Sign in to follow this  
CuteQA

Toyota hilux with 12.6mm mounted kord machine gun.

This is what I meant by the air-intake on the hood. The version with the 12.7mm gun doesn't have it on the hood. I'm glad because you don't see Toyotas like this very often in the Middle East. That's more of an American modification.

hilux.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I love the car mate, now i need a kingcab 1987 i think, that is the coolest utility vehicle, and makes great "technicals" saw a pink one with a PKM mounted on top in Chechenya looked hilarous with three or four guys that looked really "bad-ass" standing on a pink truck. Sorry not related to the topic at all sad.gif

<BUG ALERT>

hi great addon!

but i found two bugs that could be easaly addressed smile.gif

The first is the back bumper, there is a hole where a number plate could be.

The next is the tyre traack left by the car: only one tyre makes a mark and when you look at it closely you see a faint tank track.

sorry to be critical but this would make the addon better!

Nice addon although it still need some work. especially the inside around doors, roof and floor. You should change the color of it also since its very bright maybe to a dark red or blue. Also here's some ideas for making a greater line of technicals.

-Version with a M2 50cal

-Version with a SPG-9 Recoilles Rifle

spg-9.jpg

-Take the Civil PV3S or the east Ural and remove roof and benches on the back and ask permision to add one of the already made ZU-23's on the back. (On picture roof isnt completely removed but think it will look better all removed)

chechnyamilpvo09.jpg

-Make versions of all above with spraycan camo (very rough paint job)

Well haveing rocketlaunchers on cars is not possible in ofp but i suppose to work around it you could code it as a bullet like in that hummer pack with the tow

Damn, you really did a good job with the clean up. I fyou can get it any better then this, you will be up there with the other top addons. Great job so far biggrin.gif

@Miles Teg:

Ok yeah I did not add the intake on the hood to both versions. There are two versions with the pack, and I only added it to the sport version with the v8.

@punishment

The hole I can fix I think, I didn't realise it was there, Thanks. smile.gif

The tracks I will have to investigate, I can fix it so it leaves proper tyre tracks, i am pretty sure, however it is up to the OFP engine to determine what sort of tracks it leaves.

I appreciate your feedback, thankyou.

@dkraver

I know the texturing needs work, the inside around the doors and below the back window were finished hastily (obviously) as I was running out of time. I will try to fix it as time permits.

m2 .50cal is doable, if its really wanted.

SPG-9 Recoilles Rifle, has anyone made one? I would not be opposed to mounting one on the back if someone makes the weapon model for me.

The Civil PV3S sounds like an interesting project. If I could get a hold of the BIS version if the guy who made the Zu-23 gave permission to use it I might do it.

Regarding the paint job, The texturing is the part I hated most about this addon making business, I am not good at it and not confident enough to change the colour scheme. The reason its the colour it is is because thats how the pictures turned out when I took pictures of a Hilux in the next streeet from me.

I think you should add some camo textures as well, maybe spraypaint "FIA" onto it, also some rust textures would look cool, and a version with UCE's Middle Eastern guys too. Great work anyways Lt. Damage, the newer version blows the old one right outta the water. smile.gif

BTW, I just wanted to mention that the wheels you made for it are some of the best I've seen in an OFP car. smile.gif It's a small thing, but when the wheels aren't flat at the side it makes quite a difference.

@USMC Sniper

Thankyou, I hope to make it better still. I will try doing camo, I am not sure how successful I will be.

Here is a site with more pictures:

OGN Forums: Hilux Pics

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (rouge1 @ April 24 2003,00:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well haveing rocketlaunchers on cars is not possible in ofp but i suppose to work around it you could code it as a bullet like in that hummer pack with the tow<span id='postcolor'>

A recoilless rifle acts a lot more like a cannon than a rocket launcher anyway.

Yeah the SPG-9 is an unguided rocket launcher (a recoiless rifle to be exact). It's basically a bazooka on steroids. It still is widely used by the Russian Army as well as many military forces all over the world as it is cheap, portable, and very effective. If I'm not mistaken I believe it uses the same projectile as the 73mm cannon on the BMP-1 (a heat assisted HE, or HEAT round). The U.S. Army once had a similar weapon but I'm not sure why it was dropped from the arsenal.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I don't think a HEATSHELL can be fired from an MG class vehicle? Or wheeled vehicle at all..?

