Sign in to follow this  
Vinsen

What would you like to see in ofp2

stealth kill would also be good

like a snap of the neck

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You can stop armored vehicles by blowung up the wheels/tracks

<span id='postcolor'>

You can already do that

I want the ability to move inside vehicles, and vehicles inside vehicles so you can transport jeeps in planes ect..

It would also be nice if there were something in between wounded and dead. Like incapacitated you would be unable to move and would bleed to death if you don't get help fast enough. A medic could slow down the bleeding but MEDEVAC would be the only way to save your life.

Swimming!

I've got lots of other things in my mind but they are all said before and it would be a waste of time to start writing them again. Longjocks said it all. Read his list on page 28.

n00b question: whats a JIP?

How about certain high-calibre weapons which can shoot through walls and such, but can't quite get through tank armour?

I really hope they dont change it so that you move like in most games, you know that sliding over the ground thing. In OFP it feels like you are actually running and crawling etc.

Other than that i just hope for a updated engine, moving in vehicles, shooting from vehicles, alot of new scripting commands, maybe some better models and overall graphics (but not a must) ehh i cant think of anything else OFP is good enough for me as it is, the rest is just nitpicking...

Well I had a very big list about what I want mostly involving modern warfere ...but I just saw www.flashpoint2.com with the `60 TV and allthough I should be , I`m not dissapointed..I like BIS way of doing things...Fortunatly I already know the stuff that I am intrested in:

- it`s gonna have a very good story...They invested time in realistic facial expresure so they will have to use it in the cutscenes...

-Better graphics are sure to be...(have you ever seen a sequal not having 2x better graphics then the first game)

I only hope for better ,friendlyer Multiplayer..Alot of people won`t play OF on multiplayer because it takes to long to connect and no J.i.P..I would also like more indor action..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (quicKsanD @ April 13 2003,20:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">have you ever seen a sequal not having 2x better graphics then the first game<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, Thief 2: The Metal Age

voice command heirarchy schemes?

in addition to voice-over-net for sockets, how about implemeting a command structure scheme for voices?

i.e.

in global mode:all can hear

in side mode:all on a side can hear

in squad mode:all on a squad can hear

in vehicle mode:all in a vehicle can hear

global mode can be the base class, and side derives from global, squad from side.

however, vehicle has to send voices over to those who are in a vehicle, regardless of squads or sides, so there has to be 2 types of global. one for pure global class(all members) and one that limits to those in a specific vehicle.(since someone from east can be captured and is stuck in west's vehicle as a prisoner-captive=true.)

and right now i can't think of any polymorphisms since it's late at night and my programming skills are pretty much nil now. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jo Man Dragon @ April 13 2003,22:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (quicKsanD @ April 13 2003,20:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">have you ever seen a sequal not having 2x better graphics then the first game<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, Thief 2: The Metal Age<span id='postcolor'>

In the case of Thief 2, it had only 1.2x better graphics smile.gif

Screw graphics! I just want the gameplizzay, and I want lots of it. And more realism- I want have to limp if I get shot in one leg, and I want to be able to throw my rifle at the enemy if I'm out of ammo. I want soldiers that can panic or go nuts in the middle of a firefight, and I want a dynamic campaign. And more vehicles, lots more vehicles- especially CAS aircraft. And I want an A-10 that somewhat resembles the real thing, instead of one with a piddly peashooter and the constant threat of being killed by a stray rifle bullet. In fact, the only graphics improvement that is *almost* a must for me is deformable terrain. We're talking foxholes, fighting positions, trenches, tunnels, shell craters, rubble from destroyed buildings, and tank traps. And an entrenching tool to make all this happen! God that would be so sweet. There could even be like a subset of OFP where you could go down to the beach with your E-tool and build sandcastles lol. And the last thing I want... I want to see it in my mailbox next week smile.gif

**The author wrote this post whilst under the influence of an acute lack of sleep, and as such is not legally responsible for any a) profanity, b) unreasonable demands, or c) personal attacks, lewd remarks, off-color jokes, threats, incoherent ramblings, or any behavior that could get the aforementioned sued.

I think most/all was mentioned before:

Grass

Fire LAW etc while standing/lying

"soft" doors

swim

ability to "dig in"

better Collisions

destructable buildings

I want to destroy tanks by throwing a grenade thru an open hatch, and the hatch should be left open when you exit the tank more realistic that way.

