Sign in to follow this  
suchey

Modern usmc marpat

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Best case scenario I get a kick ass custom m16a4<span id='postcolor'>

Alright Suchey - I'm on it!  Sorry I haven't been in contact lately.  I've been messing with a lot of different projects, finding hard to get starting at upgrading my M16's to 1st person quality for OFP, but all the talk about your marines is getting me stoked to make weapons.

You'll have your M16A4 and M203 - you can bank on that.  Anything else will have to be based on time/priority but I think I'm excited enough to go all the way.

(in other words, HOLY CRAP this is gonna be a popular addon and everyones begging for weapons and I don't want to lose my place as the armourer - consider me PWS at Quantico! )

WOOT! Ill take that as the go ahead to let the cat out of the bag then biggrin.gif As you all prolly see from the above post, Earl will be doing weapons for the Marpat pack...he does some damn good stuff! Remember the SR-74/47...hes putting his talent to work on the small arms for the Marpat boys. Ive been waiting to let folks know until the word came in from Earl. More to come.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Liquid_Silence @ Feb. 01 2003,01:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cloney @ Jan. 31 2003,03:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What would be *REALLY* cool is if they were released with the BAS Ranger/Delta Pack! Imagine that! MARPAT, Desert and Woodland Rangers and ton and I mean TONS of new rifles for them to play around with.<span id='postcolor'>

Um, it would never happen since BAS does realistic addons...

Rangers = US Army...

MARPAT = MARine PATtern

Rangers != Marines

i.e. Rangers don't get MARPAT

(p.s. No offence meant, I'm just being blunt 'cause I'm in a hurry tounge.gif )<span id='postcolor'>

isnt the digital camo realistic?

marines are gone use them arent they?

BAS makes up to date addons or maybe near future also smile.gif

Vixer -

What he is trying to say is that MARPAT is for US Marines only. Rangers are US Army. Delta does whatever the hell they want to do. So you won't see it on Rangers in a BAS addon because it would not be realistic. Now if you mean that BAS would be cool enough to get Suchey to work together with BAS so their would be a "complete" set of Army helos/units and Marine helos/units all together then yes that woulkd be great. I for one am all for uniformity with all these addons to keep track of. I wish BIS would make the addon folder more capable by putting subsets in it such as WW2, Vietnam, Modern etc so we could keep all this stuff organized.

i think the original quote was misunderstood too, i think what he was trying to say is that with the marines, rangers and deltas in a pack along with the weapons would be great for mp, or something

Thank Evi! Thats actually what I meant but I should have written MARPAT Marines instead of just MARPAT. I still think that those addon packs released together would rival Nam Pack in terms of coolness. Is it a coincidence that BAS and The NP team have many of the same people?

Suchey, its great to see that you have someone doing the small arms! These Marines are going to be fantastic.

canada2.jpg

Canada Marpat Pattern

usa8.jpg

American Woodland Marpat Pattern

Just for those of you who didn't know what marpat is. That page that is mentioned in the pics is a nice resource for addonmakers!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cloney @ Feb. 01 2003,20:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is it a coincidence that BAS and The NP team have many of the same people?<span id='postcolor'>

Well, no, SelectThis and I have been on the team for a long time (although him much longer than me), after the nam pack work was finished i asked Ebud if he fancied doing some BAS work and he joined, so now all of the SEB Team are on BAS, and the texture work by Ebud on the deltas/rangers is astounding

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (m16a2m203 @ Feb. 01 2003,17:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Vixer -

What he is trying to say is that MARPAT is for US Marines only. Rangers are US Army. Delta does whatever the hell they want to do. So you won't see it on Rangers in a BAS addon because it would not be realistic. Now if you mean that BAS would be cool enough to get Suchey to work together with BAS so their would be a "complete" set of Army helos/units and Marine helos/units all together then yes that woulkd be great. I for one am all for uniformity with all these addons to keep track of. I wish BIS would make the addon folder more capable by putting subsets in it such as WW2, Vietnam, Modern etc so we could keep all this stuff organized.<span id='postcolor'>

to keep everything sorted on addons, just make seperated addons folders, very easy to use like -vietnam it has all vietnam addons and -presentday everything of todays war stuff like bas makes wink.gif if you want more info i can tell how to make it

i hope he lets his marpat soldiers come with a saw..this pack is gonna rock

Lookin forward to see those guys in game, great work Suchey.

