Sign in to follow this  
ExtracTioN

Independence lost release date

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hellfish6 @ Jan. 21 2003,20:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think that BIS is going to release OFP - GOTY with IL in the USA. That explains a lot to me why they've delayed the American release. It seems to me like OFP was much more popular in Europe and the rest of the world, whereas Ghost Recon was more popular in the States. I think Codemasters and BIS are trying to fix that by giving us Amis the whole kit n'kaboodle at once, rightfully blowing GR out of the water.

Also, alternately, they may be timing it for the XBOX version of OFP.

It would be really nice to hear from BIS once or twice about what they're doing. I miss them. sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

looool that sounds stupid to me

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hellfish6 @ Jan. 21 2003,20:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think that BIS is going to release OFP - GOTY with IL in the USA.<span id='postcolor'>

So when is OFP: GOTY released in the states?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (iNeo @ Jan. 21 2003,23:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So when is OFP: GOTY released in the states?<span id='postcolor'>

Search The FAQ for "goty delay". biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you live in North America, that might be because Codemasters has delayed the N. American release until February or March 2003 for "purely marketing reasons", according to a CM spokesperson.<span id='postcolor'>

From Avon's OFP FAQ wink.gif

Ok, I'm hoping now, that I (we) won't get dissapointed crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Jan. 21 2003,22:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (iNeo @ Jan. 21 2003,23:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So when is OFP: GOTY released in the states?<span id='postcolor'>

Search The FAQ for "goty delay". biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

If you live in North America, that might be because Codemasters has delayed the N. American release until February or March 2003 for "purely marketing reasons", according to a CM spokesperson.

<span id='postcolor'>

BIS should get a real publisher.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (iNeo @ Jan. 21 2003,23:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you live in North America, that might be because Codemasters has delayed the N. American release until February or March 2003 for "purely marketing reasons", according to a CM spokesperson.<span id='postcolor'>

From Avon's OFP FAQ wink.gif

Ok, I'm hoping now, that I (we) won't get dissapointed crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Frankly, I'm not expecting anything other than GOTY, maybe released at version 1.91 (or later, if a patch is in the works).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Jan. 21 2003,00:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BIS is located in the EU  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The Czech Republic is NOT located in the EU, sorry smile.gif

those damn european countries are so easy to confuse. biggrin.gif

Terrorpudel-1040677858.jpg

oh f*ck i'm gonna die soon cos i live in iraq!! why nobody told me?!

Terrorpudel-1040678354.jpg

wow.gif  tounge.gif

haha..... yeah i saw on cnn once .. caption read " Experts agree, Bin Laden is dead or alive".

CNN is a joke as far as I'm concerned. If I could, I would love to pull a Beltway Sniper on Wolf Blitzer (don't quote me on that) for all the sensationalistic fluff quasi-reporting he has subjected me to in the past. Their reporting is irrelevant, Crossfire is a joke, and the only show worth a flip is Moneyline, and that's only in comparison to the other crap that is on the air. I could care less about any alleged liberal bias or anything like that, that basic fact is that they just aren't any good at what they do. Now, in contrast, Fox is shameless about supplying their particular brand of infotainment, but they are good at it. Regardless about how I feel about the policy they are pushing, they are really really good at it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gollum1 @ Jan. 22 2003,20:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Jan. 21 2003,00:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BIS is located in the EU  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The Czech Republic is NOT located in the EU, sorry smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yes it is. wow.gifcrazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpaceAlex @ Jan. 23 2003,00:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gollum1 @ Jan. 22 2003,20:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Jan. 21 2003,00:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BIS is located in the EU confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The Czech Republic is NOT located in the EU, sorry smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yes it is. wow.gifcrazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

No, they are not - but they will enter the EU (=European Union) in a few years... tounge.gif

At the moment they are in Europe - as Mexico is in North America - still, like Mexico isn't (officially at last) the 51st state of the USA, the Czech Republic is not a member state of the European Union yet... wink.gif

BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Are we argueing here about where czech is, or are we trying to get any informations out of BI??

i think it is realy sad that BI is not giving us any infromation.

We, all OFP players in Europe where always so loyal to BI, and now they let us in fear...

IS BI dead? or did they let OFP die?

i am scared crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nedal @ Jan. 23 2003,01:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Are we argueing here about where czech is, or are we trying to get any informations out of BI??<span id='postcolor'>

Na, Suma just answered a post in a thread today or yesterday... so at least one man's still standing! But then, as long as we don't get any information from BIS on their running projects, we can just speculate - and in that case it's better to educate some geographically and politically hampered Americans, then waste the time completely... tounge.gif

Im with what joltan said a few pages back.

Im not going to even try to find screen shots of IL till bis says something. OFFICIALLY!

*gets up and walks away from comp. Only to run back and check www.independancelost.com* *sighs* crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jester983 @ Jan. 23 2003,01:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">*gets up and walks away from comp. Only to run back and check www.independancelost.com* *sighs*  crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

back to Enlgish class with spelling Jester. wink.gif

as i mentioned previously, I think we can wait for publisher to talk. i don't know if BIS can say anything before publisher can.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Jan. 23 2003,03:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i don't know if BIS can say anything before publisher can.<span id='postcolor'>

Thats retarded. crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PiNs_Da_Smoka @ Jan. 23 2003,06:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Jan. 23 2003,03:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i don't know if BIS can say anything before publisher can.<span id='postcolor'>

Thats retarded. crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

It's makes business sense and it's the right thing to do.

It basically says the publisher's job is marketing - not the developers. No company wants to have two voices.

In fact, it's most probably in their contractual agreement. Standard stuff.

Well, ok, i already knew/figured that. Simply stating that making it seem that they are "restricted" from saying anything is retarded. I understand if maybe a statement in a magazine or seomthing could be restricted. But i mean, if Suma, Marek or anyone from the BIS team came on the forum, said something along the lines of:

"People, settle down, IL is real, and it will come in time"

I don't see the harm in that. Its not saying anything specific, it will jsut simply end all the speculation and BS rumors that people are starting and spreading around. If anyone one of them came in this thread, simply posted "Yes" or "No", i would be completely and utterly satisfied. But if Codies restricts them from even that, then that is just ploppycakes.

P.S.

Don't start an argument of contractual agreements or anything like that, i'm just stating my opnion.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (iNeo @ Jan. 21 2003,22:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you live in North America, that might be because Codemasters has delayed the N. American release until February or March 2003 for "purely marketing reasons", according to a CM spokesperson.<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

Marketing reasons ?!?

Sounds more they re waiting on a war against Iraq to sell more copies confused.gifcrazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([TU]$33ker @ Jan. 22 2003,22:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">those damn european countries are so easy to confuse. biggrin.gif

Terrorpudel-1040677858.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Switzerland in not in EU too wink.gif But I don't know that CZ et Switzerland are same land smile.gif (I'm from Switzerland...).

Vladimir

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nedal @ Jan. 23 2003,01:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Are we argueing here about where czech is, or are we trying to get any informations out of BI??

i think it is realy sad that BI is not giving us any infromation.

We, all OFP players in Europe where always so loyal to BI, and now they let us in fear...

IS BI dead? or did they let OFP die?  

i am scared      crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

No way BIS is not dead, and i think we just need to wait