I tell you what, whatever Flashpoint game BIS come out with, they had better sort out the AI problems - specifically:

a) Why soldiers don't shoot you, but instead run past you. Happens to me all the time!

b) Why soldiers just sit still while their comrades are shot to bits. TAKE COVER, DAMN YOU!!

c) Why soldiers can't reload on their own -"A tank? Well, I can see a loaded LAW launcher a foot away, but I will wait for my leader to tell me to pick it up - durr, me dead" biggrin.gif

d) Why groups of vehicles get stuck (I believe the Chain Of Command's BS06-Planned Defense is an excellent example of this - all of the SUPPORT vehicles can't get by each other, then are subsequently shot to shit.)

Cheers,

Tracy

When I woke up this morning, I realized something. The sound in OFP is well, it sucks, all the tanks guns sound the same, all the shell sounds sound the same, all the reloading for rifles sounds the same. I know there is a sound pack that you can d/l, but I wouldnt mind if the official sounds sounded better.

I really wonder if anyone from BIS reads this Thread, It could really help them out. Otherwise, this thread is just hopeless rambling by disgruntal OFP players. confused.gif

Anyways, thats one improvement I want to see, er "hear" Sound.

JOIN IN PROGRESS!

A better MP gameplay. Stock MP maps that support 32+ players with respawning vehicles, a vehicle/weapons buying system.

MP basics in any game type for OFP2

- Each team has a base where they can order new vehicles. These will be flown in or just appear in a garage or whatever. At the base they have a power generator, radio, big light projectors that can be moved around to light up the landscape, minigun weapon emplacements etc. All of these can be destroyed by the other team. If the power is cut the team have to repair the power generator before they can get new vehicles and use the base defences.

- The teams also have barracks where players can go to change their clothes (class... medic, sniper etc.). They can then go to the armory to change their weapons.

- The server should be able to set the max number of each class a team can have at any time (as a percentage of the total number of players so it changes as more people join).

- When buying vehicles the teams have a pool of 1000 points and they use these to buy vehicles. A jeep could cost 50 points and a tank 300. The number of points the teams have in their pool depends on the number of players on the server of course and this should change dynamically. The pool will slowly recharge but only of the power is up on the base. And of course if the radio is destroyed it needs to be repaired befor a team can order vehicles. Weapons and ammo should also cost points.

- Medics and retriving your fallen comrades should play a bigger role. Respawn should be in but dying should be more serious. If you die you cannot just respawn. Your team mates have to come get your body and transport it back to base or get you into a medic vehicle to revive you. There should also be a chance that you are incapacitated but not really dead and in that case a medic could work on you for a minute and get you back into action. This means players should be able to pick up bodies (not enemy ones of course or it could result in some nasty laming biggrin.gif) If you are dead a medic can go to you and revive you with the option to respawn at the base or any mobile base.

- A new vehicle that when deployed makes a small mobile base where you can get new ammo, change your class and revive dead players.

- Ability for form squads in a game. Up to 8 players can form a squad. One player aims at a team mate and invites him onto the squad and this person can accept or decline. The bonus of being in a squad is that you can see your squad mates on the map at all times and perhaps they have a tag over their head that can be seen so you can better coordinate attacks. Also a squad have a special comm channel only they use. The leader of the squad will be able to set waypoints etc. on the map for players and they can see these as you can in the SP game.

- Ingame community features. You can make an army(clan) in the game and invite players to join. Send e-mails from within the game. Chatrooms in the game and forums. Kinda like Tribes2.

- Official servers that support lots of players for big battles.

- I would like to see OFP2 focus on Multi Player. Perhaps it would even be possible to play MP campaigns where the two armies battle over a number of games and one games outcome determines the next games setup.

- Accelerated time so you can experience both night and day durring a game and use that to your advantage.

-----

Nice ideas, Canis. Some of the things (money, buying vehicles, etc) you've mentioned are scripted features of RTS and CTI, check such maps out online if you haven't.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CanisDEK @ April 15 2003,10:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">- Ability for form squads in a game. Up to 8 players can form a squad. One player aims at a team mate and invites him onto the squad and this person can accept or decline.

<span id='postcolor'>

Can be made by scripting, I started a bit on something like that after an idea of Harnu.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CanisDEK @ April 15 2003,10:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

- Accelerated time so you can experience both night and day durring a game and use that to your advantage.<span id='postcolor'>

There's a script for that aswell. Used in the Red Hammer campaign.

Here's the thread I could find about it.

Hello all smile.gif , i would like to see...

