Sign in to follow this  
(T)r@cer

Tales of war rangers released...

Finally! very cool Rangers.. and together with Sarugosa island I am set to kill.. kill...kill!!

Johan

PS: altough I am Dutch, forget our kiddie soldiers!

Hmm... a little disappointing... I really like the body armor, but I also REALLY dislike how most of the men have goggles down. I really wish you guys made them with either goggles up or down (or better yet have that option on the action menu). Also the M60 should be a M240 if these are supposed to be modern Rangers. Overall however they are fairly good. I just wish their was the ability to put on or remove the goggles (kinda like NVG's). I like the goggles on on missions where the Rangers are being inserted by a MH-6 Little Bird, any helicopter with an open door, or driving a motorcycle or some open vehicle. But otherwise unless conditions are dusty, soldiers rarely wear their goggles accept on top of their kevlar.

Anyways overall excellent work! I hope this isn't the final version.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Hmm i think there's a bug in the RNGR.pbo. When i put the two files (RNGO.pbo and SCMM4SOP.pbo) in my res addon folder and start the game it runs the Codemasters screen and the screen about counterfeit software. After that it goes back to desktop with this message.

Cannot memory-map file 'res\addons\o.pbo'

I have the M60 pack and the M249 pack in my folder. After a little investigation i found out that it only do this when i have the RNGR.pbo in my res\addons folder.

Anyone else have this problem??

OK thx works now. And i thought i did a pretty good selection of the addons to keep the folders at a minimum. DOH  crazy.gif

Ok, after trying it out...

a) the SAW seems to be missing

b) the textures on the SOP are not good

c) these look almost identical to the marines(no desert chalks?)

It's not bad or anything but it just doesnt seem all that new either IMO

confused.gif

you need the M249 (saw) and m60 pack from the TOW site. Which brings my earlier problem up. Why 3 seperate PBO files for weapons used for one Men PBO file. Why not make one for all the weapons and then one for the men. that would changed the needed PBO files down from 4 to 2.

I seem to be missing textures on parts of the grp sniper and the radio ranger. I've been messing around with my settings but i can't get it to work.

Also, when i am far away, sometimes the textures are there.

There's oddities, both in the textures and there was something up with one of the troopers, I think the machinegunner.

Other than that they were pretty cool.

~Fingers crossed for an update.~

The update should contain the rangers, marines, deltas, aav7, fast attack vehicle and a special desert chalk for those rangers. Boom!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (peanuckle_00 @ Jan. 31 2003,04:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The update should contain the rangers, marines, deltas, aav7, fast attack vehicle and a special desert chalk for those rangers.  Boom!<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, a FAV and an AAV-7 would be really nice to have. Frandsen's FAV is alot of fun and cool for what it is, but it's not the FAV used by the Marines and Navy SEALs. sad.gif

The AAV-7... well that goes without saying. I'm getting tired of using M113's to do amphibious assaults. sad.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I dunno, if I have the marine pack why do I need the rangers?(or visa versa) crazy.gif

All they have are knee pads and goggles down that look different...everything else is identical. confused.gif

I just think the rangers should have gotten slightly different cammo(besides desert)

you dont need the marines for the rangers to work or visa versa. We know the M4 sopmod textures are cheap. We know there are texture bugs. We know a lot. but this wont be sorted for some time yet.. Maybe sort the m4 sopmod by releasing a new one but the other things will not be done anything with yet. The only texture bug ive found is that when you shoot some of the men there are no blood textures. But as i said: this one is on the shelf for some time... If you want *better* ones wink.gif download BAS' lolipop-looking rangers wich will be released soon... No offence, bas, but from the screens ive seen they look like their taken out of some candybox.. looks completely like sweetpops or something confused.gif

Jahve out

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jahve @ Jan. 31 2003,07:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">you dont need the marines for the rangers to work or visa versa. We know the M4 sopmod textures are cheap. We know there are texture bugs. We know a lot. but this wont be sorted for some time yet.. Maybe sort the m4 sopmod by releasing a new one but the other things will not be done anything with yet. The only texture bug ive found is that when you shoot some of the men there are no blood textures. But as i said: this one is on the shelf for some time... If you want *better* ones  wink.gif  download BAS' lolipop-looking rangers wich will be released soon... No offence, bas, but from the screens ive seen they look like their taken out of some candybox.. looks completely like sweetpops or something  confused.gif

Jahve out<span id='postcolor'>

compared to looking like marines with kneepads? and the wrong non subdued ranger tab?

and if you want to find out just how sweetpop like our units are, a new video has been released:

http://opflashpoint.org/downloads.php?v=74

Btw, when i asked "if I have the marine pack why do I need the rangers?"

