Sign in to follow this  
ExtracTioN

Independence lost release date

Guest BratZ

I agree with Pinz...I got excited at first hearing that there might be new title coming,been a while now and I have given up hope.I keep my eye on EBGames for new games coming and no word from any BI games just a few codemasters games.Something like yes or no would be nice.We have been dedicated community for a while.

Dont get me wrong though.I am not one of the people saying "We deserve it!" or other crap like that. I'm simply saying, it would be nice, and take a load off of the community. Although, possibly another 100 threads may be started and locked on the forum....but, well.....you know. tounge.gif

I'm quite sure they are working hard on the next patch and also on something new. They are neither dead nor away for holidays. It is a pity there is no comment from the team, but thinking that there will be nothing just because there is no announcement is just stupid.

We all know that BIS and Codemasters keep the news for themselves as long as possible, and while we do not know if the next version will be another extension, a completely new version or if it will be the IL scenario or - as Avon suggested - the Vietnam theme... there will be something coming up, and I'd bet on a summer release and news within the next 2-3 months.

'just even a slight info release' idea runs two ways.

1. it'll keep some ppl happy.

2. it'll make ppl ask more about it.

when OFPR was announced, ppl were making threads and demanding more info about it. before the news, ppl were complaining about not having info, and after info, people were asking for more. so it's like a sea water next to thristy drafter. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Jan. 23 2003,03:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jester983 @ Jan. 23 2003,01:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">*gets up and walks away from comp. Only to run back and check www.independancelost.com* *sighs*  crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

back to Enlgish class with the spelling Jester. wink.gif

as i mentioned previously, I think we can wait for publisher to talk. i don't know if BIS can say anything before publisher can.<span id='postcolor'>

IRONY ALERT

wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Jan. 22 2003,06:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jester983 @ Jan. 23 2003,01:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">*gets up and walks away from comp. Only to run back and check www.independancelost.com* *sighs*  crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

back to Enlgish class with spelling Jester. wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

....Enlgish? what is this Enlgish class you speak of?

Oh english! crazy.gif Maybe both of us should go back to english class.... tounge.gifwink.gif

I ll be glad IL is released or we get some news about it.

But i m still pretty happy with resistance, i just can t seem to get bored by this game wow.gif Help !

Uhm... wasnt it Seventh and not BIS who made it?

tounge.gifThis thread is famous now! tounge.gif

German:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Gerüchte um OFP2 und Independence Lost  by Doc  

24.01.2003 | 02:10  3 Kommentare  

Heute möchte ich Euch mal auf einen sehr interessanten Thread im offiziellen Forum von OFP aufmerksam machen.

Dort diskutieren einige der bekannteren Mitglieder der OFP Community, z.Bsp. unser aller Avonlady und SFG(ofpec.com), über einen Newspost von einer englischen Gamesite zum Thema Independence Lost.

Nach dieser Gamesite (die url werde ich noch in Erfahrung bringen) ist ein Release Termin im 1 Quartal 2003 vorgesehen.

Bei Nachforschungen stellte ich fest das die PC Games Redaktion Independence Lost wieder in ihre "Most Wanted" Umfrage hereingenommen hat.

Natürlich fehlt uns allen jetzt ein offizielles Statement, aber es ist doch sehr warscheinlich das etwas hinter den Kulissen läuft, was selbst die Leute nicht wissen, die zum engeren Kreis des BI "Informationsflusses" gehören.

Ich persönlich rechne innerhalb der nächsten 1-2 Wochen mit einem Statement im offiziellen Forum seitens BI. Den Thread im FOrum findet ihr HIER<span id='postcolor'>

Translation to *cough* English *cough* by Babelfish:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Rumors around OFP2 and Independence by Doc 24,01,2003 draws | to 02:10 of 3 comments today would like I you attentive times on a very interesting Thread in the official forum of OFP to make. There some the more well-known members of the OFP Community, e.g. our all Avonlady and SFG(ofpec.com) discuss, new post office from an English Gamesite to the topic a Independence draw. After these Gamesite (I will get to know the URL still) release date is intended in the 1 quarter 2003. With investigations I placed that the PC Games editorship Independence draw firmly again into its "Most Wanted" inquiry took. Naturally all an official statement is missing to us now, but it is nevertheless very warscheinlich somewhat behind the window blinds runs, which even the people do not know, which belong to the closer circle of the BI of "information flow". I personally count the Thread in the forum within the next 1-2 weeks on a statement in the official forum on the part of BI. find it HERE<span id='postcolor'>

Well, Trekkie from ofp-zone.de must`ve been bored, so he linked us to his side and made this article tounge.gif

Whoooooooops, Avon... This Babelfish-thingy is obviously neither native german speaker nor native english speaker tounge.gifbiggrin.giftounge.gif

Hi All,

Well let's not forget that the new camel add-on&the 1.91 Patch are in beta Form meaning when the final comes it will have new stuff with it,so that's something to look forward to!!! but anyway a word from BIS on the 1.91 Final&the camel final

release would be nice...come on BIS!We Still Believe your the Best Game Company Ever!!!so how about some Info.... wow.gif  wow.gif  wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scooty @ Jan. 25 2003,03:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">bleib am teppich, schleimscheisser...<span id='postcolor'>

Insults are NOT funny - even if combined with several smilies. mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LT.Schaffer @ Jan. 25 2003,02:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well let's not forget that the new camel add-on&the 1.91 Patch are in beta Form meaning when the final comes it will have new stuff with it,so that's something to look forward to!!!<span id='postcolor'>

The camel made me think about a possible WW1 addon. I think OFP would be great for that. The only things nescessary to add would be proper artillery, deformable landscape (for trenches, craters, etc.) and a way to fight with bayonnets and spades. Horses would be nice, too...

biggrin.gif

Guest jacobaby

You guys sure go off topic quickly!

