Sign in to follow this  
Warin

The Dogs of War

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Mar. 25 2003,02:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (brgnorway @ Mar. 25 2003,02:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">For someone who works up such a fine sense of moral outrage over all the crimes of TBA, you sure seem to be fatalistic about the crimes of the Iraqi regime. <span id='postcolor'>

Oh, I'm so tired of telling you this over and over again. Saddam is a murderous bastard and should be sent to hell.

Only one problem with that and that is to what cost?<span id='postcolor'>

What cost? That's simple: about 80 billion dollars, a couple thousand Coalition casualties, several thousand Iraqi military casualties, and about a thousand (tops) Iraqi civilian casualties. And an increase in anti-American sentiment in the world (but this will happen anyways, n'est-ce pas?) What do you get for this?

A Saddam-free Iraq. This alone, in my opinion, is worth the price of admission.

Lifting of UN sanctions, leaving Iraq free to cash in on its considerable natural resources. Within a decade, Iraq could be one of the more prosperous countries in the region, and democratic no less.

A possible resolution of the tensions between the ethnic groups within Iraq. Possibly. That's still a ways off, but a distinct possibility.

And from a US-centric point of view, a complete and final assurance that weapons manufactured under Saddam's regime will not fall into the hands of terrorists.

There you go.<span id='postcolor'>

I believe your intentions are good - but the result is (I think) going to be a surprise.

Just to keep this reply in the right thread: I'm stunned that so many of you believe the war will be over when Baghdad and the butcher falls! If anything I predict there will be bombings and other terrorattacks and generally instability. The war will perhaps be over as a campaign - but I bet the fighting will continue - perhaps like in Chechny, Afghanistan etc.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

I believe your intentions are good - but the result is (I think) going to be a surprise.

Just to keep this reply in the right thread: I'm stunned that so many of you believe the war will be over when Baghdad and the butcher falls! If anything I predict there will be bombings and other terrorattacks and generally instability. The war will perhaps be over as a campaign - but I bet the fighting will continue - perhaps like in Chechny, Afghanistan etc.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, there's only one way to find out, isn't there?

Besides, for the record, who pointed out in the first place that a postwar Iraq is a potential powder-keg? Almost anything that happens, good or bad, won't surprise me. In fact, the only thing that will surprise me is if everything goes smoothly in a post-war Iraq. And I think that as soon as humanitarian aid starts flowing (give it a few days), and Iraqi civilians begin to feel what it's like to not be under a brutal regime, then I think the will to resist will begin to fade, and eventually dissappear (at least in liberated areas). Remember, it's all about hearts and minds- propaganda and counter-propaganda. Currently Iraq has a 25-year headstart on us, so of course it will seem for a while that things arent going so well in our department. But give it time- recall that the war is about 5 days old lol.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (brgnorway @ Mar. 24 2003,17:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I believe your intentions are good - but the result is (I think) going to be a surprise.

Just to keep this reply in the right thread: I'm stunned that so many of you believe the war will be over when Baghdad and the butcher falls! If anything I predict there will be bombings and other terrorattacks and generally instability. The war will perhaps be over as a campaign - but I bet the fighting will continue - perhaps like in Chechny, Afghanistan etc.<span id='postcolor'>

I think after the Regime is removed your're going to see some limited Guerilla warfare from scattered Republican Guard troops and terrorist attacks from opportunist extremists and IIS officers.

Once the Iraqi people start getting fed and find out that we're not there to eat their precious babies or steal their oil they're going to be cautious, but welcoming. The quicker we get the country on its feet and get out, the better for everyone involved.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Othin @ Mar. 25 2003,02:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (brgnorway @ Mar. 24 2003,17:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I believe your intentions are good - but the result is (I think) going to be a surprise.

I think after the Regime is removed your're going to see some limited Guerilla warfare from scattered Republican Guard troops and terrorist attacks from opportunist extremists and IIS officers.

Once the Iraqi people start getting fed and find out that we're not there to eat their precious babies or steal their oil they're going to be cautious, but welcoming.  The quicker we get the country on its feet and get out, the better for everyone involved.<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah yeah ok - let's hope so, because as far as I know that will be the only option now that the war has started. I'll let it rest - if only to save Warin from brain hemorrhage as assault so nicely put it tounge.gif

Can you guys see this? I'm not sure if MSN allows hotlinking.

030324_war_12.jpg

Caption reads:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Soldiers of the U.S. 1st Brigade, 101st Airborne Division, pay last respects Monday during a memorial service for Capt. Christopher Seifert at Camp Pennsylvania in Kuwait. Seifert was killed when a grenade was rolled into tents early Sunday, allegedly by a fellow U.S. soldier. The attack left 15 other soldiers wounded.<span id='postcolor'>

Apparently, Capt. Seifert was shot in the back by Akbar as Seifert was putting on his gas mask, a standard procedure if the camp is under threat. I don't beleive those frags killed anybody.

I know this sounds callous, but it goes to show you how ineffective frag grenades are.

Tyler

We see it. At least I do.

This is going to create a hell of a shitstorm for Muslims in the US military

he SHOT him?

mad.gif

dangit, how do you make that freaking angry smiley bigger

^thats cursing for me -_-^

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Mar. 25 2003,02:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is going to create a hell of a shitstorm for Muslims in the US military<span id='postcolor'>

That was my initial concern, too, but apparently he was a dirtbag that just happened to be Muslim.  Although he's probably planted a seed of doubt in some minds, I'll bet most servicemen understand that his religion was not the cause of his actions.

