Sign in to follow this  
CuteQA

Toyota hilux with 12.6mm mounted kord machine gun.

Ok I will change the mounted MG.

Other fixes in the works:

Those damn windscreens. (Anyone know why it does that?)

Side change to Resistance. (If it's Resistance then it can be used with east or Resistance).

General model cleanup and cleaner texturing.

Structural changes - axels for wheels.

Interior cleanup texturing / faces.

config changes for better AI.

Once again guys thanks for the feedback. smile.gif

biggrin.gif

What goes up must come down. Nice addon idea. I hope he improves it or this addon inspires others. Especially since we see the use of technicals and suicide vehicles in the current conflict.

Lt_Damage,

You'll probably want to shoot me for even recommending this, but how about a Resistance AND East version of your technical? Maybe give the Resistance version a nice little "FIA" on the door. smile.gif

I can do that, no major work involved. I may make the pink one for Resistance and the current texture scheme on east side. I'll see what happens, I really need to research these windscreens first.

edit - Can a mod please move this to ADDONS & MODS DISCUSSION, its not complete yet, nor was it intended to be posted here so i think that forum is more appropriate.

Regards,

Guest BratZ

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lt_Damage @ April 08 2003,04:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Those damn windscreens. (Anyone know why it does that?)<span id='postcolor'>

I think in the layers, notice my Beta Corsair you can't see the prop from inside

All I did was change the layers (O2 option/Faces/ Move alpha etc..)

Now it works like its supposed to,I have also seen things disappear from behind it if its not layered properly (usually other transparant textures)

Keep up the great work! I know it takes many many hours

When I'm more than 2 feet away from it, the textures look like a lady just took it for a spin through a WALLMART parking lot(it's all beat to shit).

EDIT: From CNN

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Iraqis who were taken prisoner were driving a pink pickup truck with a light machine gun mounted on the back of that when they were put out of business. They must not have put up much resistance; otherwise they would've been taken out very, very quickly.

COSTELLO: Tell us more about this pink pickup truck, that must have been a bizarre sight for the troops.

RODGERS: It was, indeed. It was a pink pickup truck, your normal Japanese issue. But the Iraqi soldiers had mounted a 7.62-millimeter light machine gun atop that. Palestinians have been doing that for years when they were in Beirut. And on the right corner of the windshield, there was a [New York Police Department] bumper sticker pasted up.<span id='postcolor'>

Ah damn.... I love the sounds the kord makes when it hits objects, and as they fly by. Maybe you can add the sounds of that to another mg.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BratZ @ April 08 2003,15:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lt_Damage @ April 08 2003,04:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Those damn windscreens. (Anyone know why it does that?)<span id='postcolor'>

I think in the layers, notice my Beta Corsair you can't see the prop from inside

All I did was change the layers (O2 option/Faces/ Move alpha etc..)

Now it works like its supposed to,I have also seen things disappear from behind it if its not layered properly (usually other transparant textures)

Keep up the great work! I know it takes many many hours<span id='postcolor'>

Thankyou Bratz, that is very useful information, I will see if I can get the windscreens working but adjusting these alpha layers.

Thanks smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CanadianTerror @ April 08 2003,15:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">When I'm more than 2 feet away from it, the textures look like a lady just took it for a spin through a WALLMART parking lot(it's all beat to shit).

EDIT: From CNN

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Iraqis who were taken prisoner were driving a pink pickup truck with a light machine gun mounted on the back of that when they were put out of business. They must not have put up much resistance; otherwise they would've been taken out very, very quickly.

COSTELLO: Tell us more about this pink pickup truck, that must have been a bizarre sight for the troops.

RODGERS: It was, indeed. It was a pink pickup truck, your normal Japanese issue. But the Iraqi soldiers had mounted a 7.62-millimeter light machine gun atop that. Palestinians have been doing that for years when they were in Beirut. And on the right corner of the windshield, there was a [New York Police Department] bumper sticker pasted up.<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

Thanks! I don't know if i was going for ultra-realism for this rather than just good fun but I'll look at what 7.62mm options I have for the mounted mg.

Thanks mate smile.gif

Oh and hmm, looks like the LOD isn't working properly, I have a 0.000 lod and a 0.35 which I thought was for 350meters away... if its doing it at 2meters something weird is happening.. sigh.. so much to learn so little time. confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lt_Damage @ April 08 2003,05:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thanks! I don't know if i was going for ultra-realism for this rather than just good fun but I'll look at what 7.62mm options I have for the mounted mg.<span id='postcolor'>

If it's to be a soviet based MG (which seems to fit with technicals) then the mounted PK from GFX707 mg pack is pretty good, if you can get permissions from him to use it.

