Sign in to follow this  
CuteQA

Animals

hope we can see some wildlife in the ofp2 smile.gif

Or, if BIS doesn't want to spent time making a couple of animals, maybe they could give us a model frame and an animation for four-legged creatures.

I mean honestly, do we really want BIS spending their time on something like animals when they could be giving us more weapons or other features? As long as the give us the capability to make animals ourselves, I'll be happy.

HEY, dogs they have to include. I just can't imagine OFP2 without K9's. smile.gif

I look forward to at least some very basic animals if not dog units. Also would be so amazing to have deadly snakes,spiters etc...

there has to be birds... if you suddenly see a huge flock of em shoot out from some trees, then they wewre prolly scared by something... that something could have been the enemy..

I wonder if it would be possible integrate animals and humans. For example, a lot of infantry units have man-dog teams, or police K9 units. With the two working together.

Or even more fun, being able to "RELEASE THE HOUNDS!", and let them give chase.

OFP already has the silly barking dog background sound, it'd be nice to finally see where it's coming from.

Nah...it'll never work...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Nah...it'll never work...<span id='postcolor'>

Well look at other games, like mohaa or mafia, that has dogs and some other animals. Animals can really increase the atmosphere smile.gif

Yeah they definitely would add to the atmoshphere.

Someone mentioned above birds suddenly taking off at the approach of someone. Or say, you're sneaking through a town or encampment, imagine how interesting it would be to startle a guard dog. Talk about a sudden change in plans...

I'd like to see some basic animals like birds, butterflies, ordinary flies and so on; just let's never forget that we aren't on a animal farm but in a tactical game smile.gif

I remember the hours of tireless searching for a cow that was mooing, i ran across the island looking but i couldn't find one. This mystery was solved when i saw the trigger sound in the editor and realised there was no animals.

Don't put animals in if they are going to be blocky and useless, maybe guard dogs that find the enemy could be good, or have cattle crossing to slow down reinforcements.

In the Hummer mission, instead of a PV3S a heard of sheep and a sheperd trying to chat to you, oblivious of the perilous danger of losing the mission if you don't get to St Marie first.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jinef @ April 25 2003,15:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I remember the hours of tireless searching for a cow that was mooing, i ran across the island looking but i couldn't find one. This mystery was solved when i saw the trigger sound in the editor and realised there was no animals.

Don't put animals in if they are going to be blocky and useless, maybe guard dogs that find the enemy could be good, or have cattle crossing to slow down reinforcements.

In the Hummer mission, instead of a PV3S a heard of sheep and a sheperd trying to chat to you, oblivious of the perilous danger of losing the mission if you don't get to St Marie first.<span id='postcolor'>

Yea i did that too. I searched all around for a dog that was barking  tounge.gif

Anyway, i think, like i said that some animals that maybe appears to be "useless" in the mission i.e a few horses around the country side, could boost up the atmosphere alot. Imagine driving around and see those things walking around... how idyllic smile.gif

K9, if done right would be great. make it able to smell your tracks for a certain range. I think other stuff would be nice but I bet it would just help lag the game. A option to have them on or off in bigger games would work.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hellfish6 @ April 25 2003,01:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Or, if BIS doesn't want to spent time making a couple of animals, maybe they could give us a model frame and an animation for four-legged creatures.

I mean honestly, do we really want BIS spending their time on something like animals when they could be giving us more weapons or other features? As long as the give us the capability to make animals ourselves, I'll be happy.<span id='postcolor'>

i think this is a good idea. BIS can work on seaguls(already in game, so need AIs worked a bit more), K9 hounds, and a fish. and use them as templates to make other animals.

My few for animals:

- Flies around are a must! Even the ancient game Deus Ex has them buzz around the bodies after so long!

- Dogs, Cows and a few other farm animals! Why? Look at Everons plentiful supply of farms but where have the animals disappeared to?!?!?!!?  wink.gif

But I hope that BIS don't spend too much time on them!

However something I feel that needs adding more importantly are multiple weapons (obvious  tounge.gif ) and I would love to be able to enter and exit vehicles more realistically! (E.g. not climbing up the vehicle & suddenly disappearing! -M113)

- Also possibly allow shooting weapons throw the holes and maybe even been able to open the doors on the vehicles!

A lot to ask for?? Hmm I don’t think so, since many games incorporated these features already! - E.g. MOHAA 1st mission with the truck!

This is just my most wanted feature list  wink.gif

Si

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ ,)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i think this is a good idea. BIS can work on seaguls(already in game, so need AIs worked a bit more), K9 hounds, and a fish. and use them as templates to make other animals. <span id='postcolor'>

Well agreed, however as we already know (I hope), animals have very different actions and reactions depending on species. I'm not exactly sure how we could take a K9 template and create a Deer. confused.gif You know, the deer which bites you is very strange. tounge.gif

I belive the perfect template would be a lama! It looks like a donkey, a horse, a (slim) cow, a camel and a zebra. And with a little imagination It looks like a German shepherd, and has some similarities with a certain kind of dolphins.

lama.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpeedyDonkey @ April 25 2003,15:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I belive the perfect template would be a lama! It looks like a donkey, a horse, a (slim) cow, a camel and a zebra. And with a little imagination It looks like a German shepherd, and has some similarities with a certain kind of dolphins.<span id='postcolor'>

Hahhahaha, a little imagination. biggrin.gif How about a monkey. I mean, if it's Vietnam aren't there monkeys. tounge.gif

Well... if you take the basic animations and fields of movement of a dog, they are almost the same as any other quadruped. You could reskin, reshape and resize a dog-sized template to look like a moose and I think many of the same animations would work. I mean, do we really want a pack of wolves chasing us down on missions? I think it would get really damn annoying really fast. And in real life, animals are so benign that you hardly even see them even when you are looking for them. If you should ever stumble across a pack of wolves, they'd probably run.

Animals would be a definate request of mine if this were SimOFP or some kind of real-world emulator, but it's not. Flashpoint2 will be a combat sim. It would certainly be cool to have the option for animals, but I really don't think its important enough to give it this much theoretical attention, let alone make a requirement out of it.

And I'm a card-carrying member of the World Wildlife Fund and Chicago Zoological Society!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hellfish6 @ April 25 2003,23:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I mean, do we really want a pack of wolves chasing us down on missions?<span id='postcolor'>

yes. OFP:Suburbian Expansion, OFP:When animals attack

tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think it would get really damn annoying really fast. And in real life, animals are so benign that you hardly even see them even when you are looking for them. If you should ever stumble across a pack of wolves, they'd probably run.

Animals would be a definate request of mine if this were SimOFP or some kind of real-world emulator, but it's not. Flashpoint2 will be a combat sim. It would certainly be cool to have the option for animals, but I really don't think its important enough to give it this much theoretical attention, let alone make a requirement out of it. <span id='postcolor'>

back on serious note. animals would be a nice niche. some ppl would love to see birds fly out of a forest and notice that there are enemies advancing throught the woods. very unlikely in most situations in war, but certainly not unheard of.

so as you said, it shouldn't get so much focus, but a simple entry and letting the community mod the rest seem to be a good idea.

I saw the story about k9 in Vietnam on Discovery or history chnnel. If the ofp2's background is Vietnam, i think k9 is a not bad idea smile.gif