-well decorated islands, Nogova is... bald confused.gif , the use of cover works best on the old islands and dispite the low res brushery and trees old islands still look better.

-balanced units for east and west (vehicals, weapons).

-realistic weapons, G36 and reloadable law should be left out.

-better looking soldier models, some more details like ammo belts on the gunner, better looking hands,arms, feet, etc...

-better light efects during daytime, sometimes it looks a bit watercolored and too bright (hard to explain...).

-abilitie to carry more equipment(ammo clips, grenades, non lethal equipment like smoke and flares).

-a good combination of forests and villages (I love Malden) big buildings and huge cities dont fit the game so well.

-realistic interaction with water, a swamp would fit very well.

-the abilitie to fastrope from helicopters

-more accurate infantry combat.

-A well polished and finished product that will make me throw all other games to the dust colecter for its unique features, feel, realism, game engine, just like opf did some time ago (take yer time smile.gif ).

WHERY IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!¨

They must include the possibility that you swap the weapon from right to left hand!!!

In Housefight, where you have to sneak on the right edge of a house, just because you cant swap your gunn to the other side! thats whery unrealistic, and every soldier in every army learns whery early to swap weapon

Although I'm right-handed, I think there should be an option make your soldier left-handed as well as right (like Quake II did). Also, switching from one hand to the other would be a nice touch.

Also, don't forget the element of FUN!!! Since Operation Flashpoint is a game it can be unrealistic in some bits.

OFP 2 WISH LIST

1- Better Graphics: More realistic terrain, as in black Hawk Down; Better simulation of destoyed buildings, vehicles and other obejcts. Better looking civilians and more variety of peoples clothing and faces.

2- Better Communication in Multiplayer: OFP needs to introduce a way for players to communicate with team members who happen to be near or next to them in the battlefield. If one could see their numbers when close (even if one is not the group leader), this would be like recognising their faces. Then you could select their number, and comunicate either by menu or text. More actions could be introduced, in addtion to salute and sit down, like point, beckon, stop, wave etc.

3- Better Communication in Single Player: The introduction of a platoon leader who can issue commands to group leaders. More strategic menu commands, that are similar to the current mission editor movement commands. ie. waypoints, to enable a higher level of strategic play.

4- Better Collision: No getting stuck or trapped in buildings.

5- Moveable ammo boxes: Movable by two players. One is leader, the other behaves as if he is in a vehicle.

6- More Vehicles and Armour: Towed artilliery guns, Mortar etc. Up to date weaponry. More support vehicles.

7- Introduction of other nations forces: United Kingdom, United Nations, etc...

8- More realism in Repair and healing functions: Les get rid of the magic wand repairing and healing, and have something more realistic.

9- Better AI : Cleverer, more capable of looking after themselves with regard to ammo, medical etc...

10- A Better Mission Editor: More fucntions, easier to use. Island editor? Buildings in the library, trees, bushes etc.

more MP fuctions

FULL ONLINE campaign buildable SUPPORT!!

Cos Every SP campaign will have an end and players will finally go to MP.

Adjusted game picture both for low & high equiped machines.

More detailed avoinic and eletronics systems for planes.

Usable building for millitary.

One thing i'd like in OFP2 :

Playable female character for every classes of uniform.

I know, it may sound stupid as i am a male asking for that, and i am not asking for like sexy looking chicks to watch in third person view rather than playing wink.gif

I have actually done some female custom faces for OFP and they somehow look weird on those male bodies, particularily when they are standing next to a male character AND i guess OFP isnt forbidden to women, is it Avon Lady ?

ff1.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Skul @ April 16 2003,15:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also, don't forget the element of FUN!!! Since Operation Flashpoint is a game it can be unrealistic in some bits.<span id='postcolor'>

I'd rather see OFP2 being totally a simulator with realism above all smile.gif That's fun IMO

Guest BratZ

Yes I think it should stay simulation too, one major thing I forgot is the ability to tow vehicles and further yet if we could have a pivot point in the models, could make Caterpillar like vehicles and such

Just a few:

Different shaped characters like children, females, tall, short, fat people etc.

String functions for scripters.

Multiple controller support (mixing and matching axis of different controllers at the same time)

Fully manual Helicopter flight option.

Support for custom mission sound folders/subfolders that work in MP.

As I posted before: AI that knows what weapons to pick up when needed. (rearm and leave the CO alone damnit) smile.gif

Proper water, not jsut sea level water either. biggrin.gif