Sign in to follow this  
VXR

Ballistic addon studio update

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Jan. 28 2003,17:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">next we dont know yet what to make after the seals...

maybe russians or iraq troops or maybe new marines?

we dont know yet but what do you people want?<span id='postcolor'>

SpetNatz!!!!!@@ biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Jan. 28 2003,21:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mr ThunderMakeR @ Jan. 28 2003,21:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As for enemy units I vote for Russians.  I think it is much better to stick to a fictional war than trying to recreate a real one<span id='postcolor'>

true.. but BAS is making up to date troops so a up to date war wouldnt be bad  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

How about up to date U.S. grunts? The only thing you'd have to do is modify the ranger model a bit (no goggles and with m-16's, but for the rest, just the same). As for the textures, they look extremly good (judging at you're pics) and you could use em for the army grunts too (except for the rangers badge).

Just a suggestion by the way...  smile.gif

BAS team can i get a reply on the AT-4 things i mentioned on page 3 in this post??

The Aimpoint looks like it's being tilted downwards -- it should be flush (straight).

Nice to finally see the absence of black webgear over woodland BDU's. wink.gif

In your webpage theirs a space for a commache. U guys making one of those too?

Looks great guys. I like the new idea of how you wont give us updates till a few days before release.

Keep up the good work!

Yeah, they are part of a new political party called the "Drool Conservationists" dedicated to protecting keyboards and computer screens from potentially harmful and unsightly spittle.

Ok answer time...

1. Aimpoint is straight....screenie must warp it a little

2. AT4....we haven't got plans to do this at the moment. We will update weapons as we go along....hence the separate BAS Weapons pack that will ship with the units. Later we will implement what you ask.

3. Leg map pocket....not used in the Army...well..for spec ops anyway. According to our Army sources:

"In the event of a crash or running around on the ground any "leg maps" wouldnt be displayed. There are several reasons for this. Primarily OPSEC, and secondly, you dont want to be captured with it. I've been in the Army working on 11 years, and I have never seen a helicopter aviator with a leg map on. "

4. Commanche is a LOOOOONG way off...don't even ask about that.

5. Doubt we'll be making Marines as we are primarily a Spec Ops shop (yes..I know they are Spec Ops Capable).....but Green Berets are defenitely on the cards.

6. We may consider some Afghan or Al Qaeda troops....we'll wait and see....we have also considered Somali Technicals (trucks with MGs) and other equipment for BH Down fans....there is so much to do....and we have a lot stuff half complete.....the next months will be packed with releases from us....as we begin to work through the backlog we'll be able to implement more ideas.

7. Thanks for the praise and feedback.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tigershark @ Jan. 29 2003,01:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok answer time...

1. Aimpoint is straight....screenie must warp it a little

2. AT4....we haven't got plans to do this at the moment. We will update weapons as we go along....hence the separate BAS Weapons pack that will ship with the units. Later we will implement what you ask.

3. Leg map pocket....not used in the Army...well..for spec ops anyway. According to our Army sources:

"In the event of a crash or running around on the ground any "leg maps" wouldnt be displayed. There are several reasons for this. Primarily OPSEC, and secondly, you dont want to be captured with it. I've been in the Army working on 11 years, and I have never seen a helicopter aviator with a leg map on. "

4. Commanche is a LOOOOONG way off...don't even ask about that.

5. Doubt we'll be making Marines as we are primarily a Spec Ops shop (yes..I know they are Spec Ops Capable).....but Green Berets are defenitely on the cards.

6. We may consider some Afghan or Al Qaeda troops....we'll wait and see....we have also considered Somali Technicals (trucks with MGs) and other equipment for BH Down fans....there is so much to do....and we have a lot stuff half complete.....the next months will be packed with releases from us....as we begin to work through the backlog we'll be able to implement more ideas.

7. Thanks for the praise and feedback.<span id='postcolor'>

Ah, finally someone is doing the famous technicals...tons of modmakers promised it but no one ever did it. I have high hopes on this one. biggrin.gif

one silly question

can you raise and lower the googles on the ranger units or do you have different units ones with raised googles and one lowered ones wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tigershark @ Jan. 28 2003,18:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">5. Doubt we'll be making Marines as we are primarily a Spec Ops shop (yes..I know they are Spec Ops Capable).....but Green Berets are defenitely on the cards.<span id='postcolor'>

If I may ask for one small thing: could we *please* see a Green Beret model with an actual beret on his head? Maybe a model in BDUs, but without webgear (i.e. the 'garrison' look?) or maybe in Class A dress uniform?

Is BAS interesting in making Delta Force with OICW and Land Warrior system in the future@@? It is really cool and nobody has made them yet!

biggrin.gifimage

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CuteQA @ Jan. 29 2003,07:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is BAS interesting in Delta Force with OICW and Land Warrior system@@? It is really cool and nobody has made them yet!

biggrin.gifimage<span id='postcolor'>

thats looks cool.. ive seen it in real and seen it on discovery but i dont think we will be making that coming 4 weeks smile.gif

The lost brothers mod did one a while back. But personally I thought it sucked because it had crappy textures and a bad model... I saw that discovery channel show, too smile.gif

here at BAS

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Our Mission: To make realistic, high quality, highly accurate and highly detailed addons for Operation Flashpoint within the limits of the current OFP Editing technology.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes the OCIW does exist, but it is only an experimental weapon at the moment, for that reason, we will NOT be making one for the forseable future..

regarding OpFor's we hjave no plans to make any at this moment in time, as Tigershark said, we are concentrating on clearing our backlog of projects before we commence on any new ones...

so as we have allways said:

Be patient, and the addons will come...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Good things come to those who wait<span id='postcolor'>Heiniken 1997

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (frk19732001 @ Jan. 29 2003,14:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">one silly question

can you raise and lower the googles on the ranger units or do you have different units ones with raised googles and one lowered ones wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

you can raise and lower the goggles using the action menu

Really nice projects(plans) you have BAS you guys are one of the best addon makers but just want to ask 1 thing dont worry I not ask for when when biggrin.gif

Only thing I want to ask is in the Blackhawk chopper will there be rappeling confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ExtracTioN @ Jan. 29 2003,18:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Only thing I want to ask is in the Blackhawk chopper will there be rappeling confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

maby, maby not... you'll have to wait and see...

omg Ballistic please edit those woodland to make it look like modern day US SOLDIERS PLEASE!!!!!!

I'm sorry but seriously if you guys did such a great job on the Special forces i'd love to see what you could do with makign regular marines or soldiers...also what res are those pics at?

WOW...Ive been waiting a looooong time for these...watching the ofpec thread like a hawk and posting every drip of info I could find! The new screens look very clean and its easy to see that ALOT of work has gone into these over time...the weapons look amazing and the soldiers are very detailed! I'm really looking forward to the release! Keep up the great work!

be patient they will be there in a few days