Sign in to follow this  
Bernadotte

Post your specs!

733mHz

512 SDRAM

30 gig & 60 gig HDs

Radeon 7200 32mb(though I need to get around to installing a new 64mb vid. card I got for x-max.)

Windows ME

By the way, since I should be getting a new computer by July(I hope & pray) or so, what type of ram is the best?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (edc @ Jan. 16 2003,02:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">733mHz

512 SDRAM

30 gig & 60 gig HDs

Radeon 7200 32mb(though I need to get around to installing a new 64mb vid. card I got for x-max.)

Windows ME

By the way, since I should be getting a new computer by July(I hope & pray) or so, what type of ram is the best?<span id='postcolor'>

As far as I know ddr-ram. But i've seen something like RD-ram, maybe that's even better?

Processor: 2.26ghz P4

RAM: 512mb

HD: 80 gig

CDROM: 1 CD-RW and 1 DVD speed

Video Card: GeForce4

*computer sizzles*

wink.gif

AMD Duron 1ghz @1.4 (148 fsb)

512mb DDR

Gigabyte something rxp mb

Leadteck GF4ti4400 @ 4600 speeds

Windows xp

COLINMAN

Processor: 1.2 AMD Duron

Video: nVidia GeForce2 200/400 64MB

Memory: 256 DDram

HDD: 60GB WD 7200rpm

CDs: 48x16x48x CDRW

52x CD (gettin' crazy IO errors with it)

MSI Motherboard. Forgot Model. Onboard sound, LAN. Bluetooth as well.

Red Alienware case, with one of those damn LED Fans in the back. Looks cool at night though.

Monitor is something like 17" .

Games right now:

OFP:Res 1.91b

Neverwinter Nights

Madden 2002

Use it mostly for OFP:Red and editing songs and making..."compilations".

EDIT: oh yeah....win2k SP3

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpeedyDonkey @ Jan. 15 2003,12:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes i have downloaded them several times and im sure its the right files, i have also tried my Asus drivers that came whit the card several times, but whit the same result  sad.gif I dont know what the problem is confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I'd download the drivers and if they are an .exe, I'd manually unzip them into a temp folder. Once you've done this go to the control pannel and the system icon. Go into the device manager and right click on your display device. Select update drivers and tell the dialog box you will point the installer to the right destination. Using the browse function in the installer to the temp folder and install the drivers.

Hopefully this will work

COLINMAN

Sitting in my desk in pieces

p4 2.4 gz

256 ddr

LOL

What I am using

p3 1.1gz

512 sdram

geforce 4 ti4200

40 HD

On board sound

directx 9 (my system with directx 9 has not been running very smoothly, I believe worst than in directx 8.1, could be only me what do u guys think)

Adsl

Ofp runs ok, expect some coop (Mission makers put like a trillion ai's instead of making them spawn)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'd download the drivers and if they are an .exe, I'd manually unzip them into a temp folder. Once you've done this go to the control pannel and the system icon. Go into the device manager and right click on your display device. Select update drivers and tell the dialog box you will point the installer to the right destination. Using the browse function in the installer to the temp folder and install the drivers<span id='postcolor'> Thx for your replay too colinman! but yes i have done that too (i manually install them from C:\Nvidia\9x\41.09 but it dosnt seem to work neither :-/

Do you have an old vidcard lying around? Maybe totally physically uninstalling the card, use the remove hardware option, install the old card, take it out and install the new? Also maybe getting det destroyer from guru3d.com. It may help clean the regristry of old parts that are affecting the install. Weird. I've never heard of your problem before.

COLINMAN

well i might do that colinman, but i know my windows ME is screwed up in all kinds of ways so i suspect that might be the problem. Im gonna install XP and hope it will work then smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Jan. 16 2003,10:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would post this pic again

unfunny.jpg

but noone found it funny last time.<span id='postcolor'>

holerith.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Jan. 16 2003,10:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Jan. 16 2003,10:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would post this pic again

unfunny.jpg

but noone found it funny last time.<span id='postcolor'>

holerith.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Some people try too hard. confused.giftounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bernadotte @ Jan. 16 2003,10:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">abacus-vom-abacus-zum-computer.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

And the award for funniest pic about your PC specs goes to....

