Sign in to follow this  
CuteQA

Animals

I would say dogs are a good idea, if not for the campaign then for the means of expansion, birds would be great in trees. You shoot and they fly. Also make gunshots louder and more sudden, for example, in SWAT 3 if you put the volume up very high with surround sound then you can almost get to the levels of the real gunshot, and you have your finger off the mouse button not wanting to shoot because it sounds so much like a real 9mm. The sounds in OFP are inadequate, how do you expect to create a sense of immersion if the sounds of the weapons change completely on every patch? Make the first shot seem loud and echoing and then (like in dynamic range) you are just deafened by your and their squads opening up, a gun battle between 2 guys with AK47s is very loud and you can hear them from a long way away, it only looks quiet in footage because they are surrounded by this deafening roar of other weapons.

Also, you could have a mission where a food shipment doesn't arrive, do you grab a jeep and a rifle and go scooting off to find some food. That would be a cool mission, especially if thge dear avoided you like in real life, you would go stalking around in the woods hunting, the best hunting simulation would be outranked by OFP2.

I don't endorse hunting by the way. In some cases it's acceptable, in others it's sick.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">if you put the volume up very high with surround sound then you can almost get to the levels of the real gunshot, and you have your finger off the mouse button not wanting to shoot because it sounds so much like a real 9mm.<span id='postcolor'>Then my neighbours call the cops

Wildlife like birds would had to the game, like the vultures, piranhas and pinguins from DF2, anyone saw the rabbits in NOLF2? they look perfect, animations and all, would like to see some of those in the malden forests:

"all, danger"!

"4,5, flank left"

"all, engage at will"

"9 o'clock, rabbit, 50"

"5, rabbit is history".

Im afraid they would also "eat" too much sistem resources cause you cant expect to find half a dozen rabbits and a couple gulls in a island the size of Nogova so... confused.gif

They allready gave birds for MP games so I don't see the need for too much work, just need to make the movements and shape more real. smile.gif

May be they forget it again tounge.gif

Animals could be an optional thing to put in, so that they would only appear in the mission's area (if you wanted animals, that is).

I'd like to see the ears of a deer prick up before it disappears at the speed of light after it sees half the American Army barreling down the highway biggrin.gif

With the deer caught in the headlights look; you know the look where they just stand there with there mouth open. wow.gif ....................... tounge.gif

Being a hunter i have often looked at Flaspoint and wondered why no one has done a hunting mod, as the hunting games that exist sux very much , ofp has the weapons the masive maps it could be fun me thinks, some pigs and a few roo's vs an m-60 dose it get any better

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LaPoi @ 03 May 2003,07:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">With the deer caught in the headlights look; you know the look where they just stand there with there mouth open. wow.gif ....................... tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

My brother's car hit a deer because of that crazy.gif

Big animals like cows would only be the subject of many stupid, immature jokes and "funny" MP missions, but snakes that appear and disappear randomly and birds that fly when startled and give sneaky enemies away would be very nice smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CuteQA @ 03 May 2003,15:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif9--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LaPoi @ 03 May 2003,07wow.gif9)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">With the deer caught in the headlights look; you know the look where they just stand there with there mouth open. wow.gif ....................... tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

My brother's car hit a deer because of that crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well it wasn't my fault!!! mad.giftounge.gifbiggrin.giftounge.gifbiggrin.gif

There are some dolphins being used in Operation Iraqi Freedom! smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Polishdude @ 04 May 2003,14:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Some trained bears would do for NATO!<span id='postcolor'>

Why would Nato use bears to attack russians? Bears fighting the bear(Russia)? tounge.giftounge.giftounge.giftounge.gif

A bull would do! Just hit the russians in the chest they are dead, we don't want to waste bullets pluse NATO lives on evil doers! confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (168GRN HPBT @ 03 May 2003,18:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Being a hunter i have often looked at Flaspoint and wondered why no one has done a hunting mod, as the hunting games that exist sux very much , ofp has the weapons the masive maps it could be fun me thinks, some pigs and a few roo's vs an m-60 dose it get any better<span id='postcolor'>

Probably because there still isn't any realistic way to create animals for OFP. You could conceivably make a static 3D model of an animal, and have it sort of hover around, but AFAIK we don't have the capability to animate 4-legged animals, birds etc. But I agree, a hunting mod would go great with OFP2 - safari anyone? smile.gif

I agree with what Hellfish6 said on the first page - i'd rather have BIS focusing on the major elements of gameplay/game engine etc. than on superfluous things like animals - just as long as the community gets the capability to make them. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mr. Snrub @ 05 May 2003,07:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (168GRN HPBT @ 03 May 2003,18:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Being a hunter i have often looked at Flaspoint and wondered why no one has done a hunting mod, as the hunting games that exist sux very much , ofp has the weapons the masive maps it could be fun me thinks, some pigs and a few roo's vs an m-60 dose it get any better<span id='postcolor'>

Probably because there still isn't any realistic way to create animals for OFP. You could conceivably make a static 3D model of an animal, and have it sort of hover around, but AFAIK we don't have the capability to animate 4-legged animals, birds etc. But I agree, a hunting mod would go great with OFP2 - safari anyone? smile.gif

I agree with what Hellfish6 said on the first page - i'd rather have BIS focusing on the major elements of gameplay/game engine etc. than on superfluous things like animals - just as long as the community gets the capability to make them. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

How about T-Rex, it is 2 legs biggrin.giftounge.gif

How about terrible animals, like wild cats, piranhas, snakes, tigers (if its jungle) and some lizards, crocs, and perhaps a gorilla eating bananas and making funny noises, everythink but... the flufy bunny crazy.gif , a real jungle would be very cool.

Exactly! Why not Fluffy Bunny? We should have the chance to hunt down and kill the great evil known as.... FLUFFY BUNNY!!! (Carmina Burana comes on)

Have the fluffy bunnies gang up and kill the Russians...

Actually, there's this creepy statue of a rabbit here in tianjin that everyone calls the "evil bunny" because it has red eyes and is standing in a semi upright position and looks like it is reaching out to grab you *shudder*

Anyways... I want better water. They've had better water effects in games for years.

And as for animals, a few domesticated animals, and flies. That's all i really want.

I hope there arn't any birds when i'm in the air wink_o.gif I hate a bird in my engine!!!