Sign in to follow this  
Bernadotte

Post your specs!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Jan. 18 2003,19:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([sZ]Vladimir @ Jan. 18 2003,20:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I wait for AMD Hammer to uprade my config<span id='postcolor'>

I can't wait for Intel's campaign! tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Intel... for 3GHz... no I haven't money for that smile.gif and I do prefer AMD CPU smile.gif

And Intel's campaign ? Never see that in Switzerland smile.gif

Vladimir

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Jan. 18 2003,22:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Switzerland, realy.. That country was still missing in this forum (if I am not mistaken).

Ca va au chalet ou bien?<span id='postcolor'>

Vous parlez français ? smile.gif

STS_SolidSnake is too from Switzerland smile.gif

Vladimir

AMD Athlon A 700

256 MB PC-133

Geforce 2GTS

SB Live Player 1024

20GB HDD

DVD-drive (I want DVD-Games; I am not a DJ! )

MS Windows 98SE (migration to "Woody" prepared)

ADSL internet access (I've to thank Telekom for my rather high ping >100 crazy.gif)

My MP3-Jukebox (under construction):

Intel P90, 64 MB RAM, 500 MB HDD, 40x CDROM drive, quadspeed CDROM drive, Debian GNU/Linux 3.0

My compatibility machine:

Intel 486DX2 50, 16MB RAM, Trident VGA, 3.5" + 5.25" FDD, 105MB + 80MB HDD, doublespeed CDROM drive, MS-DOS 6.something

Next topic on my IT investment list: Notebook (portable office/presentation machine, MATLAB/SIMULINK-calculator).

Problem: I sweared "No new Microsoft-OS on my PCs!" due to MS's activities (e.g. TCPA). But to find a notebook without an OS here in Germany is nearly impossible. (Resistance is futile, your PC will be added to our collective...) mad.gif

Actually there is an excellent program out there that summarises you entire system specs into a pdf file..neat and clean..

I used it when I recently sold an old Laptop of mine.

amd athlon 1.4 (soon to be 2400xp)

512 ddr

40gig hdd

soundblaster 5.1 live

Nforce2 mobo

ATI Radeon 9700PRO

WIN2k pro

17" flatscreen

512k broadband

just ordered a new PC. Here are the specs:

AMD XP 2600+

512mb RAM

120gb hard drive

48x 12x 48x CDRW Drive

16x DVD Drive

128mb ATI Radeon 9000

15 inch TFT monitor

XP home edition

urgh, I dont like those people still insisting on Athlon. Those are the people that rarely give tips during their hollidays and are nitpicking about every penny. Pentium is the Bentley of processors and I like nice cars! tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Pentium is the Bentley of processors and I like nice cars!

<span id='postcolor'>

It's your money, you can buy whatever you want... wink.gif

Better: PPC. Or one of these "still-in-the-lab-and-not-for-sell" asynchronic processors. biggrin.gif

But be aware of TCPA -intel's on the list. crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KEVBAZ @ Jan. 20 2003,18:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">amd athlon 1.4 (soon to be 2400xp)

512 ddr

40gig hdd

soundblaster 5.1 live

Nforce2 mobo

ATI Radeon 9700PRO

WIN2k pro

17" flatscreen

512k broadband<span id='postcolor'>

kev, if you have an nforce 2 board wouldnt it be better to use the onboard sound? cous thats loads better then a sb live

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nolips71 @ Jan. 21 2003,00:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KEVBAZ @ Jan. 20 2003,18:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">amd athlon 1.4 (soon to be 2400xp)

512 ddr

40gig hdd

soundblaster 5.1 live

Nforce2 mobo

ATI Radeon 9700PRO

WIN2k pro

17" flatscreen

512k broadband<span id='postcolor'>

kev, if you have an nforce 2 board wouldnt it be better to use the onboard sound? cous thats loads better then a sb live<span id='postcolor'>

Sshh

Its a n00bie. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Jan. 20 2003,13:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">urgh, I dont like those people still insisting on Athlon. Those are the people that rarely give tips during their hollidays and are nitpicking about every penny. Pentium is the Bentley of processors and I like nice cars! tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

because my o/c duron that cost $80Cdn and out-performs $200 P4s. This way I could afford that swanky GF4 card in my computer and 512mb of 2700 DDR. All for the price of a P4 and mb smile.gif

COLINMAN

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DayGlow @ Jan. 21 2003,09:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif9--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Jan. 20 2003,13wow.gif9)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">urgh, I dont like those people still insisting on Athlon. Those are the people that rarely give tips during their hollidays and are nitpicking about every penny. Pentium is the Bentley of processors and I like nice cars! tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

because my o/c duron that cost $80Cdn and out-performs $200 P4s. This way I could afford that swanky GF4 card in my computer and 512mb of 2700 DDR. All for the price of a P4 and mb smile.gif

COLINMAN<span id='postcolor'>

if it was true we would all be using AMD tounge.gif

I just upgraded my video card from an Asus V7100 64mb Geforce 2 to a kickass Asus V8460 128mb Geforce 4 (TI 4600).

Much to my dismay, this seemed to make very little difference to the visual quality of my OFP. Have I not tweaked the right settings? My screenshots still don't look as nice as many I see here on the forums.

The next step is more RAM (I have 256mb PC800 RDRAM, going to double it to 512mb).

I am also going to upgrade my OS to either Windows 2000 or Windows XP (currently 98).