About weapons, well, check Earl's site, there are some Ghost Recon M16s (M16A4/M203 with ACOG Reflex, and M16A3 with Beta-C mag), and i tell you people, those "Low polycount TPP models" look better than many weapons made for OFP.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (.40S&W @ Feb. 01 2003,22:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Lookin forward to see those guys in game, great work Suchey.

About weapons, well, check Earl's site, there are some Ghost Recon M16s (M16A4/M203 with ACOG Reflex, and M16A3 with Beta-C mag), and i tell you people, those "Low polycount TPP models" look better than many weapons made for OFP.<span id='postcolor'>

the colt rifles even have the little addon magazine handle .. damn , those are nice

Yes it was updated...the current picture is one of the Force Recon Units...although the project isnt focused on Spec Ops, there will be a couple of Force Recon units included in order to allow mission editors additional freedom in design.

That is more than awesome, thats fucking spectacular! I can't wait to use these Marines and the new BAS Rangers and Delta in a combined Op.

Sweet! How is earl doing, by the way?

It's been pretty quiet in the weapons department until Sunday.  Bookmark this website:

http://www.baconbomb.com/usmc

All weapon progress pics will cycle through there, I'll try to keep it moving pretty quickly so there's always something new to see.

Direct your comments about weapons here:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....3;st=50

Now that's quality! Beats BAS weapons pack quality any day (just something to compare tounge.gif), can't even see any warped textures wow.gif.

I think (at least in my view) that its important to mention that neither Earl or myself feel that competion between our pack and the BAS Delta Pack is something we want to encourage, nor is it healthy for the community.  The BAS Delta Pack is TOP quality work...and I, for one, am looking forward to using BOTH packs together in play.  In fact, the first thing I did (after refreshing the forums for an hour waiting for the Deltas release biggrin.gif ) was to put them both in a quick mission setup side by side and go to work on some Ruskies! (nothing like seeng a horde of US Marines, Deltas, and Rangers go buck wild on some spetz!wink.gif  Ive seen Mod teams go at each other around this community and others and it never results in anything positive.  I think I speak for both Earl and myself when I say we arent about trying to out do anyone....we are just trying to put together a nice addon that we can all enjoy in conjunction with other addons.  I think anyone who takes the time to create an addon, a map, a piece of script, a fan site, or ANYTHING that adds to the community is tops in my book!  I know you may not have meant it like that, but I wanted to get this out there.  It is my hope that players can enjoy the Delta weapons and soldiers AND the USMC weapons and Marpat soldiers at the same time!  

On a similar note...I cant wait to see my Mapat Marines, carrying Earls weapons and being deployed from BAS USMC helecopters, while Army Ranger and Delta patrol the areas below!   WOOT!   wow.gif

I have MUCH respect for the talent displayed by the BAS team in producing such a high quality addon...and I hope that we will also earn their respect and that of the communities when ours is released.

Suchey, great stuff, one comment though: the new MARPAT BDU trousers have internal pouches for kneepads, so having Force Recon troops with external kneepads is kind of redundant. Other than that, looks awesome. One other question: are the Marines' goggles going to positionable like BAS's googles?

True...the new MARPAT does include internal houseing for both knee and elbow pads, however, I added it for 2 reasons...

One:  I would imagine that the the kneepads which fill these pockets arent exactly the best for the job...probably designed to be good enough for the common soldier, but given the choice, a spec ops trooper just might choose to wear external kneepads as well.  Since spec ops has more opportunity to use the gear of their choice, I figured adding the external pads wouldnt be too much of a stretch.  Think of it this way...in football, the pads which fit into the pants are  plenty for most players, but lots of guys also choose to wear additional knee protection on top or undeneath the standard inserts.  I know if given the opportunity I would certainly welcome the additional protection that the external padding afforded.  

Two:  They help to differentiate the spec ops units from the regulars and just plain look nice  biggrin.gif

Regarding the goggles, they wont be positional.  Some units will wear the goggles down, others will have them up.

Thanks TEX...glad you like the units so far!

PS...the USMC regualars in this pack do not have external knee pads.