Instead of paying attention to rumours, listen to the facts.

1) Last patch release for OFP was beta. That means another official one is in the works. Obviously it would be possible to go on patching a game infintely, especially in the way BIS have done so to date, that is enabling new commands, not just fixing things. At some point, that support has to stop.

When? It would make sense to me to be on version 2.0.

Would that coincide with GOTY release in US? Good chance IMHO.

2) For the next bit you need to have read 2 things. The interview with Ondrej Spanel, and the last OFFICIAL comref.

Both of those hint at the next release. Roughly paraphasing it goes like this;

"To make your addons compatible with any future product please use such and such code"

In the interview Ondrej highlighted the importance he attaches to addons, and wants to make them a more integral part of the game. He also states they have been looking at vertex and pixel shading technologies, which to me implies a new graphics engine.

In the comref they highlighted a better way of scripting things, again mentioning a future product.

There IS something in the works. But also OFP isn't finished yet.

And I mean that from both BIS standpoint, AND ours. Check the quality of the addons and features that are now starting to be released, OFP isnt stale or dead. On the contrary it gets stonger each week.

Personally I feel that once news of a sequel gets out, some of the enthusiasm for what is currently in the works will cease.

Take a look at the flashpoint1982 site and project as one example, and you will see what a crying shame that would be.

Even if the addons were portable (as they should be), my guess is that players would rather play them on a shiny new engine, instead of coming back to what they have.

That would mean a hell of a lot of wasted hours, for a hell of a lot of people.

So Bring on OFP2. But not just yet. Let us get the very BEST out of OFP first.

TJ

You know what would be really cool? If BIS told the addon/modmakers out there something like this:

"If you produce a really good quality add-on or campaign and we use it as an official add-on or campaign, we won't pay you, but we'll give you a free copy of the game/expansion disk and put your name in the credits."

That way, everyone is happy, BIS looks like gods, modmakers get rewarded for all their efforts and the community gets really good official add-ons more often then they used to.

The only downside is that maybe more mods and add-ons wouldn't be released to the general public (maybe betas would) but I think the notion that all these add-ons would be standard throughout all OFP players would be a bonus. They way, when you play a mission with them, you don't have to hunt for a missing add-on or anything like that. And it would give the modmakers some official recognition.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hellfish6 @ Jan. 25 2003,21:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You know what would be really cool? If BIS told the addon/modmakers out there something like this:

"If you produce a really good quality add-on or campaign and we use it as an official add-on or campaign, we won't pay you, but we'll give you a free copy of the game/expansion disk and put your name in the credits."

That way, everyone is happy, BIS looks like gods, modmakers get rewarded for all their efforts and the community gets really good official add-ons more often then they used to.

The only downside is that maybe more mods and add-ons wouldn't be released to the general public (maybe betas would) but I think the notion that all these add-ons would be standard throughout all OFP players would be a bonus. They way, when you play a mission with them, you don't have to hunt for a missing add-on or anything like that. And it would give the modmakers some official recognition.<span id='postcolor'>

its even not yet known if they still use the same fileformats for ofp2 smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Jan. 25 2003,15:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hellfish6 @ Jan. 25 2003,21:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You know what would be really cool? If BIS told the addon/modmakers out there something like this:

The only downside is that maybe more mods and add-ons wouldn't be released to the general public (maybe betas would) but I think the notion that all these add-ons would be standard throughout all OFP players would be a bonus. They way, when you play a mission with them, you don't have to hunt for a missing add-on or anything like that. And it would give the modmakers some official recognition.<span id='postcolor'>

its even not yet known if they still use the same fileformats for ofp2  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I know. I was being hypothetical. sad.gif

I bet they do, as they made one of the best game engines, I dont think that they will drop it, but enhance it

I am not sure but as far as I am concerned I have never wasted so much time reading something with so little value.

Moderators please close this thread.

In the futrure if you want to post something about the future products of BIS you had better know something of value.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ADOY @ Jan. 27 2003,07:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In the futrure if you want to post something about the future products of BIS you had better know something of value.<span id='postcolor'>

Or what? You gonna come spank us?

tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ADOY @ Jan. 27 2003,07:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am not sure but as far as I am concerned I have never wasted so much time reading something with so little value.

Moderators please close this thread.

In the futrure if you want to post something about the future products of BIS you had better know something of value.<span id='postcolor'>

you are right... this are only rumours, ive not seen any official news since the IL site got removed