snkman

Tactical Combat Link - TypeX

Thanks for your feedback Muecke! :thumbs-up:

Didn't see this error since quite a while but i still need to find a way of how to know exactly how many A.I. unit(s) a spawned A.I. group will have right when it beginns to spawn.

Currently i'm using a sleep delay but if A.I. group(s) spawn many A.I. unit(s) ( more than 17 ) it might will be not enough time till the group has finished spawning.

The default B.I.S. A.I. Spawn module use some kind of delayed spawning which makes it really hard to tell if all A.I. unit(s) of a A.I. group already finished spawning and ready for initializing.

Still need a fix for that... :headscratch:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, snkman said:

Thanks for your feedback Muecke! :thumbs-up:

Didn't see this error since quite a while but i still need to find a way of how to know exactly how many A.I. unit(s) a spawned A.I. group will have right when it beginns to spawn.

Currently i'm using a sleep delay but if A.I. group(s) spawn many A.I. unit(s) ( more than 17 ) it might will be not enough time till the group has finished spawning.

The default B.I.S. A.I. Spawn module use some kind of delayed spawning which makes it really hard to tell if all A.I. unit(s) of a A.I. group already finished spawning and ready for initializing.

Still need a fix for that... :headscratch:

@snkman

Hi!

If you don't mind, I took a look at your scripts to see the error in question. At line 71 of file "TCL_Take_Cover_F", you've written: _time = _unit getVariable "TCL_Take_Cover". To prevent issues with uninitialized variables, I recommend this instead:

_time = _unit getVariable ["TCL_Take_Cover", n]

Where "n" is a number of your choosing. From my understanding, you use this variable to tell the unit to stay in cover for 15 seconds. So 0 should be a good default number for "n". Thus, change the line to:

_time = _unit getVariable ["TCL_Take_Cover", 0]

And the error will be gone! 🙂

I also recommend this procedure for other variables as well! This should prevent unnecessary errors!

Hope it helps!

• Like 1

By the way, can I make a feature request?

For the CBA version, if you add these lines at the beginning of the file "TCL_Preprocess.sqf", we can easily disable the mod in incompatible missions without restarting and unloading the mod, which would be awesome!

["TCL_MOD_Enabled", "CHECKBOX", "Enable TCL", "Tactical Combat Link" ,true, 1] call CBA_Settings_fnc_init;

if !(TCL_MOD_Enabled) exitWith {};

This line adds a new menu to ADDON OPTIONS, called "Tactical Combat Link", and adds an option "Enable TCL", which can easily be checked or unchecked to enable/disable the mod! A mission restart is required, of course, but it's better that restarting ARMA!

@Leopard20

Sure you are free to check out the scripts! :icon5:

Pretty close!

I use this variable to delay next cover search for the given A.I. unit so its not used way too much.

The problem here is like i wrote above the given A.I. unit which throws the error simply don't have this variable!

The A.I. unit wasn't initialized properly e.g. the spawned A.I. group was initialized by T.C.l. bevor all A.I. unit(s) of the A.I. group finished spawning.

So the A.I. unit(s) which spawned after the A.I. group was initialized will miss this variable which leads to the script error...

So spawned A.I. group(s) should be initialized after all A.I. unit(s) finished spawning to prevent this.

Next version of T.C.L. don't use C.B.A. anymore.

But yes you are right!

I'm already using some unique variables for T.C.L. system initialize but they are set bevor the Init.sqf is executed.

Anyway... Will change this to make it possible.

20 minutes ago, snkman said:

The problem here is like i wrote above the given A.I. unit which throws the error simply don't have this variable!

The A.I. unit wasn't initialized properly e.g. the spawned A.I. group was initialized by T.C.l. bevor all A.I. unit(s) of the A.I. group finished spawning.

So the A.I. unit(s) which spawned after the A.I. group was initialized will miss this variable which leads to the script error...

So spawned A.I. group(s) should be initialized after all A.I. unit(s) finished spawning to prevent this.

So, modifying the "getVariable" as I said didn't fix the issue? It should have. When you write a getVariable like this:

_unit getVariable ["TCL_Take_Cover", n]

First, the engine attempts to get the variable "TCL_Take_Cover" from the unit nameSpace. If it's not initialized, the engine will return the default value (which is "n" in the above script).

By the way, I'm sorry about writing wrong info about adding the Enable option to CBA. You have added the init to the CAManBase, so doing it as I said won't work. I sent you the corrected one via PM!