As embarrasing as this is, i'm going to post my specs, a few of them at least as to save a little face....

Processor: GenuineIntel Pentium® II  451 MHz mdB0

Video: 1152x864 in 64K Colors, Diamond Viper V550 for Windows 98 Ver. 4.0

Memory: 256mb

Sound: Creative Labs Sound Blaster PCI128

And the topper: A P.O.S. 56k for lightning fast and furious downloads.

And thats all you're getting from me, because....well....i'm about to cry just reminding myself about it. And yes, believe it or not, OFP runs pretty decent on my comp. Although my pc has taken steps into death, one about 8 months ago, and another about 1 month ago....it jsut keeps getting gradually shittier and shittier. For all you 3d freaks out there, try and imagine rendering whole 3d scenes on this thing.....its not fun. confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bernadotte @ Jan. 16 2003,11:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">abacus-vom-abacus-zum-computer.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

We're not just posting old computer photos.

Maybe you saw it in Major Fubar's but I think you all may have missed noticing something in my pic. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PiNs_Da_Smoka @ Jan. 16 2003,11:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As embarrasing as this is, i'm going to post my specs, a few of them at least as to save a little face....

Processor: GenuineIntel Pentium® II  451 MHz mdB0

Video: 1152x864 in 64K Colors, Diamond Viper V550 for Windows 98 Ver. 4.0

Memory: 256mb

Sound: Creative Labs Sound Blaster PCI128

And the topper: A P.O.S. 56k for lightning fast and furious downloads.<span id='postcolor'>

giggles.jpg

Epox 8RDA+ @ 200

512mb Corsair XMS3200

AMD 2400+ running at 2300mhz

Antec 1080AMG case

9700 Pro

ST Home DSL modem, capped at 512k

Running on XP Pro

smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Jan. 16 2003,13:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Maybe you saw it in Major Fubar's but I think you all may have missed noticing something in my pic. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Barbarino.JPG  What?? confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bernadotte @ Jan. 16 2003,15:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Barbarino.JPG  What?? confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Ah................ Vinnie! biggrin.gif

It's in the fine print. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (m16a2m203 @ Jan. 16 2003,16:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"Oh No! ......."<span id='postcolor'>

tounge.gif

I don't see it.....

*cleans off glasses*

sad.gif

Now, let me explain. The above smilie that i used, is usually used to signify sadness, or lack of happiness about something. And i have absolutely no problem with that. When a frown is in town, let it be down. But, the reason i have put it there is not to show sadness, NO! But i actually used it because of the way it looks. Let me explain. If you look closely at the eyes, it can KINDA look as if it is squinting. Now, the fact that i said i don't see it should be self explanatory in itself, but if not, i'll explain more. As said before, i said "i don't see it" then i used text enclosed by two *'s to signify an action, much like /me is used in IRC, ya with me? And then, after that i put that "sad" smilie". But as said before, i didn't use it because its sad. After taking into account what i said, about not seeing it and cleaning my glasses, you will surely see that the smilie presented there is to represent that I, PiNs_Da_Smoka, am squinting to try and see "it". But i have no idea what "it" is. I'm guessing it says something ont he paper, but i cannot make it out. Thus, once again, why i said what i said, and used that smilie.

If you have any questions on my previous statement or my sanity (or lack thereof) feel free to not e-mail or talk to me. Thank you for your time. smile.gif

P.S.

That last smilie i used was to represent exactly what it is, a smile on my face. Because i am smiling, so i used a smilie, that is smiling. Do you see the irony in it? I do....

Guest BratZ

I'm burning A:

Amd 1333 Tbird

Asus A7A 266 MB

512meg SDR ram

140 gig HD space

20x Yamaha Lightspeed CDRW

16x generic DVD Rom

Visiontek Extasy Geforce4 Ti 4200 128mb

Using built-on sound

17" semi flatscreen capable of 1600x1200

Logitech cordless mouse (just died actually)

I play Res at 1024x768 at 2500m view distance and low quality settings

Im due for an cpu upgrade,I have 1 spare 256ddr stick,when I get another I will have ddr