Sign in to follow this  
Warin

The Dogs of War

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 02 2003,20:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Winters @ April 02 2003,19:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Iraqi civilian bodycount caused by Saddam through the years = Thousands upon Thousands.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes. Your point being? That a few thousands more won't do any difference or what?<span id='postcolor'>

It is estimated that more than 1,200,000 Iraqis, Kurds and Iranians died in Saddam's war with Iraq, with 1,400,000 men, woman and children injured or crippled during those years.

It is estimated that over half a million infants died from malnutrition in Iraq because all the aid money was diverted to building oppulent and nuclear proof palaces and bunkers, along with a renewal of military rearmament.

Over 150,000 Iraqis died in Saddam's failed attempt to capture Kuwait.

In the late 80's, over 4000 Kurdish villages were destroyed by Iraq. Up to 150,000 people were killed and thousands died from Saddam's use of chemical weapons.

Maybe Winters point is that your body count sig is a sham of a cover-up for all the years nobody bothered counting until now.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Winters @ April 02 2003,20:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">my point is lost. so nevermind.<span id='postcolor'>

Never say "never". smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 02 2003,19:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Maybe Winters point is that your body count sig is a sham of a cover-up for all the years nobody bothered counting until now.<span id='postcolor'>

Nobody counted before so we shouldn't bother counting now is that it?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Potatoman @ April 02 2003,20:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 02 2003,19:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Maybe Winters point is that your body count sig is a sham of a cover-up for all the years nobody bothered counting until now.<span id='postcolor'>

Nobody counted before so we shouldn't bother counting now is that it?<span id='postcolor'>

How about why not count now what should have been counted a long long time ago?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 02 2003,19:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A little new item on the Kornet.<span id='postcolor'>

Oh for the love of God!! It's a rehash of the same old rumors AGAIN. Proof? Zero, nada, zilch, none whatsoever.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"We're pretty sure they do have them," said Robert Hewson, editor of Jane's Air-Launched Weapons.<span id='postcolor'>

Last I checked my bookshelf, "Jane's Infantry Weapons" deals with manportable ATGMs (among other things), whereas "Jane's Air-Launched Weapons" deals with... well, you get the idea. They needed a quote, didn't matter who it came from.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blaegis @ April 02 2003,21:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Last I checked my bookshelf, "Jane's Infantry Weapons" deals with manportable ATGMs (among other things), whereas "Jane's Air-Launched Weapons" deals with... well, you get the idea. They needed a quote, didn't matter who it came from.<span id='postcolor'>

And your are the editor of? confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 02 2003,20:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How about why not count now what should have been counted a long long time ago?<span id='postcolor'>

Those people are dead. These are dying now as a result of Bush's war. Saddam's past sins do not justify Bush's current.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 02 2003,21:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif3--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 02 2003,20wow.gif3)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How about why not count now what should have been counted a long long time ago?<span id='postcolor'>

Those people are dead. These are dying now as a result of Bush's war. Saddam's past sins do not justify Bush's current.<span id='postcolor'>

In other words, trust Saddam not to kill another million or two? You have his handshake on that, I'm sure. Or has he just gotten tired of killing, now that he's a nice cuddly ol' grandpa?

wow.gif9--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 02 2003,20wow.gif9)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In other words, trust Saddam not to kill another million or two? You have his handshake on that, I'm sure. Or has he just gotten tired of killing, now that he's a nice cuddly ol' grandpa?<span id='postcolor'>

As somebody said earlier: It's an innovative method to stop a murderer by killing his victims.

Red Cross confirms at least 280 civilians wounded in Hillah bombing

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 02 2003,20:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif4--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blaegis @ April 02 2003,21wow.gif4)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Last I checked my bookshelf, "Jane's Infantry Weapons" deals with manportable ATGMs (among other things), whereas "Jane's Air-Launched Weapons" deals with... well, you get the idea. They needed a quote, didn't matter who it came from.<span id='postcolor'>

And your are the editor of? confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, Avon, can't refute something - get personal. That's the spirit! At least I don't spam the forums with inane smart-ass remarks and idiotic jokes that don't have anything to do with the topic...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blaegis @ April 02 2003,11:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah, Avon, can't refute something - get personal. That's the spirit! At least I don't spam the forums with inane smart-ass remarks and idiotic jokes that don't have anything to do with the topic...<span id='postcolor'>

Quoted for irony.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 02 2003,21:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 02 2003,20<!--emo&wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In other words, trust Saddam not to kill another million or two? You have his handshake on that, I'm sure. Or has he just gotten tired of killing, now that he's a nice cuddly ol' grandpa?<span id='postcolor'>

As somebody said earlier: It's an innovative method to stop a murderer by killing his victims.

Red Cross confirms at least 280 civilians wounded in Hillah bombing<span id='postcolor'>

This war is not about toppling Saddam because he's one of the nearest things to Hitler and Stalin in this generation - though that alone actually should be sufficient.

This war is about the claimed dangers this beast of a mass murderer is to other countries, the US in particular.