Oh i see! :icon5:

Damn... Didn't know there is an alternative syntax for this!

Many thanks will test it. :thumbs-up:

Well still need to find a general fix for the spawned A.I. unit(s) initialize...

• Like 3

Well still need to find a general fix for the spawned A.I. unit(s) initialize...

🙏

• Like 1

11 hours ago, snkman said:

@Machiya

So they should use all A.I. combat features but stay where they are right?

Hmm... Guess this shouldn't be much of a problem to get it working like this.

Absolutely. I can see this as something very useful.

Ps. I will test statics again then. 

@Machiya

It would be interesting to have a variable that kept all TCL functions (cover, movement) but didn’t drive the specified unit into the nearest battle (ie their job is to cover a flank).

Just thought about your request of not moving A.I. unit(s) / group(s).

Did you already try the "TCL_Hold" group type?

It keeps A.I. unit(s) / group(s) where ever they are also those A.I. unit(s) / group(s) are not allowed to get requested as reinforcement(s).

Guess this should fit your needs?

@snkman [SOLVED]
This works because you can give a "TCL_Hold" Squad a waypoint and it moves there.
Good Call.

@Statics

MGLFfoA.png

The units appear to ignore Statics even when the enemy is farther away (note: a different squad to the player's squad; 4nr. units in the non-player squad.)

Nice!

Glad to hear it works for you! :thumbs-up:

Well... Do you try to use Static Weapons with a player group?

If yes it only works for A.I. group(s).

Have to test it myself right now just to be sure. :icon2:

how can i change the skills of the ai (aiming, reload speed, etc.)?

I ran an urban combat scenario in a clutter setting (two sides, 3 squads per side, 1 waypointed at the enemy).

BENCHMARKS

No Mods - 42FPS - non-combat squads remain as placed.

C2 Mod only - 36FPS - I use this 100% of the time for controlling AI (C2 beta r70)

C2 + VCOM - 40FPS - it's (obviously) a better fight than vanilla but the AI fight individually; they spread out alot!

C2 + ASR - 40 FPS - again units spread out.

C2 + MCC (GAIA) - 22FPS - I had not realised the FPS overhead (will now be running it on a dedicated Zeus only).

TCL

C2 + TCL - 44-48 FPS (i.e. better than vanilla) - it seems that because TCL is designed to be very vanilla, it works very efficiently and even relieves the ARMA's AI engine?!
Also the 'fight' remains very squad oriented. THIS looks/feels very authentic. In fact, better than all of the others.
The initial temporary garrisoning also works well.

SUMMARY

I am amazed how light (in terms of FPS) TCL is -- especially as I am pretty certain the 'combat' is top of the class!!

One way of bringing this debate to a much wider audience, would be to start a Discord Channel (as many other Arma Mods have).  This way you can start building a bigger community.
It is interesting to see how C2 has stopped updating Steam in favour of releasing beta (over 70 now) on Discord.

• Like 1

Hi snkman, nice to see you in action again...      ..I'm the "script version guy", we chat in pm sometimes about that un GL4...  ..in july 2010!!!!  kkk

I'm tryng the example missions in script mode and it seems fine...   ..Questions

#1.PArametrers from userconfig...  ....how can I edit them in "script mode".  

#2.DEBUG PArameters... ...I'd like to understand it better, but I imagine that the documentation gave gave you lots of work.... ...could just briefly say whats are the parameters in sequence in provided init.sqf.

#3.In script mode, what should I do to exclude units or groups that I dont wanna to request-Reinforce at all? (keeping the "smart AI features" would be even better)

#4.Custom Groups -The read me.pdf  It's not so clear, I didn't understand why use it.

thanx man!

Hi charlis! :icon5:

#1.PArametrers from userconfig

You should be able to use them as long as you have -filePatching.

Doesn't matter if AddOn or Script Based.

#2.DEBUG PArameters

Sure!

They are exactly the same as in "UserConfig\TCL\TCL_Debug.sqf".

From left to right 0 - 6.

I could write them like this:

TCL_Debug =
[
	True,

True,

True,

True,

True,

True,

True
];

Hope this helps you understanding?

#3.In script mode, what should I do to exclude units or groups that I dont wanna to request-Reinforce at all?

Thats one of the more complicated parts right now...

You could set the A.I. group settings in the editor.

