Sign in to follow this  
CuteQA

Toyota hilux with 12.6mm mounted kord machine gun.

Toyota Hilux with 12.6mm Mounted KORD Machine gun made by Lt Damage

hiluxmg.jpg

DL from CZ by clickinghere

Really fantastic Picture to promote an addon!

Ugly Textures on a ugly island with a ugly model and nobody will notice that you can see the desert behind the house through the Front Window of the car..... and so on...

Sorry but the time "we" download every addon because it´s new are over.

It is ugly, but it is good thing for your LAW to blow smile.gif

the funny thing is the picture say it is Toyota but the handle has ford's mark tounge.gif

There's no such caliber as 12.6mm. You must mean 12.7mm!

Guest BratZ

Hard to see in the pic? Please be easy on the modmaker, everyone wanted a pickup with a mg.

Didn't say whether it was beta?

The 12.6mm had me confused also.

.....If this is meant to be a 'Technical' then the Kord is a very bad machinegun to choose, its the newest Russian heavy machine gun, being a new russian gun, its not very widespread being mainly the T-90's AA gun and seeing limited infantry use, something better would be either the NSV(introduced in 1960) or DShK(introduced in 1933 I believe)

only thign that amkes this bad is its on the west side.. put it on East or resistance and i dont give a ____ what it looks like.. its gonna get a nice warm and hard AT4 in the side of it..

good job whoever made it.. u just didnt give much thought of it puttin on the west side.

dude are you ppl that fecking lazy to depbo it and fix the ccp? omg god forbid any of u actualy do something!

Exceptions list (from this post):

Eviscerator

BratZ

LandShark-AL

Wonder

CoolCarlos2002

Edit:

Have a nice day  smile.gif

To Tall if we dePBO the addon and change it the next thing you know is there will be around 25 versions on the vehicle. Now think about it this way, I make a mission where i use this vehicle but you have editted the .ccp differently to me. Oh boy we're going to have alot of fun

Modifying the pbo causes multiplayer compatability issues.

There is a much easier method - when you save your mission.sqm find the vehicle in the sqm and change it's side from WEST to EAST. Another way to do this is just group it with a russian/somalian/other country soldier or squad officer. You don't have to waste your time depboing it smile.gif

I love this ugly piece of shit! biggrin.gif

I mean, its a much needed addon for my militia dudes(although I wanted an "iraqi" pink one) but oh well.

Ya, it needs some big time fixes but at least now, somebody might fix this one or make better one.

I'd much rather have a good version of this addon than ANOTHER M16 variant. crazy.gif

To all criticising this addon, remember two things -

1. Yes, from all indications it is a Beta, so I assume there will be more work done on it

2. Everyone was asking for a technical, someone puts one out and all you can do is whinge. Would you rather noone had a go?

Cut the maker some slack, jeez. OK, it needs some model and teture work, but why not offer constructive comments about what youd like to see improved instead of just whining how ugly it is.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Koolkid101 @ April 08 2003,02:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also its his first addon.<span id='postcolor'>

Exactly. It's only through trial and error, and experience, that great addon makers are created. smile.gif

Imagine if people had bad mouthed Kegetys, Sucheys, Eviscerators, Flippers, etc early addons, to the point where theyd given up. Imagine all the great addons we'd never have. wink.gif

To the maker I'll say research, research, research. The poor kid probably didn't know where to start going about making one. The timing was excellent for me personally but I'd appreciate it even more if more quality had been put into it.

i agree with oxpecker bout time someone made one of these. it aint pretty, but who cares? ur only gonna blow it up anyway. chill yall

Wow. wink.gif Tell me what you really think.

I finished the beta last night and sent it to ofpinfo to get some feedback. I guess i was asking for it.

I am sorry for those who are disappointed. The only thing I've made before this was a bayonet. But this isn't the final release and I didn't put it in ADDONS COMPLETE, because well, its not complete.

I will put more work into the visuals and try and fix the windscreens, I do not yet understand why you can see through the windscreen in areas right through the car or the desert behind, I am still learning but its definately something I am aiming to fix. This is a beta though and I wanted to get it out so people could give me feedback and I can prioritize what I need to fix.

I chose the kord simply because it was a machine gun I thought was well done and AKM74 gave me permission to use it.

I am sorry about the quality of it but I must stress I sent this to OFP info as a beta with a readme that specified it was beta and that ongoing work was being done on it.

I appreciate your feedback guys and will do everything I can to make it better. I will be changing it to side Resistance also.

If the machine gun is really such a problem can anyone suggest a suitable mounted mg for a technical?

Also I know it's ugly, the idea is that its all beaten up, it has metal armor welded on and its supposed to be for fun, what 'technical' has a V8 engine like this one? biggrin.gif

Kind regards,

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lt_Damage @ April 08 2003,04:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If the machine gun is really such a problem can anyone suggest a suitable mounted mg for a technical?<span id='postcolor'>

I would suggest the PK from GFX707s MG pack, or maybe a modified version of the DSHK from Sebnampack 2.