable, and while this might sound like a ridiculous sugestion it would be fun for a change and give grater possibilities for varied game types.

OPF2: realistic simulation of animal behavior in a high detailed natural environment. Weasel coop eh? tounge_o.gif

OPF2: realistic simulation of animal behavior in a high detailed natural environment. Weasel coop eh?  tounge_o.gif

well ofp sold alot because it was unique, with these nice futures it would remaine unique. And who hasn't played a fun but hard CTI map and though, if i only could be a little badger and dig my way to the flag pole...

smile_o.gif

I think animals would be great, especially if they were ambient and didn't recquire you to add them in in the mission editory.

Imagine going out on a sniper mission and watching a few deer frolick around in the field in front of you. biggrin_o.gif

I think animals would be great, especially if they were ambient and didn't recquire you to add them in in the mission editory.

Imagine going out on a sniper mission and watching a few deer frolick around in the field in front of you.  biggrin_o.gif

or a deer running right at ya. crazy_o.gif

RUN!

imagine your car hit a deer on the highway tounge_o.gif

I think animals would be great idea!

I really want to see dogs,cats,snakes, and crocodiles in OFP 2

i dunno if this has alredy been sed but:

how many animals hav u seen in vietcong jungles? wiv all dose ugly men walking around?

also, wot do u wont? sumfing else to shoot or the game out soon?

u can shoot trees instead of animals

why not cut urself and make a picture of a tiger outta ur blood

that's sayving the americans ALOTTA time

Yes, I'm absolutely positive there were animals in Vietnam's jungle. Even a certain type of deer lives there I think. Plus of course monkeys, snakes, birds, water buffalo, wild boars, so on and so forth.

Yes, I'm absolutely positive there were animals in Vietnam's jungle.  Even a certain type of deer lives there I think.  Plus of course monkeys, snakes, birds, water buffalo, wild boars, so on and so forth.

...yes, and did i mentioned that the VC/NVA used elephants to carry supplies through the "ho chi minh" trail, this is not a joke, they actually did smile_o.gif . Big animals are questionable but birds, insects and maybe some lizards would be really great to have in jungle of vietnam.

Also camels in Africa!

You can hijack them!

And go riding around in the desert...

Ok i'll shut up.

I'd suggest more African flora and fauna besides camels. Especially if the Africa in-game is sub-Saharan Africa. I'd prefer to see elephants, rhinos, lion, impalas and gazelles. Kind of like a virtual safari... but I'm an animal nut. I'd be happy with birds and dogs. Maybe an occasional hippo in the water. smile_o.gif

I'd suggest more African flora and fauna besides camels. Especially if the Africa in-game is sub-Saharan Africa. I'd prefer to see elephants, rhinos, lion, impalas and gazelles. Kind of like a virtual safari... but I'm an animal nut. I'd be happy with birds and dogs. Maybe an occasional hippo in the water.  smile_o.gif

yes, you do that, I hunt them. tounge_o.gifsmile_o.gif

since there are 3 places of war, I guess there should be diversity of species.

It'd be pretty frickin cool if the animals had some sort of AI. Imagine, walking through the jungle only to have a deer startle and leap up in front of you and then bound away into the forest. You'd nearly wet yourself and fire off half a clip before you realized what happened. Also, imagine pissing off a nearby rhino or elephant and having it charge you. Or, while stalking the enemy, you yourself are being stalked by a tiger. Adds a whole new dimension to the game doesn't it?

It'd be pretty frickin cool if the animals had some sort of AI.  Imagine, walking through the jungle only to have a deer startle and leap up in front of you and then bound away into the forest.  You'd nearly wet yourself and fire off half a clip before you realized what happened.  Also, imagine pissing off a nearby rhino or elephant and having it charge you.  Or, while stalking the enemy, you yourself are being stalked by a tiger.  Adds a whole new dimension to the game doesn't it?

or simply :

on an infiltration op , you make too much noise or move too fast and a flock of birds fly off the trees around you

wouldn't that be great in MP and for the atmoshphere ?

It'd be pretty frickin cool if the animals had some sort of AI.  Imagine, walking through the jungle only to have a deer startle and leap up in front of you and then bound away into the forest.  You'd nearly wet yourself and fire off half a clip before you realized what happened.  Also, imagine pissing off a nearby rhino or elephant and having it charge you.  Or, while stalking the enemy, you yourself are being stalked by a tiger.  Adds a whole new dimension to the game doesn't it?

Deer don't live in the jungle tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I'd suggest more African flora and fauna besides camels. Especially if the Africa in-game is sub-Saharan Africa. I'd prefer to see elephants, rhinos, lion, impalas and gazelles. Kind of like a virtual safari... but I'm an animal nut. I'd be happy with birds and dogs. Maybe an occasional hippo in the water.  smile_o.gif

Hippo? I wouldnt feel safe crossing a river in a small boat.