Default A.I. group settings are:

[0,0.15,3,[3000, 5000, 7000, 10000, 13000],False,1,700,True,True,170,False];

Change 3 to 0:

[0,0.15,0,[3000, 5000, 7000, 10000, 13000],False,1,700,True,True,170,False];

In the editor go to the given A.I. group(s) composition init and write:

this setVariable ["TCL_AI", [0,0.15,0,[3000, 5000, 7000, 10000, 13000],False,1,700,True,True,170,False] ];

to overwrite default A.I. group settings on individual A.I. group(s).

This will change allowed requested reinforcement(s) for given A.I. group from 3 A.I. group(s) to 0 A.I. group(s).

#4.Custom Groups

Yeah bit confusing i guess... :headscratch:

Lets say you have 10 A.I. group(s) on the map but you like to use T.C.L. with 3 of them only.

Instead of disabeling the other 7 A.I. groups you can use the "TCL_Custom" with the 3 A.I. group(s) you like to get initialized and all other A.I. group(s) not using the "TCL_Custom" will be excluded from initialize automatically.

Hope i could help you at least a bit... :icon2:

• Like 1

Hey! thanks for the ultra-fast reply!!  Helped a lot!!!

Most of all seams pretty clear, but I still have some minor doubts,

I'll ask in a format of several smaller questions, to trying to more direct,

pls reply  as fit you better.

5 hours ago, snkman said:

#1.PArametrers from userconfig

You should be able to use them as long as you have -filePatching.

Doesn't matter if AddOn or Script Based.

So, I should install it locally, the same way as in Mod/Addon" versions, and edit each line at "user config".

but, in this case, with the mission released, how can I make/know that "my settings" in user config, will be the same for the person which download it? it won't right?
And If the player, doesn't have his own "Userconfig/TCL"settings, I supposed that the he'll have the default TCL settings?   

Copying the specific UserConfig lines and setting its parameters lines directly in Init.sqf would work too right,?     

Any observation from  you part regarding  potencial unwanted override settings? on both mission and mod versions?!)

Sure!

They are exactly the same as in "UserConfig\TCL\TCL_Debug.sqf".

From left to right 0 - 6.

I could write them like this:

Hope this helps you understanding?

Cristal clear! 
 I can see that each variable, in the specific sequence,  correspond to each debug setting in "UserConfig\TCL\TCL_Debug.sqf", so I can edit and determine the ones I want at "\Charlis_crap_Mission\Init.sqf"  specifically for that mission.
The same way I'd like to do with other "UserConfig" as pointed above. (Tell me "YES, THATS IT"  pls!!!   kkkk)

I'll try to figure which ones I must let enable to make similiar to the GL4 one. 

Thats one of the more complicated parts right now...

You could set the A.I. group settings in the editor.

Default A.I. group settings are:

[0,0.15,3,[3000, 5000, 7000, 10000, 13000],False,1,700,True,True,170,False];

Change 3 to 0:

In the editor go to the given A.I. group(s) composition init and write:

this setVariable ["TCL_AI", [0,0.15,0,[3000, 5000, 7000, 10000, 13000],False,1,700,True,True,170,False] ];

to overwrite default A.I. group settings on individual A.I. group(s).

This will change allowed requested reinforcement(s) for given A.I. group from 3 A.I. group(s) to 0 A.I. group(s).

hmm, lets see..

....I'm looking to \UserConfig\TCL\TCL_AI.sqf  to check the parameter number and  it's correspondent value...

// T.C.L. A.I. Reinforcement Request: ( Limit )
// ==============================================================
// Choose how many A.I. group(s) can be requested as reinforcement(s).
// 0 - 30, default is 3
// TCL_AI set [2, 3];

so here:  

The 3rd parameter is equivalent to this line at T.C.L. A.I. Reinforcement Request: ( Limit ), right?  This group will request 0 other groups.

In that way, a simple group inserted in editor will benefit from every TCL resource (regarding the settings customization off course), but just won't request any reinforcement.

If I don't want it to be requested, I should just make that a "Local Group" and don't sync it with any other group.  Is that correct?

Lets say you have 10 A.I. group(s) on the map but you like to use T.C.L. with 3 of them only.

Instead of disabling the other 7 A.I. groups you can use the "TCL_Custom" with the 3 A.I. group(s) you like to get initialized and all other A.I. group(s) not using the "TCL_Custom" will be excluded from initialize automatically.

Hope i could help you at least a bit... :icon2:

I think I got it.