That is the claim. Whether that is true or not is a most debated issue.

Is it your intent to claim that the US is interested in killing innocent civilians in its war against the Iraqis? Nonsense!

Unfortunately, it is an inevitible consequence. War is ugly and miserable.

BTW, how many Iraqis have died while being used as human shields by Iraqis themselves? Gotta counter?!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blaegis @ April 02 2003,21:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif6--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 02 2003,20wow.gif6)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blaegis @ April 02 2003,21wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Last I checked my bookshelf, "Jane's Infantry Weapons" deals with manportable ATGMs (among other things), whereas "Jane's Air-Launched Weapons" deals with... well, you get the idea. They needed a quote, didn't matter who it came from.<span id='postcolor'>

And your are the editor of? <!--emo&confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, Avon, can't refute something - get personal.<span id='postcolor'>

It wasn't my intention.

My intention was why should anyone dismiss the editor of Jane's Air-Launched Weapons?

What qualifications do you have to dismiss him?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 02 2003,21:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BTW, how many Iraqis have died while being used as human shields by Iraqis themselves? Gotta counter?!<span id='postcolor'>

Toward the bottom of that article, it says:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Landstuhl medical facility, America's largest hospital outside the United States, has handled 221 injured troops, including 95 wounded in battle.<span id='postcolor'>

Should OSHA be sent over to investigate? crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 02 2003,20:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It wasn't my intention.

My intention was why should anyone dismiss the editor of Jane's Air-Launched Weapons?

What qualifications do you have to dismiss him?<span id='postcolor'>

*takes a deep breath and tells himself to chill*

OK, then. My qualification is common sense. The Jane's publication dealing with Kornet-class weapons is called Jane's Infantry Weapons, so it would be far more logical (and would be far more credible, in my eyes) to get a quote from the editor of JIW, not JALW. I was pissed off because you keep bringing up to the same old rumors without having anything to substatiate it. As I said in the other thread, provide proof, and I'll be the first to admit Russia's involvement.

Have the coalition destroyed the Medina division or not?

One minute I see "the Medina division has been completely destroyed" and the next I see "there are concerns that some of the division has retreated to Baghdad" - both on the BBC.

I'm f**king pissed off hearing lies and shite from what is, after all, a public-funded media network.

And Avon, you need to Search the FAQ on tips on treating POWs. Oh I forgot. Guantanomo bay isn't a POW camp  mad.gif

as far as i know, as of 2 days ago, Central Commands said 50% of Medina is neutralized. and there are more divisions like Medina(Hamurabi and etc.) that has been retreating to south from north.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (tracy_t @ April 02 2003,13:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Search the FAQ<span id='postcolor'>

I don't have an username or a password sad.gif

Can you hook me up with one?

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blaegis @ April 02 2003,21:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As I said in the other thread, provide proof, and I'll be the first to admit Russia's involvement.<span id='postcolor'>

Um............... the article I linked to doesn't discuss any Soviet involvement regarding supplying the Iraqis with Kornets.

At the most, it mentions Kornets possibly coming from Syria who obtained them from the Ukraine.

Sorry,

I was just kidding with that URL, spoofing Avon's usual "Search the FAQ...." text !!! tounge.gif

I will edit the post. Sorry for any inconvenience.

The Dog of War

Why I didn't march.

One in three Frenchmen...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Eleven thousand Allied soldiers lie buried in well-tended peace at Etaples, on the Channel coast near Le Touquet, victims of the struggle by Anglo-Saxons to liberate the French from the German invaders during the First World War.

Last week the obelisk raised in their memory was defiled by red-painted insults such as “Rosbeefs go homeâ€; “May Saddam prevail and spill your bloodâ€; and, in a reference to the long-dead casualties beneath the manicured turf, “They are soiling our landâ€.<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 02 2003,21:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Um............... the article I linked to doesn't discuss any Soviet involvement regarding supplying the Iraqis with Kornets.

At the most, it mentions Kornets possibly coming from Syria who obtained them from the Ukraine.<span id='postcolor'>

OK, you're right, the article's pretty carefully written. My apologies. Othin got me going earlier today in the other thread... biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ April 02 2003,21:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Dog of War

Why I didn't march.

One in three Frenchmen...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Eleven thousand Allied soldiers lie buried in well-tended peace at Etaples, on the Channel coast near Le Touquet, victims of the struggle by Anglo-Saxons to liberate the French from the German invaders during the First World War.

Last week the obelisk raised in their memory was defiled by red-painted insults such as “Rosbeefs go homeâ€; “May Saddam prevail and spill your bloodâ€; and, in a reference to the long-dead casualties beneath the manicured turf, “They are soiling our landâ€.<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

As there are 'muslims must die' kind of people in one side,there are 'death to the evil invaders' on the other side,the morons seem to be equally divided (though 1/3 is frightening).

It wasn't appropriate to use the soldiers of WW2 to rally for support,but defacing their memorials is just plain disgusting. mad.gif