Sign in to follow this  
Warin

The Dogs of War

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 01 2003,21:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Saddam's Iraqi henchmen at what they do best.<span id='postcolor'>

Anyone heard of that UK soldier beeing sent off the line and back up to Britain.

He will be under martial court trials, he claims he disobeid orders to shot at civilians.

Saw this on TV, searching for links.

BTW I'm asking to myself, whatever he did or not, the reasons he claims true or false, how will military open a martial court, as accordingly to the UN fundamental act GB signed, they are not in state of war ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ludovico Technique @ April 01 2003,22:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">All in all this is a really shitty year to be an Iraqi civilian.<span id='postcolor'>

I can reasonably be said that the last 20+ years saw far more death and devastation in Iraq than at this particular time.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 01 2003,21:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Whispers from the streets of Nassiriyah.

A lot of interesting quips in this article.<span id='postcolor'>

Presenting Avon, the new Pentagon PR manager smile.gif

Use your common sense. If the there was only a handful of pro-Saddam people, they would be overpowered by the civilian population. After all, the tried it when US troops were not standing in the doorway.

There will always be collaborators, opportunists and of course regular people that don't want to piss anybody off and just want to live their life.

Also, as I've tried to say so many times earlier anti-Saddam is not the equal of pro-US. If it was, this war would be over by now.

So I would like to declare that article to be complete and utter bull. Interviews with two or three people hardly gives a statistical foundation to be representative of the whole Iraqi population.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ April 01 2003,21:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A court martial can be held at any time under military law.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, but the charges ? how to explain them ?

Disobeing order during war time ?? See what I look at ?

First example of legal and political complications for that expedition ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ April 01 2003,21:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A court martial can be held at any time under military law.<span id='postcolor'>

Theoretically speaking, can a Brit be court-martialed for refusing to follow an illegal order?  I would assume no.

Semper Fi

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 01 2003,22:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 01 2003,21:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Whispers from the streets of Nassiriyah.

A lot of interesting quips in this article.<span id='postcolor'>

Presenting Avon, the new Pentagon PR manager smile.gif

Use your common sense. If the there was only a handful of pro-Saddam people, they would be overpowered by the civilian population.<span id='postcolor'>

Who's got the guns? Who's threatening to kill whose children? Who's frightened remembering what happened in 1991 when they last failed in an uprising?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So I would like to declare that article to be complete and utter bull.<span id='postcolor'>

Straight from a Baghdad bunker, folks!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 01 2003,22:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Who's got the guns? Who's threatening to kill whose children? Who's frightened remembering what happened in 1991 when they last failed in an uprising?<span id='postcolor'>

If it sounds familiar, think of the psyche of masses of concentration camp prisoners.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 01 2003,21:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Who's got the guns?<span id='postcolor'>

The Anglo-American forces have the guns and are pounding the cities.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Who's threatening to kill whose children?<span id='postcolor'>

The Anglo-American forces, the Iraqi civilians' children. They're bombing them and shooting their mini-vans.

Where do you live? Mars?

I perfectly understand your wishful thinking but take a look at the reality. The Iraqis are in not cheering. They do not consider themselves being liberated. Anybody could have forseen that, well, apart from Rumsfeld, Bush and you. You are in good company.

Counterpoint to your article

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Near Basra, as The Financial Times reported, "soldiers were not being welcomed as liberators but often confronted with hatred." In the increasingly messy fights around Nasiriya, Marine units, which earlier were ambushed while responding to what appeared to be a large-scale surrender, had by the end of the week destroyed more than 200 homes.

<span id='postcolor'>

etc etc

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 01 2003,22:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Where do you live? Mars?<span id='postcolor'>

No. men are from Mars and it shows.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I perfectly understand your wishful thinking but take a look at the reality. The Iraqis are in not cheering. They do not consider themselves being liberated. Anybody could have forseen that, well, apart from Rumsfeld, Bush and you. You are in good company.<span id='postcolor'>

Never said the Iraqis are cheering.

They aren't "liberated" - yet. Many of them do hope and pray to see Saddam & Co. gone forever or do you deny that too?

Just ask Rania Kashi.

Goodnite, folks! smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 01 2003,21:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Many of them do hope and pray to see Saddam & Co. gone forever<span id='postcolor'>

Yes but they see USA as the worse of two bad things. This is from the same new york times article that I linked above:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Or worse, the early stages of an occupation could see acts of retribution against members of Saddam Hussein's regime, then quickly turn into yet another round of guerrilla warfare against American forces. This point was made chillingly clear a few days ago by the leader of Iraq's major Shiite opposition group, who, according to Reuters, promised armed resistance if the United States remains in Iraq after Saddam Hussein is overthrown.

