Sign in to follow this  
Warin

The Dogs of War

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ Mar. 23 2003,18:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">When they blew a building apart (With a Javelin), everyone started Hoo-ah'ing, and cheering!? Isn't that a little unprofessional? (No offense! )<span id='postcolor'>

I don't think so. I think any of us would be thrilled to have stopped someone from getting us before we got them.

Keep in mind that I bet you won't hear the same shouts for joy when the fighting is 2 meters away from them and not the distance of a Javelin.

The part of the video when the reporter props the soldiers head up to make him answer questions is definately against the Genevea conventions.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ Mar. 23 2003,18:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">When I got my military training I was taught even to cover my feets and don`t give the enemy too much from my body to shoot at. But those guys are happily showing their whole torsos and even walking around??? Either they are nuts or this video is just a show.<span id='postcolor'>

They would be nuts if you would have seen them dropping like flies but they weren't. So they must've had some sort of cover

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't think so. I think any of us would be thrilled to have stopped someone from getting us before we got them.

<span id='postcolor'>

I've just never experienced it before. All my run-ins with the British Army (Painful that they were, scoundrels, all of them! smile.gif ), there behaviour was completely different.

I also noticed this in the radio comm's in '91, concerning airstrikes. The US were cheering on the net when they hit a target, but the RAF aircrew sounded quite reserved. I've got some great vid clips reflecting this. (I've never heard better deadpan before! )

If one is better than the other I'm not sure, but they both get the job done.

Edit - Spazzed up typos

I think what they mean is that they can't be reading any prepared statements like in Vietnam.

Man that's depressing. I wake up to more losing battles than victorys.

Well, we didn`t want to become political, right? Because this whole attack-war is illegal and hurting international law.

But I haven`t said a thing. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 23 2003,17:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So they must've had some sort of cover<span id='postcolor'>

Not really. You see that in the video. I hope for them they stick more to cover next times. But this is not my problem. smile.gif

I dunno if anyone has answered the boot thing, but this is the new Marine Issue boot. It is part of the new MARPAT system, and is definetly more comfortable, but the black ones look better, and will definetly stay on the parade ground. As far as the army goes, let me share a quote from a First Infantry Sergeant-

Reporter:So, sergeant, is it true that the Marines fight better than the Army?

Sergeant: Until a war starts, yes.

biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

-Crew

EDIT The woodland camo jackets may be part of either a chemical suit or a cold-weather system.

It's only illegal if you're French, Russian, German, or Iraqi. tounge.gif

Or a liberal. wink.gif

ANyway, enough politics.

Whats this about the Russians selling equipment to the Iraqis. Are they looking for a fight? mad.gif

Hopefully they wont be surprised when whatever they're shipping the stuff in on gets blown up at the border.

Also, anybody think we wouldn't be running into as much resistance if we had done the GW1 style massive bombing before going in on foot?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hopefully they wont be surprised when whatever they're shipping the stuff in on gets blown up at the border.

<span id='postcolor'>

I doubt it. It would be insanity on the part of the Russians.

Why not aquire weapons through a third party nation, that has stockpiles of ex-soviet weapons, isn't being scrutinised intention wise regarding the war, and might have a reason for doing so?

Does anybody have an alternative feed to al-jazeera? Their site seems to be down. Or any other feed of the pictures of the powss and kias? Swedish TV just declared the pictures to be to graphic to be displayed.. confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ Mar. 23 2003,19:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 23 2003,17:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So they must've had some sort of cover<span id='postcolor'>

Not really. You see that in the video. I hope for them they stick more to cover next times. But this is not my problem.  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe they're like the BAS addons. They can afford to take 4 or 5 hits before they mend themselves. wow.gifsmile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Mar. 23 2003,19:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Or any other feed of the pictures of the powss and kias? Swedish TV just declared the pictures to be to graphic to be displayed.. confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I've always said that they've got stupid moderators in Sweden.

No............ WAIT! crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also, anybody think we wouldn't be running into as much resistance if we had done the GW1 style massive bombing before going in on foot?<span id='postcolor'>

If you do that this time round, you'll end up butchering thousands of civilians. Notice the lack of large mechanized armies in the field this time? Most tanks and infantry have dug in the towns. Like it or not, it makes sense.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Mar. 23 2003,19:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Does anybody have an alternative feed to al-jazeera? Their site seems to be down. Or any other feed of the pictures of the powss and kias? Swedish TV just declared the pictures to be to graphic to be displayed.. confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I use this right now: http://winmedia.ish.de/al-jazeera

Ohshit. Bad stuff...

I expect that the US will be much more hesistant to take surrenders. What idiot fights against the f--king US? We can kill every last Iraqi in 24 hours! It's called nukes!

I hope that the Iraqi murders die...maybe in plastic shredders. WE need more Nuremberg trials where the guilty are occasionaly punished. The Hauge is Bullshit, look at Milosevic! He's like a 14 year old!

LEAVE NO MAN ALIVE!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ Mar. 23 2003,23:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also, anybody think we wouldn't be running into as much resistance if we had done the GW1 style massive bombing before going in on foot?<span id='postcolor'>

If you do that this time round, you'll end up butchering thousands of civilians. Notice the lack of large mechanized armies in the field this time? Most tanks and infantry have dug in the towns. Like it or not, it makes sense.<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah you're right. Better the troops than the civilians.

I keep hearing cars honking on the Baghdad feed. I'm thinking how funny it would be to hear a traffic accident.

*screeeeeech* *hooonk* *crunch* *yelling in arabic*

If you people are so worried then don't support this atrocity of a war...

Al jazeera is up.

Atrocity of a war? In the name of staying on topic, don't get me started on atrocities, during war and peacetime. mad.gif

And the Jazeera feed is black. RUnning but black.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (R. Gerschwarzenge @ Mar. 23 2003,18:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I use this right now: http://winmedia.ish.de/al-jazeera<span id='postcolor'>

Thank you. I found it myself, but seeing your post earlier would have saved several minutes of my life wow.gifwink.gif

"Ohshit. Bad stuff...

I expect that the US will be much more hesistant to take surrenders. What idiot fights against the f--king US? We can kill every last Iraqi in 24 hours! It's called nukes!

I hope that the Iraqi murders die...maybe in plastic shredders. WE need more Nuremberg trials where the guilty are occasionaly punished. The Hauge is Bullshit, look at Milosevic! He's like a 14 year old!

LEAVE NO MAN ALIVE!"

George, don't you have a war to get back to?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Mar. 23 2003,09:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you people are so worried then don't support this atrocity of a war...

Al jazeera  is up.<span id='postcolor'>

Events like this just reinforce in my mind how important it is to get these sadists out of power.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Mar. 23 2003,19:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And the Jazeera feed is black.  RUnning but black.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, there's all that smoke.........................

smile.gif