I was referring to the fact that they both look the exact same and therefore you dont need both...I'm aware that you dont need the marines in order for the rangers to work(just to clarify).

If you know all these things that get mentioned(SOP texes etc etc), why release a new version of that weapon with the same mediocre textures as before? This is the reason why people are always asking these types of questions to mod makers. confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jahve @ Jan. 31 2003,07:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">download BAS' lolipop-looking rangers wich will be released soon... No offence, bas, but from the screens ive seen they look like their taken out of some candybox.. looks completely like sweetpops or something  confused.gif

Jahve out<span id='postcolor'>

lol.... don't judge how they look based on the screenshots only. At least all of the textures are new and add something to the overall look and feel of the pack as a whole.

ranger_flak_vest.pac

Hehe, this file in your pack even uses custom textures I made for the first ranger pack. You may think my and Skavens textures look like lolipops, hehe, that's fine. I liked them when I was making them.

Now why did you have to go and say something like that?

I won't even coment your words Jahve.

The game is about war, but MOD teams should be friendely to each others, don't let the game go threw your head please wink.gif

You may remenber the textures you guys borrowed from me too,Marines Pack Version 1, this is not a nice way to thank me I think wink.gif

Just think before making this kind of statements please, we didn't desrespected you, so we expect the same from you.

and btw, some of the soldiers don't have Blood Textures, other than that you guys made a good job, Congratulations wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Skaven @ Jan. 31 2003,10:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just think before making this kind of statements please, we didn't desrespected you, so we expect the same from you.<span id='postcolor'>

As far as the TOW team sees this, its the other way around.

We spent weeks of work on this pack, which doesnt seems to be appreciated by some BAS members. ( especially Evis ) As I also said on the opflash forums.. if you dont like it, then dont download it. But stop with the "Your work sucks, our work is the best".

Its obvious that some of you are the ones which dont respect us.  smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Skaven @ Jan. 31 2003,10:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I won't even coment your words Jahve.

The game is about war, but MOD teams should be friendely to each others, don't let the game go threw your head please  wink.gif

You may remenber the textures you guys borrowed from me too,Marines Pack Version 1, this is not a nice way to thank me I think  wink.gif

Just think before making this kind of statements please, we didn't desrespected you, so we expect the same from you.

and btw, some of the soldiers don't have Blood Textures, other than that you guys made a good job, Congratulations  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

i agree with the friendly-part but it doesnt seem like its possible..  confused.gif Evis, for once and for all, explain to me why you resent us. Do you have attitude problems or somethign? This isnt ment to insult you, im just asking you a serious question...

the only problem i have is that you seem to have a hate campaign against us, and you expect me to bend over and go along with it?

edit: and tracer, your a hypocrite, stop with the 'your work sucks, ours is great'?, what the hell do you call this:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you want *better* ones wink.gif download BAS' lolipop-looking rangers wich will be released soon... No offence, bas, but from the screens ive seen they look like their taken out of some candybox.. looks completely like sweetpops or something confused.gif

<span id='postcolor'>

Hate campaign? Ehh... has anyone heard me saying anything bad about BAS?

Ahh, im not gonna reply to this anymore... you obviously hate us and want to say bad things about our addons. Well fine... if thats the new way how mod teams work in the dying OFP community. Then the community will only die faster. And thanks for insulting me... it shows again that you have no respect for others at all.

Most people like our work ( thanks for all the emails wink.gif ) so the problem is you.... not our addons.

It seems we cant settle this normal. Fine... but very sad. Then stop with insulting me or TOW, but mind with your own business. Book closed.

i have seen you say bad things about BAS countless times, maybe not here, or in this thread, but thats not what i said, ive seen you say we steal your members, we take your ideas, and i even saw one of your members in as many words saying we were a clone of you, i dont hate you, i have no reason to hate you or anyone at TOW, if you have respect for BAS why let your co-leader say our addons look like candy? its bound to cause trouble, if you take a look, no BAS member came to this thread before he said that, we were trying to let you have your release and stay out of your way, we didnt start this