Sign in to follow this  
Schoeler

The north korea thread

Remember that the NK civilians are starving.  So an NK troop fighting for a leader who's starving his family to death probably wouldn't be too loyal.

Propaganda can turn that to an advantage. North Koreans believe that the reason they are starving is the hostility of South Korea, the US and Japan towards them.

Remember that the NK civilians are starving.  So an NK troop fighting for a leader who's starving his family to death probably wouldn't be too loyal.

North Korean Loyalty

Quote[/b] ]Thanks to his inclusive politics—retaining all the old revolutionaries in their incumbent posts—Kim has been able to inherit not only his father’s leadership titles but also the sustained loyalty of the old guard.

Military Loyalty And Party Politics

As of right now, he has the full support of the military, held together by Party controls throughtout the military.

Let them eat nukes.

- Kim Jong Il

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Nutrition Facts</span>

Serving Size: 1 Nuclear weapon (2.0 Megaton)

Serving Per Container: 1

=============================

Amounts Per Serving

Calories 0            Calories from Fat  0

% Daily Value*

Total Fat 0g                                0%

Cholesterol 0g                            0%

Sodium 0mg                                0%

Total Carbohydrates 0g             0%

Sugars 0g

Protein 0g

Vitamin A  0%                    Vitamin C  0%

Calcium  0%                      Iron  0%

*Percent Daily Values based on a 2000 calorie diet

biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

-=Die Alive=-

U.S troops are redeploying farther south on the peninsula.

the UN should take over and spread the burden of SK defense with other members. U.S should reduce its 40,000 troops to 5,000 and the other powers can make up the 35,000 shortfall.

China doesn't want NK to have nukes, but it also doesn't want a capitalist system based country right next to its borders. If by any chance UN wins war and NK is incorporated in to SK, the impact on China is beyond the Chinese communist party's reach and they don't want it. so for China it is highly favorable to keep things in balance. So if NK gets attacked, China won't keep their hands off.

Quote[/b] ]There's other incentives, like the South's prosperity and resources. All Kim needs to do is to declare the blame on the North's starvation and poverty on the South.

not really. I heard that most NKs know that SK is better off, and they don't blame it on SK. NKs are based on the ideology called 'self-reliance' which basically states that they should be ready for feeding themselves.

U.S troops are redeploying farther south on the peninsula.

the UN should take over and spread the burden of SK defense with other members.  U.S should reduce its 40,000 troops to 5,000 and the other powers can make up the 35,000 shortfall.

Perhaps a year ago it might have been possible. Not now however, not after Iraq. I doubt there are many who would offer you a helping hand. Also, the biggest contirbutor of UN forces, the EU has very little interest in NK. Now, we would of course help out a friend, but there is a serious question now if America under Bush is EU's friend.

-----

Interesting link The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (NK government official home page). It's a mazing - it's like Soviet or US propaganda from the 50's. smile_o.gif

Propaganda can turn that to an advantage. North Koreans believe that the reason they are starving is the hostility of South Korea, the US and Japan towards them.

Good point, but propaganda doesn't put food in their stomachs. Unless they're -really- hungry that is.

Good point, but propaganda doesn't put food in their stomachs.  Unless they're -really- hungry that is.

You have to consider also that the story about the poor hungry NK citizens could very well be propaganda too, just from the other side of the fence.

menu_r1_c2.jpg

This could actually be a cool place to buy funky stuff. The souvenir section of the Oficial homepage of NORTH COREA! Awesome.

I want the little Kim Jong Il puppet!  biggrin_o.gif

tourism_r2_c2.jpg

lol, Visa requirements? Should I apply for 2040 earliest?

So I guess being hungry doesnt really matter as the propaganda cancels it out. Unless they understand that SK isn't really the source of their hunger woes.

So I guess being hungry doesnt really matter as the propaganda cancels it out.  Unless they understand that SK isn't really the source of their hunger woes.

No, what I said is that them being hungry might be propaganda i.e that in reallity they may not be at all as hungry as our media reports that they are.

I want to become a member of the KFA! rock.gif

This website makes me sick. crazy_o.gif

So I guess being hungry doesnt really matter as the propaganda cancels it out.  Unless they understand that SK isn't really the source of their hunger woes.

No, what I said is that them being hungry might be propaganda i.e that in reallity they may not be at all as hungry as our media reports that they are.

that would make sense unless if it weren't for the fact that they did ask for international aid a few years ago.

and recent dissidents supposedly indicated that there is some sort of agricultural problem in the 90s

I am not sure if this fits well with the topic but it does feature

Kim Jong Il and it was a too funny cartoon to pass up.

Click Here

Hihi, quite funny dude biggrin_o.gif

I am not sure if this fits well with the topic but it does feature

Kim Jong Il and it was a too funny cartoon to pass up.

Click Here

LOL! Last line on last 1-800 screen: "Offer expires soon". tounge_o.gif

The Great Leader Kim Il Sung Will Be Always With Us !!

What a great page!

I personally think North Korea should be attacked. Kim Jong Il does not pose a threat directly to the US or its allies but he probebly will sell his nukes to terrorists who themselves would use them against the US and its allies.

Quote[/b] ]I personally think North Korea should be attacked. Kim Jong Il does not pose a threat directly to the US or its allies but he probebly will sell his nukes to terrorists who themselves would use them against the US and its allies.

So you want to start another war ? Excuse me but I have to ask that. How old are you ? Have you been soldier ever ?

And where do you get your knowledge from ?

Im 23, duh, but that hardly matters. As for where I get my info from, I get it from my cousin, my dad who was in the military and of course from Fox News biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]As for where I get my info from, I get it from my cousin, my dad who was in the military and of course from Fox News

Aha. Now a lot of things are clear for me. If you don´t want to bombed to bits here I´d suggest to use information that can be doublechecked. Use links , resources from Internet and you´ll be fine, but with that vague and erm... "basic" knowledge you seem to have you won´t win a price.

There are some good debators here with sufficent military knowledge from personal experiences. This includes me (well not debator but military active at least biggrin_o.gif ). With generalizations or repeating phrases of bullmedia you won´t make your day easy.

Im 23, duh, but that hardly matters.

Your profile says you´re 21.