If not I will see if AKM74 has made one I can use as he has already been kind enough to allow me to use the KORD.

Cheers,

hey i love this "beta" been doing an AI vs player gunner to gunner battle ...quite fun actualy. anyway i wanted to ask if u could get that gun to rotate 360. i want to be able to shoot over the roof too. thanks smile.gif

oh and as for it being on west side. put an empty one adn put east soilders in it.. is it really that hard? (for the ppl who complained earlier)

did u know if u ram the enemy truck as ur moving ur truck jumps over his. its pretty cool. oh and if it drives at high speeds it bounces. is it suppose to do that? either way its cool and i like it smile.gif (look forward to hte improvments thou)

Well I originally had it rotate 360 but the gunner starts moving outside the vehicle and it looks crazy. I'm not sure how to get around that problem.

I am modifying it to the Resistance side, it was what I always planned to do anyway.

Could, I like the idea of it doing jumps, sounds fun. I have no idea why it gets so much air when the AI is driving it. I have it in one of my Mogadishu missions and the AI go nuts it in, they speed around corners and once they even had an accident, crashed into a wall and died. I think its great smile.gif

Improvements are in the works smile.gif

there is a bug with the gunner if I install this addon in my addon folders all the other vehicles with MG the gunner positions are the same kneeling look at the orginal jeep MG and you see what I mean crazy.gif

Ok, I know what is causing that. I will fix it in the next beta release.

ya he sticks out he vehicals already...so have it turn 360..if it looks too werid for ya.. extend the bed by about 2 or 3 ft

Personally I'd rather see the DShK 12.7mm heavy machine gun from the SEB NAM 2 addon pack. The reason being is that the DShK is the most common machine gun found mounted on the Somali "technicals" and on many of the toyata pickups they've shown used by Iraqi soldiers. Also please remove the armor panels and just make the Toyota pickup look like a normal Toyota pickup truck. I've never seen one with armored panels on it. The Toyota's used in the Middle East also usually don't have oversized wheels and custom shock absorbers like the Toyota pickups you find in Texas or something. Over there they're just plain, normal looking Toyota pickups except with the machine gun mount on the back.

Other things that need fixing:

1. Please make the machine gun fire in a 360 degree circle.

2. Put the machine gun up on a mount so that the gunner is standing up. The way it is now, the gunner is squatting and sticks out the side of the model as he turns the gun.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I agree with Miles about the machine gun. That would be a great one to use IMO.

Another thing though, I love the engine sound but is there any way to clean it up a bit?

Hmm, I didn't originally intend to make this a fully realistic 'technica'

It was mainly for fun, it was posted in here as a technical originally but that wasn't my idea. confused.gif

I will make a second version that is more realistic as I do not wish to change the big wheels and other fun stuff with it. I'll finish this model off first and the ultra-realism version will be available shortly after.

As far as the machine gun goes who made the DShK 12.7mm so I can ask permission to use it?

I will have to mount the MG different so it swings on a smaller area, then make the proxy guy stand up. I can't widen the tray.

I believe(but am not sure) that Ebud from the Seb Nam 2 Mod made it. It was one of those guys anyways.

As far as making it realistic, make it how you want but if people ask you to do a realistic one because it's a needed/wanted addon that people will use in missions...that's hardly a bad thing.

2 versions is a good idea as you said. smile.gif

I haven't received replies from GFX707 or EBUD regarding permission to use the mounted MG's so I cannot complete it unless I use the KORD, I will use the KORD for now and I can change the MG later.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lt_Damage @ April 09 2003,01:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hmm, I didn't originally intend to make this a fully realistic 'technica'

It was mainly for fun, it was posted in here as a technical originally but that wasn't my idea.  confused.gif

I will make a second version that is more realistic as I do not wish to change the big wheels and other fun stuff with it. I'll finish this model off first and the ultra-realism version will be available shortly after.

As far as the machine gun goes who made the DShK 12.7mm so I can ask permission to use it?

I will have to mount the MG different so it swings on a smaller area, then make the proxy guy stand up. I can't widen the tray.<span id='postcolor'>

The DShK was modelled by me and textured by ebud, however i believe only SelectThis has the final model in MLOD, so you'd have to email him ( w-chen@bigpond.net.au )

SelectThis messaged me and will send me the files via email.

Thanks guys.

As for when the next version is released it could be very soon if I can get the textures sorted. I have touched up the model itself but I have been trying to teach myself texturing but i'm just getting nowhere.

I may have to release it with the metal armor textures because I do not know how to make proper car panels etc.