Just tested new verison out, Very great work i know your working on it to make it better thank you! Keep up the damn good work! Also it would be badass if its posible to make a flatbed truck have soliders sit on the sides and a MG in the middle i belive i saw that in BHD.

Guest BratZ

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lt_Damage @ April 24 2003,04:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't think a HEATSHELL can be fired from an MG class vehicle? Or wheeled vehicle at all..?<span id='postcolor'>

Sure it can,just config the ammo as heat,same with rocket launcher ...you can have a rotating rocket launcher turret ...just cant have a rotating rocket proxy

But there is ways around that we all know

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (TaNK_Em @ April 24 2003,16:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just tested new verison out, Very great work i know your working on it to make it better thank you! Keep up the damn good work! Also it would be badass if its posible to make a flatbed truck have soliders sit on the sides and a MG in the middle i belive i saw that in BHD.<span id='postcolor'>

I was going to do that last night, I have to find a proxy for them sitting down like that, I don't know if one exists that has them sitting right on the floor, as there is no seats in it they'd look weird with the normal passenger proxy.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BratZ @ April 24 2003,16:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lt_Damage @ April 24 2003,04:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't think a HEATSHELL can be fired from an MG class vehicle? Or wheeled vehicle at all..?<span id='postcolor'>

Sure it can,just config the ammo as heat,same with rocket launcher ...you can have a rotating rocket launcher turret ...just cant have a rotating rocket proxy

But there is ways around that we all know<span id='postcolor'>

Ok well if someone makes the model and textures a recoilless rifle is a go.

I think an M2 is a good idea... they had a lot of them in BHD at least, and its a cool gun n e way. also, (this would be nice but its not necessary) maybe a more battered look. this looks like its brand new, as if toyota made it in two versions, one with a gun and one for family use wink.gif . its just an idea. dont if you dont want to though.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (the_unknown_one @ 30 April 2003,17:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think an M2 is a good idea... they had a lot of them in BHD at least, and its a cool gun n e way. also, (this would be nice but its not necessary) maybe a more battered look. this looks like its brand new, as if toyota made it in two versions, one with a gun and one for family use  wink.gif . its just an idea. dont if you dont want to though.<span id='postcolor'>

Perhaps in the BHD movie, but in real life from the news coverage I saw on Somalia, the technicals were for the most part equipped with the Russian DShK heavy machine gun seen on this addon.

Still a Toyota with a M2 mounted on it might be nice as it has been used in conflicts all over the world such as in Latin America. But I'd rather first see the version with a recoiless rifle such as the Russian SPG-9. smile.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Update coming soon..

theboard.jpg

hiluxv21.jpg

The URAL+ZU32 is taking a bit longer than expected, mainly because i don't have as much time as i really need.

If someone wants to help me finish this particular addon it'd be much appreciated smile_o.gif

ural4.jpg

I hope you keep the normal version white truck with gun on back for the realism factor. Those extras cost alot of money.

That Hilux is looking great! Which maybe is the only thing I can think is "wrong" with it...I mean it looks like it's just come out of the showroom or carwash rock.gif I see it being used by a gang of terrorists or bank robbers in a big city but I can't see it being used by a bunch of Congolese militias in the brush sad_o.gif But the model looks great and it looks really nice smile_o.gif I also really like the idea of the Ural ZU-23...I couldn't quite make out in the image if it was towed or if it was actually mounted on the Ural.Either would be great, but especially a towed version smile_o.gif

Another good idea would be the UAZ with the machine gun on back to compete with the U.S. jeep with machine gun on back.

The Hilux in the pics is the Hilux Sport, the pack always comes with a normal one for "technical" use and a sport one for fun.

Ural has the SU mounted.

Impressive! Cant wait for the Ural/AA combo! Do you intend to make east and res versions of it?

Keep the good stuff coming smile_o.gif

TopCover

LOL - did you scan that billboard off a packet of frangers? tounge_o.gif

Oh, the updates look great BTW...