Anyone got any advice for me?

Get RivaTuner, lower the LOD Bias to about -1.0, enable anisotropic filtering, and turn on FSAA (Quincuncx is fine). Then max out all of the OFP visual details, but keep the terrain detail at the minimum. Set the view distance to >2000.

Edit: Duh!

Thanks Frag, I'm doing a reinstall and overhaul of my PC later in the week (adding a new CD burner, second HDD and new LAN card). Once I have a fresh install I will give what you said a try.

And I should have mentioned earlier but forgot -- get Windows XP instead of Windows 2000. There is nothing wrong with 2000, but XP is nicer if you are going to play games.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Jan. 21 2003,09:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am also going to upgrade my OS to either Windows 2000 or Windows XP (currently 98).

Anyone got any advice for me?<span id='postcolor'>

Keep Win98 and try "Woody"! biggrin.gif

one of many gaming sites

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ale2999 @ Jan. 21 2003,01:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DayGlow @ Jan. 21 2003,09:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Jan. 20 2003,13wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">urgh, I dont like those people still insisting on Athlon. Those are the people that rarely give tips during their hollidays and are nitpicking about every penny. Pentium is the Bentley of processors and I like nice cars! <!--emo&tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

COLINMAN<span id='postcolor'>

if it was true we would all be using AMD  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

comparision between my $80 duron vs $240 P4 1.8 with same video card, memory, driver version etc:

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=5305874

I'd say I've got a good deal tounge.gif

COLINMAN

CPU: AMD Athlon XP +1700 // 1.33 GHZ

GFX: Visiontek GeForce 3 Ti500 // 64MB RAM

RAM: 768MB PC2100

HD1: Western Digital 80GB HD // 7200RPM

HD2: IBM 40GB HD // 7200RPM

S/C: Soundblaster Audigy MP3+ // 5.1 Surround

MON: NEC MultiSync FE700+ // 19IN

O/S: Windows XP Home Edition

K/B: Logitech Cordless Freedom // Black

MSE: Logitech Cordless Freedom Optical // Black/Silver

NET: Earthlink ADSL

INP: 6 USB // 3 Firewire

DRV: Creative 52X CD-ROM

CSE: Antec Charcoal Grey Case

1X Blinking Red Light

1X Red Cold Cathode

4X Lighted Blue Fans @ 2100RPM

1X Generic 120MM Fan // Biohazard Grille

Rounded Cables

------------------------------------------------------

Operation Flashpoint

Operation Flashpoint: Red Hammer

Operation Flashpoint: Resistance

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002

Battlefield 1942

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2

ElastoMania

Vietcong MP Beta

Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7

Jasc Animation Shop Pro

Adobe Photoshop 7

Adobe Image Ready

Adobe Premiere

Macromedia Flash MX

Macromedia Dreamweaver MX

Macromedia Fireworks MX

Macromedia Freehand MX

Microsoft Word

Microsoft Excel

Microsoft Frontpage

Microsoft Powerpoint

Rand McNally Mapping 2003

I'd say 3/4 of my software is 'borrowed'. smile.gif

I must say though, OFP is definitley not one of them!

Question:

I want to upgrade my RAM, I currently have 261,616KB of DDR ram. My motherboard is a K7AMA which supports a RAM bus of both 100MHz or 133MHz: Can I get a DDR RAM chip that uses a higher bus, say 266MHz? Will it work?

Which is better? One gig of SDRAM or 512Mb of DDRRAM?

Some RAM stuff for sale, what should I get?

One last question: Is there a site where I can go that will answer any questions I have? A good FAQ or forum would really help out alot.

Thanks.

Tyler

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Question:

I want to upgrade my RAM, I currently have 261,616KB of DDR ram. My motherboard is a K7AMA which supports a RAM bus of both 100MHz or 133MHz: Can I get a DDR RAM chip that uses a higher bus, say 266MHz? Will it work?<span id='postcolor'>

i think you should be shot at dawn for that. you have allready got 266 ddr cous that is 133ddr 2x 133= 266 tounge.gif so that is the fastest ram you can get

CPU - AMD Athlon XP +1600 // 1.40 GHZ

Mobo - Asus A7N8X[Agp 8x, USP 2.0 others]

GFXCRD - Gainward GeForce 4 Ti4200 Golden Sample 64MB RAM biggrin.gif

RAM - 256MB PC2100[getting another slot next week]

Hd - Maxtor 40Gb rpm 5400 confused.gif

Cd1 - HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE -8160B

Cd2 - Liteon DVD Ltd163

Monit - Sony 16IN CPD-L200/M151

Keyb - Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard Web

Mse - Logitech Cordless Freedom Optical

Net - 512k ADSL Bt internet  wink.gif  

---------Games---------

Ofp/r[3gb of addons]

Half life+Mods[over 10gb of mods:)]

Bf 1942[Few mods]

Vietcong Beta

Msfs 2000 confused.gif

Theres lots more but cant be bothed to put them down biggrin.gif

Processor: Athlon Xp 2400+

Graphics card: GeForce 4 Ti 4600 Asus (128 Mo DDR)

Sound Card: Creative audio digy 2

RAM: 1536 mo DDR (3 x 512 mo)

HDD: 2x 80 Go + 1 x 100 Go western digital 7200 tpm

Mouse: Logitech optical

Monitor: 21"

Connection: adsl

resolution desk : 2048x1536

Benchmark : around 12 000