Sign in to follow this  
InQUisiToR

High detail weapons

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FuseBox @ 27 April 2003,20:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">whats so wrong if they look the same? an ak should look like an ak  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The "wrong" thing is both are (kind of) the same models. And you don't want two identical AK74's in two separate addons, do you?

Nope we dont want to have that, so I download the ones from INQ. if you dont mind biggrin.gif

If he releases them *crossing fingers* wink.gif

You DO realize that our AK74's were made LONG before Inquisitor's. We could release them now, but we want to add more weapons to the weapon pack.

are you going to change the muzzle brake on your (RSS) AK74?? cause the one that it has right now (the one from FA) looks like crap.

I was only kidding around, yours I`ll download also tounge.gif

There is a tricky part to CS conversions -> polycounts. On most of the weapons I saw from inquisitor the polycounts are way too high for weapons and would be unuseble in MP matches and slow comps. Our weapons are chosen so that they dont exceed 950 polys in pilot view.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Soul_Assassin @ 03 May 2003,01:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There is a tricky part to CS conversions -> polycounts. On most of the weapons I saw from inquisitor the polycounts are way too high for weapons and would be unuseble in MP matches and slow comps. Our weapons are chosen so that they dont exceed 950 polys in pilot view.<span id='postcolor'>

Why do you think he calls them "EYECANDY"?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ZLOY @ 28 April 2003,03:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">are you going to change the muzzle brake on your (RSS) AK74?? cause the one that it has right now (the one from FA) looks like crap.<span id='postcolor'>

It's fixed. I'm also checking out alternate recievers, since I didn't like the one I had.

inquisitor didn't do the models, which are the easiest part. Same for the textures, which are the 2nd hardest part. But what he did do was write OFP .cpp and port them over, which is substantially harder and I respect him for that.

Kegety's RPG-7 addon lets you drop the ammo and have it show up in game as a model of the rocket grenade. If you drop an M60 mag, will it show the belt/box?

the weaponpack will be finished soon...

here some new optics

optik_ak.jpg

optik_m16.jpg

optik_m60.jpg

optik_m203.jpg

optik_reflex.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC_Mike @ 03 May 2003,08:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">inquisitor didn't do the models, which are the easiest part. Same for the textures, which are the 2nd hardest part. But what he did do was write OFP .cpp and port them over, which is substantially harder and I respect him for that.<span id='postcolor'>

You are joking right? Making a cpp takes two minutes, the hardest thing is the textures which can take days if not weeks to perfect, then modelling which may only take a few days, porting them over takes about 5 minutes.

Evis is right, I have 75 Counter Strike weapons mainely taken from here http://www.weapon-hacks.com/html/index.php

I have them in my computer cause I absolutely love them, however it as always been my policy do don't release something I haven't worked at least 75% of it, or at least where I worked as a team menber. I mean anybody can have any Counter Strike weapon in game, it's just a bit of work, maybe 10 minutes for a weapon no more, and perssonaly I'm happier to make a crappy weapon 100% mine and than release it, than to be releasing one that isn't mine.

However I think it's fair that some addon makers like to share others people work with the community, so I respect that, it's not my policy but i respect it.

However the CS weapons have one problem as I said to the TOW guys too, we have to be very carefull with the amount of polys, cause if the weapon isn't worked properly in O2, it will LAG the game a lot,and as STT said, be sure to don't use many 512x512 texture files, I had that problem once, so I had to redo all the weapons in order to improove my gameplay and I have a fast computer, so in a slow one the effect would be a disgrace.

Please be carefull with that  wink.gif

i odnt know why thye cant just make there own, i mean cs in this community is regarded as a desease that nobody likes, but u will take the weps and use them as ur own (not in inquis's case) but RSS never said anyhting about them being CS rippages.

Man if it really bothers you so much dont download the pack. We have worked our share on the pack and would never release them without crediting the authors. I'm not going to explain things again I already stated my point in the Red Star Studios update thread so go and read.

Why are people telling us to reinvent the wheel which originally is of great quality? They lok great, work great, sound great whyyyy do u want me to make one.

And if u never herd us telling they were conversions then it doesnt mean we didnt state it.

I dont understand this either: If there is a good model around and you can use it. Why not? You dont have to talk to the mamebers of the CS community to use the excellent weapon models some make. I dont dread the CS community as a discease, that is why some dread it i guess. Since CS players are extremly rough and tough if you critizise them or CS, but keeping a close mind and saying that CS is crap is taking it to the CS level. And also not all CS players are idiots or little children, most are normal people (belive it or not!wink.gif The bad ones are the ones that show, look at the Opflash.org forums... if i didn't know better i'd think they were all little children that havent gotten thier nappy in time.

I play CS and i suck at it! Just use the models if it saves time, OFP mods take allot of time allready ... so why make things from scratch if you dont need to?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MLF @ 09 May 2003,16:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i odnt know why thye cant just make there own, i mean cs in this community is regarded as a desease that nobody likes, but u will take the weps and use them as ur own (not in inquis's case) but RSS never said anyhting about them being CS rippages.<span id='postcolor'>

They aren't. And plus we DID state they were from Firearms (I'm talking about the AK74/AK10X here), and then 2 were from CS. If you don't like what we are doing, don't download it, see who gives much of a damn.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You are joking right? Making a cpp takes two minutes, the hardest thing is the textures which can take days if not weeks to perfect, then modelling which may only take a few days, porting them over takes about 5 minutes.

<span id='postcolor'>

This is only if you do an individual weapon, and actually it takes about 10 minutes to get it in O2 from whatever program you used to open the model, and then try to position it right and scale it. If you are doing a huge pack (like the Crime City one), it takes quite a while to get around 30 weapons right. LOD's, positioning, the CPP, bugs, texture problems, etc, this takes LOTS of time to make.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ 11 May 2003,00:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is only if you do an individual weapon, and actually it takes about 10 minutes to get it in O2 from whatever program you used to open the model, and then try to position it right and scale it. If you are doing a huge pack (like the Crime City one), it takes quite a while to get around 30 weapons right. LOD's, positioning, the CPP, bugs, texture problems, etc, this takes LOTS of time to make.<span id='postcolor'>

It still pales in comparison to the amount of time the author of the weapon spent texturing and modelling.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ 11 May 2003,00:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ 11 May 2003,00:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is only if you do an individual weapon, and actually it takes about 10 minutes to get it in O2 from whatever program you used to open the model, and then try to position it right and scale it. If you are doing a huge pack (like the Crime City one), it takes quite a while to get around 30 weapons right. LOD's, positioning, the CPP, bugs, texture problems, etc, this takes LOTS of time to make.<span id='postcolor'>

It still pales in comparison to the amount of time the author of the weapon spent texturing and modelling.<span id='postcolor'>

I know. smile.gif

Sorry if this has been asked before: but will these high detail weapons include high detail sounds? smile.gif

Hey, could you add tracers to the new weapons. They're totally amazing, so that kind of ruins the feel, when other weapons have tracers!