<span id='postcolor'>

Sounds like they just looove the good old US, right? To the Shi'a who positively hate Saddam, USA is oficially known as "the Great Satan".

The resistance will continue, with or without love for Saddam. That is the foundation of all the problems that the Anglo-American forces have had so far.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 01 2003,22:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sounds like they just looove the good old US, right? To the Shi'a who positively hate Saddam, USA is oficially known as "the Great Satan".<span id='postcolor'>

No arguments there.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Schoeler @ April 01 2003,19:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A little humor for Warin and our Canadian brethren:

The Canadians have pledged to help America with the war against Iraq. They

have pledged two of their biggest battle ships, 6000 ground troops and six

fighter jets.

Unfortunately, after the exchange rate conversion, we end up with two canoes,

one Mountie, and some flying squirrels.<span id='postcolor'>

That's almost as bad as

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Prime Minister Jean Chretien announced today he would lend 6 of Canada's Sea King Helicoptors to Coalitions forces in Iraq.

President Bush was shocked that Chretien would so openly aid Iraqi PResident Saddam Hussein.<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ April 01 2003,19:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Schoeler @ April 01 2003,19:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A little humor for Warin and our Canadian brethren:

The Canadians have pledged to help America with the war against Iraq. They

have pledged two of their biggest battle ships, 6000 ground troops and six

fighter jets.

Unfortunately, after the exchange rate conversion, we end up with two canoes,

one Mountie, and some flying squirrels.<span id='postcolor'>

Ha. Ha. Ha.

crazy.gif

Been told on here before.  But neglects the fact that one of our ships is doing picket duty in the gulf to help keep shipping going smoothly, and we've got 1000 men headed for Afghanistan to try to keep the peace while crazy americans blow the hell out of everything.  Maybe we'll be lucky and not have any KIA from friendly fire this time  mad.gif

If you are going to slam my country, at least make it a slam that has a little rationality to it smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Ah Warin, I wasn't trying to slam you guys, just some friendly teasing. I knew it would get a rise out of you! tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 01 2003,13:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ April 01 2003,20:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you are going to slam my country, at least make it a slam that has a little rationality to it smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Is it hockey season? biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Canada still has professional hockey? I thought they all moved to the U.S biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ April 02 2003,00:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 01 2003,13:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ April 01 2003,20:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you are going to slam my country, at least make it a slam that has a little rationality to it smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Is it hockey season? biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Canada still has professional hockey?  I thought they all moved to the U.S biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL. Wiseguys smile.gif

Since Vancouver is going to pummel everyone this year and win the Stanley Cup, you will be proven wrong on that score! Mwahahahaha smile.gif

Schoeler, I knew it was a joke, but sadly there are a lot of your countrymen who are not as light hearted about it as you are (and I think, as understanding of our governments position! ) and it is really starting to grate on me.  Canadians arent afraid to lay down their lives in armed conflict.  It just so happens that our government feels that participating in this conflict is akin to jumping off of a bridge just because your best friend does. smile.gif  We jumped off of the Afghanistan bridge because it was right to do so.  The Iraq bridge... well...  I cant wait to hear what Gen Franks has to say in his autobiography in 10 years.

u us hockey fan look in shame at the last winter olimpiques and cry. So who here still beliefs saddam has WMD as coalition forces are getting closer (in range) of Baghdad

If he had them, they had been found already. And he wouldn`t use them even if he had them, because he`d loose the victim bonus in this attack war against him.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ale2999 @ April 01 2003,18:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">u us hockey fan look in shame at the last winter olimpiques and cry. So who here still beliefs saddam has WMD as coalition forces are getting closer (in range) of Baghdad<span id='postcolor'>

Who here can actually speak proper english?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ April 01 2003,18:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If he has them, they`d be found already.<span id='postcolor'>

Why do you say that? He probably has them in hidden underground labs that will only be discovered much later.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ April 02 2003,00:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ale2999 @ April 01 2003,18:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">u us hockey fan look in shame at the last winter olimpiques and cry. So who here still beliefs saddam has WMD as coalition forces are getting closer (in range) of Baghdad<span id='postcolor'>

Who here can actually speak proper english?<span id='postcolor'>

wh4t d00 u m34n? tounge.gifwink.gif