Semper Fi

i hope there is going to be a firing squad waiting for this man mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Mar. 25 2003,02:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, he wanted to go into combat... I say we drop him into downtown Baghdad wrapped in an American flag a half hour after a particularly heavy session of bombing.

He'd get more than he bargained for smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Outstanding solution, but I'd modify it a bit. Give him a squit gun, and chain a tape recorder that continuously loops the Lee Greenwood song "God Bless the USA" to his leg, after breaking the volume control off at maximum. Then tell him that the words for "I surrender!" in Arabic are the words for what is actually, "Fuck you asshole!"

Put a predator up over his head so America can watch the show.

They'd probably welcome him as an ally. He is shooting our troops you know.

Just put him through the court system, tie him to a pole, blind fold him and let 15 rifleman take him out.

15 bullets are not worth using on somebody like this sorry excuse for a soldier. just one bullet in the back of the head is just fine.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Mar. 24 2003,19:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Mar. 25 2003,01:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Mar. 24 2003,19wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If we can maul and then roll up the RG divisions south of Baghdad,<span id='postcolor'>

We will see who that actually helps. <!--emo&smile.gif The ball is almost completely in Iraqi hands now. No I won't explain... tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

zZz... you're boring me, really you are. Post something substantive or stop spamming. I know you'd just love to see some more pictures of American corpses, but you keep on forgetting that for every American you see on-camera, there are 50 or so dead or surrendered Iraqi soldiers. And we don't parade enemy bodies on camera; it's not our style. I think a simple comparison of tactics and behavior will show you who the good guys are.<span id='postcolor'>

Go to hell... that is substantive for anyone intelligent enough.

EDIT: I reserve my right to express myself according to my character, and that is to keep it short but not necessairly simple. Opposite of you. Lots of text, bla bla. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Mar. 25 2003,05:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They'd probably welcome him as an ally.  He is shooting our troops you know.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, we could dress him up as a pilot. Or something Work with me on this one smile.gif

But seriously, there isn't a doubt in my mind that if he is convicted he will be executed, one way or another.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Mar. 25 2003,06:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Mar. 25 2003,05:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They'd probably welcome him as an ally.  He is shooting our troops you know.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, we could dress him up as a pilot. Or something Work with me on this one  smile.gif

But seriously, there isn't a doubt in my mind that if he is convicted he will be executed, one way or another.<span id='postcolor'>

They're gonna LOVE him in prison... wink.gif

He wouldn't survive prison. so even a 1 day sentence would be a death sentence.

Good morning.

Yes, I hope he gets a swift and just trial and, if found guilty, is shot by a firing squad. Plain and simple.

Yesterday, I pointed out a news article about the bad weather delaying much aerial action and impeding ground action.

While I'm not exactly next door to Iraq, our weather patterns are slightly similar. You might call them cousin patterns.

The weather here has been super cloudy, windy and rainy for the last week, with temperatures dropping. This morning looks worse than yesterday, which looked worse than the day before, etc.......

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 25 2003,07:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">our weather patterns are slightly similar.<span id='postcolor'>

Reuters wire just reporting that severe sandstorms are holding up ground movement.

Thats just frickin lovely, Saddam's got the weather on his side. Now the Medina Division get get nice and dug in, and no close air support. Hopefully the U.S. uses this as an opportunity to tighten up the supply lines and get the 4th Infantry Division up and running.

Good morning ladies and gentlemen, I'll be your moderator today.

Let's look at the news for today, shall we?

"Iraqi security forces are fortifying Kirkuk. According to sources Saddams security forces are visiting every Kurdish home, questioning any men of age.  All the roads to Kirkuk have been blocked to keep coalition forces out and the people in." - DN

"Questions ara rising about the economic cost of the war. President Bush will later this week make a request to congress to get an additional 75 billion dollars for the war effort. Congress earlier approved 100 billion dollars for military costs and an additional 10 billion dollars for humanitarian aid. Investors are worrying about the war breaking the US economy. Others believe that once the war is over the Iraqi oil industry will be able to pay the bill" - Wall Street Journal

"Unconfirmed reports say that a major attempt to land coalition special forces and airborne units near the town of Kirkuk has been repelled by Iraqi forces." -AFX

"Iraqi fadayin forces have infilitrated the colition lines near Basra and destroyed 11 tanks and a fuel depot. Two American soldiers were killed" - Al-Jazeera

A defence analyst on Brit Tv this morning has pointed out that until the Iraqi regime is finished in Baghdad, these 'pockets' of resistance the coalition are encountering on route will continue. I guess this would explain the mad dash towards Baghdad, to speed up the process. I can see some sense in this, but I get the feeling even if Baghdad is taken, the fight wont be over. I think if they can open up the supply routes and start handing out food and real aid to these people instead of candy bars, then maybe they will start to be more enthusiastic about being 'Liberated'.

Also reports that troops have been deployed in the south along the Iraq/Iran border. They are concerned Iran with take advantage of the situation and make incursions across the border to seize land. (An Iranian MG across the border, was reported yesterday, firing at A-10's which were providing air support for Uk units).

Basra now officially known as a 'Military Target'

Anyone know if the MOAB has been used yet? would it be used?

u know what would be funny,if they dropped a shitload of cs gas on the towns to flush em out and why arent they air dropping tanks ??