Sign in to follow this  
ExtracTioN

Independence lost release date

I have read on some PC Game Magazine that Indepedence Lost from BIS will be released in the 1st quarter of 2003 this year so it means before April wink.gif

There was some pictures too but the old pictures that was on the IL site but people from BIS have not confirmed yet on official forums that it will be released in the 1st quarter of this year 2003 so can people from BIS team confirm if this is right confused.gif

Hmm, do you remember the name of the magazine?

Would be nice to get to know something, but anyway, very nice to hear that it's getting released Q1 smile.gif

Edit: removed something wrong

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (iNeo @ Jan. 20 2003,10:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Edit: removed something wrong<span id='postcolor'>

If it was IL source code, you better start talking! mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Independence lost release date, 1st quarter of 2003<span id='postcolor'> Yea right confused.gif  crazy.gif Btw most Game Magazine said it would be released in 2002... I dont want to be sceptical to this but i doubt a game will be released when there are hardly no info or a website about it sad.gif

Didn't the IL website originally say it would be released at the end of 2002? So maybe 1st quarter isn't too unrealistic, but BIS are keeping a bit quite if its true.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpeedyDonkey @ Jan. 20 2003,16:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Independence lost release date, 1st quarter of 2003<span id='postcolor'> Yea right confused.gif  crazy.gif Btw most Game Magazine said it would be released in 2002... I dont want to be sceptical to this but i doubt a game will be released when there are hardly no info or a website about it  sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Do you remember how little info BIS released on resistance before it was released? 4 screenshots on the website and 1 or 2 of a bridge? I bet BIS is doing the same thing w/ IL.

this would be a good time to posts some pics to remind us how cool it is.........

*nudges whoever has pics to post them*

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hit_Sqd_Maximus @ Jan. 20 2003,18:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Do you remember how little info BIS released on resistance before it was released? 4 screenshots on the website and 1 or 2 of a bridge? I bet BIS is doing the same thing w/ IL.<span id='postcolor'>

I would not be too sure - at least with resistance it was official that the extension would be released. They kept the details for themselfes, but 3 month before the release we all knew it was about to be out in summer. With IL we do not even have any confirmation that it's still being worked on... I'll start getting exited when I hear a confirmation from BIS about it's release, not a second earlier.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">4 screenshots on the website<span id='postcolor'>Well resistance had a website and IL... confused.gif And i still think its to little info to be released in a matter of a few months! I mean No website, no screenshots, no info about if its a sequel or a new game, etc etc.

So my guess is that IL will come but it will take longer time then 2 or 3 months smile.gif

EDIT: i was typing so slow (ok i was eating mean while) that joltan posted the same thing before me tounge.gif

I would think they would have announced something already if it was comming out 1st Quarter.

i'm going with Joltan on this one.

i would wait for an official statement from distributor. and hopefully US will get IL as fast as EU gets this time, if it is released.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and hopefully US will get IL as fast as EU gets this time, if it is released<span id='postcolor'>NOOO way! i mean 99% of all games is released in US first so i think its good if the producer, CM or who ever would release it in Eu first...

oh and speaking of CodeMasters. I think they should have given us, stockholders or some one else info if they if they signed a deal whit BIS! (dosnt have to be CM could be EA or whatever  crazy.gif well i think u get my point smile.gif)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (joltan @ Jan. 20 2003,18:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">With IL we do not even have any confirmation that it's still being worked on... I'll start getting exited when I hear a confirmation from BIS about it's release, not a second earlier.<span id='postcolor'>

But surely if they stoped working on it all together they would say something right? But yea, I wouldnt think much of it untill BIS officially says so.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpeedyDonkey @ Jan. 20 2003,19:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and hopefully US will get IL as fast as EU gets this time, if it is released<span id='postcolor'>NOOO way! i mean 99% of all games is released in US first so i think its good if the producer, CM or who ever would release it in Eu first...

oh and speaking of CodeMasters. I think they should have given us, stockholders or some one else info if they if they signed a deal whit BIS! (dosnt have to be CM could be EA or whatever  crazy.gif well i think u get my point smile.gif)<span id='postcolor'>

BIS is located in the EU confused.gif

What I'd like is 2 hours to turn BIS's headquarters upside down looking for info on OFP2/IL. The jail sentence for breaking and entering (and possibly assault if I don't like what I see tounge.gif ) would be well worth it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Jan. 21 2003,04:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What I'd like is 2 hours to turn BIS's headquarters upside down looking for info on OFP2/IL. The jail sentence for breaking and entering (and possibly assault if I don't like what I see  tounge.gif ) would be well worth it.<span id='postcolor'>

*Watched BIS beef up security*

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Jan. 21 2003,05:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What I'd like is 2 hours to turn BIS's headquarters upside down looking for info on OFP2/IL.<span id='postcolor'>

Sounds like a mission for IGI2. tounge.gif

what I h8 is ppl putting news in the news section without any proof. We all know that they are working on something, but still I didnt see any1 posting in the news section. Y? Cuz it is not telling us anything new. PC GAMER Volume 10 number 2 February 2003 says

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OPERATION FLASHPOINT: The SEQUEL is not yet confirmed, but we hear from our sources on the front lines that a Vietnam-set shooter may be the next to follow in this franchise....<span id='postcolor'>

PC Gamer has no idea what they are talking about (no offense, unless they r really right lol, they love only Ghost recon anyways and tom clancy loves them and gives em presents).

let see proof else don't post!!!!! Marek will announcit sometime probably

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ale2999 @ Jan. 21 2003,07:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">PC GAMER Volume 10 number 2 February 2003 says

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OPERATION FLASHPOINT: The SEQUEL is not yet confirmed, but we hear from our sources on the front lines that a Vietnam-set shooter may be the next to follow in this franchise....<span id='postcolor'>

PC Gamer has no idea what they are talking about<span id='postcolor'>

My intution says that the Operation Vietnam site did not disappear because they threw out all the work they did until then.

The site was run by Seventh, who works for BIS in Australia.

No, I don't know anything solid. What I said is what you get. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Jan. 20 2003,10:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (iNeo @ Jan. 20 2003,10:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Edit: removed something wrong<span id='postcolor'>

If it was IL source code, you better start talking! mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I wish sad.gif

I think that BIS is going to release OFP - GOTY with IL in the USA. That explains a lot to me why they've delayed the American release. It seems to me like OFP was much more popular in Europe and the rest of the world, whereas Ghost Recon was more popular in the States. I think Codemasters and BIS are trying to fix that by giving us Amis the whole kit n'kaboodle at once, rightfully blowing GR out of the water.

Also, alternately, they may be timing it for the XBOX version of OFP.

It would be really nice to hear from BIS once or twice about what they're doing. I miss them. sad.gif