Sign in to follow this  
N.o.R.S.u

Half-life 2 is out (and CS:Source)

Im just pissed you have to sodding activate the game over the net to even play it mad_o.gif

I used to play CS a lot but the group I played with turned in to a bunch of retards who thought rushing was the only legitimate strategy. Yay rushing onto the market place in italy time after time killing two guys and then getting killed game over try again crazy_o.gif I just stuck with the hostages and prevented their rescue (hey isn't that what the game's about?) but that just leads to whining about camping. Well if that makes me a camper then so be it! smile_o.gif

yeah people never realise that camping really should be the main tactic of the terrorists its the ct's job to come to you not for you to go to them. I moved to R6 ravensheild for this reason

Updating HL2

Ready to play in approximately:

347 minutes 1 second

Already unlocked but damn it is taking forever to download. I guess I will be able to play it when I get back home. I played some CS Source and wow its about 5 million times better than CS 1.6.

how long does it take to activate on a 128 isdn line asuming youve bought it from a shop and not downloading the thing?

CS Source is a little bit stale to me, not very much character choice, and not much new missions either.

I like Condition Zero fairly well, though it is a bit annoying with the accuracy being toned down compared to CS 1.6.

Regarding pig headed moronic CS teammates, yes I completely understand. If I had control of 4 to 6 skilled OFP players who completely trusted my command of them, it would be extremely easy to win the majority of CS matches.

I have true tactical and strategic skills and abilities to lead a team of players for most infantry sims, I just need more practice to refine it.

how long does it take to activate on a 128 isdn line asuming youve bought it from a shop and not downloading the thing?

It has nothing to do with connection speed I don't think, steam just unlocks the game files after you install it, so its more a matter of RAM and CPU speed.

A concern for the 2 people in the world who don't have an internet connection, yes. tounge_o.gif

[!Gareth Gates must die!]

Well as I understand it, you need an internet connection to activate it, and quite a lot of people I know have more than 1 pc, one for surfing the net and stuff (normally an older one or the familiy pc) and then a better one they use for gaming which doesn't have the net. So, in short, even if your pc is kick ass and whoops the recomended sys specs you're still screwed because you need the damn net to activate it. It's also flawed on another count, what if you're isp is down? What if the activation server/s are down? You're stuck with a game you can't play that you just shelled out Å35 for!

Well as I understand it, you need an internet connection to activate it, and quite a lot of people I know have more than 1 pc, one for surfing the net and stuff (normally an older one or the familiy pc) and then a better one they use for gaming which doesn't have the net. So, in short, even if your pc is kick ass and whoops the recomended sys specs you're still screwed because you need the damn net to activate it. It's also flawed on another count, what if you're isp is down? What if the activation server/s are down? You're stuck with a game you can't play that you just shelled out Å35 for!

I recall that it has to be activated only during install.

OK OK I HAvE JUST GOT H-L 2 from a SHOP!!

I Inserted the disk.. it asked to install i clicked yes.. it installed steam and then asked if i wanted to install HL2 or CS-S which is free with HL2 i said install both.. then once its doing that you wait.. lol then when thats done you you have to reg with steam.. (its free) then you click.. i already have a product key which comes in the box.. you type that in.. then it loads up loads of files then. when you click play HL2 steam unlocks all these locked files then you can play.. [note it only unlocks the files once for the first time you go to play]

and thats how is goes..

you need the net to play.. for when steam is installing things..

Quote[/b] ]And no you cant copy it!!
Quote[/b] ]need the net to activate something in the install which is needed to play the game.. once you have it you can play the game without the net.. but you cant acces the file when the game is activated

so thats about it..cant remeber if i missed something out.. 2 busy playing lamo..

Just think of all the little whining CS'ers you'll now avoid by not buying it! It's what makes life worth living... knowing our community isn't full of a load of pre-pubesant retarded and uneducated pricks who can only play CS because they hacked the AOL filters.

Me too. My comp probably doesn't run it anyway, and I'm first gonna watch what the reviews make of it and make my own mind at a friends place before I even start considering buying it. It'll need a large upgrading and a garantee that the singleplayer wil be as good as Half-life 1 to get me interested

I would buy it but this online registration is just too much obligation. I AM BUYING A PRODUCT which is supposed to give me pleasure and at the same time must be convenient to use.

What is that. First they dont let journalists check the game in their own offices before release and then this silly step. Screw you, I rather use the money to get wasted with a few friends!

Screw you, I rather use the money to get wasted with a few friends!

Good choice! Good thing you read the "Ever tried quitting smoking/alcohol"-thread a while back Albert, certainly gave you a sense of priority crazy_o.gifsmile_o.gifbiggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

Well, I am buying this game as soon as I get enough money. But I am inclined to agree with Albert. The obligatory validation/activation is silly! I bought the product, I shouldn't HAVE to install STEAM, I shouldn't HAVE to validate the product via the internet. It's my money spent, and my time enjoying what I got for my money that is going to waste. A definate minus to Valve here, but not the game. I am sure.

That's exactly my problem, my father has the I-Net computer, and I've got an own one, which is not connected to the internet, because it stands in just 7 meters over my head, and the walls are too thick for wireless lan. In addition I got a nvidia graphic card, so I'm already fooled sad_o.gif

I would buy it but this online registration is just too much obligation. I AM BUYING A PRODUCT which is supposed to give me pleasure and at the same time must be convenient to use.

What is that. First they dont let journalists check the game in their own offices before release and then this silly step. Screw you, I rather use the money to get wasted with a few friends!

It only authorises online becuase it's attachin the CD key to your account, so no more "Your CD key is in use problems" becuase some little prick has randomly generated your CD key.

whats so bad about them invititing journalists around to play it? maybe they dont have the option of enabling certain accounts on steam to allow people to play?

That's exactly my problem, my father has the I-Net computer, and I've got an own one, which is not connected to the internet, because it stands in just 7 meters over my head, and the walls are too thick for wireless lan. In addition I got a nvidia graphic card, so  I'm already fooled sad_o.gif

1st of all, you only need to activate once so if it goes down (not likely) and you have already activated it don't matter.

secondly, if you have one internet and one gaming pc, it aint hard to activate the thing.

Quote[/b] ]My friend has no Internet connection, how can he set things up so he can play offline?

Answer on a postcard or <a href="http://steampowered.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/steampowered.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=213&p_created=1094245645&p_sid=O55wcGqh&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MjAmcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT1zZWFyY2hfbm

wmcF9wcm9kX2x2bDE9JnBfY2F0X2x2bDE9JnBfY2F0X2x2bDI9JnBfcGFnZT0xJnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9YWN0aXZh

dGluZw**&p_li=" target="_blank">CLICK ME</a>