"Custom Groups" will be off the "TCL Resources" at all?  No request, no reinforce, but No everthing else ( tactical movement, throwing granades, "push", debug markers, etc) is that it?

Extra NEW question  (more a curiosity thing):

Can I DePbo the TCL_Sound.pbo  and use in "Folder mode" in the "same" way I did with TCL_System.pbo?

Thanks again man!!!

PS.: Just to add....  ...personally, I don't like TCL (GL4) in "mod mode", because it "breaks" lots of missions designed considering AI reinforcements made with other scripts or even native functions, modules, waypoints, etc...

..or even the ones that some groups shouldn't be requested at all.
...as I see, the reinforce/request part is the more delicate part, the "comportamental" and effects features are very welcome at least the way I use Arma...
...in certain way, it can potentially change a lot the way a mission was though to be. But all that regarding more the reinforcement and request part of it. 
Besides that, this is one of my "most  preferred"  community script/content.  I'd love to see something like that implemented officially in the game.
I hope you can someday get the documentation at the level you did in GL4. But totally understand the amount of work and also the time which we prefere to spend at the objetive itself.

Edited by charlis
grammar corrections, final observation added
  • Like 1

So, I should install it locally, the same way as in Mod/Addon" versions, and edit each line at "user config".

If you like to use it script based just unPBO the "TCL_System.pbo" and copy the unPboed "TCL_System" folder into your mission root folder and initialize it by using the way from the ReadMe.pdf.

Yes even script based version will read and set all files and settings from "UserConfig/TCL/" as long as -filePatching is enabled.

The idea behind script based version is to have a version free of any AddOns/Mods requirements so everyone even without @TCL installed will be able to join the mission.

Right now there are some bugs with the script based version which i already fixed... Hopefully i will have the time to release an update this weekend.

Already fixed a lot of stuff...

but, in this case, with the mission released, how can I make/know that "my settings" in user config, will be the same for the person which download it? it won't right?
And If the player, doesn't have his own "Userconfig/TCL"settings, I supposed that the he'll have the default TCL settings?

Copying the specific UserConfig lines and setting its parameters lines directly in Init.sqf would work too right,?     

Any observation from  you part regarding  potencial unwanted override settings? on both mission and mod versions?!)

Hmm... Good point!

Guess so far i wasn't aware of this.

Right now all A.I. settings "UserConfig/TCL/TCL_AI.sqf" will be modified by the server only.

Means settings used by local hosted servers / dedicated server will be used which of course makes no sense with script based version... :icon2:

I will change this so "TCL_AI" settings can be used same way as for "TCL_Debug" settings right from within the mission "Init.sqf".

I can see that each variable, in the specific sequence,  correspond to each debug setting in "UserConfig\TCL\TCL_Debug.sqf", so I can edit and determine the ones I want at "\Charlis_crap_Mission\Init.sqf"  specifically for that mission.
The same way I'd like to do with other "UserConfig" as pointed above. (Tell me "YES, THATS IT"  pls!!!   kkkk)

Well right now this works with settings from "TCL_System" and "TCL_Debug".

Sadly have to say right now "TCL_AI" doesn't work because i missed to include to allow to create it once only check.

As said... Will be working in the next update...

The 3rd parameter is equivalent to this line at T.C.L. A.I. Reinforcement Request: ( Limit ), right?  This group will request 0 other groups.

Correct!

If I don't want it to be requested, I should just make that a "Local Group" and don't sync it with any other group.  Is that correct?

Hmm... Another good point...

Right now you could use the "TCL_Defense" group type to prevent given A.I. group(s) from getting requested.

Damn... Looks like i have to add some more conditions to fit everyones needs! :icon5:

"Custom Groups" will be off the "TCL Resources" at all?  No request, no reinforce, but No everthing else ( tactical movement, throwing granades, "push", debug markers, etc) is that it?

Almost!

It's exactly the other way around!

If you use "TCL_Custom" A.I. group(s) all other none "Custom" A.I. group(s) will be excludet from being initialized.

Extra NEW question  (more a curiosity thing):

Can I DePbo the TCL_Sound.pbo  and use in "Folder mode" in the "same" way I did with TCL_System.pbo?

Nope it doesn't work this way!

You could but it would need a Description.ext in the mission where all the sounds are defined to make them available.

PS.: Just to add....  ...personally, I don't like TCL (GL4) in "mod mode", because it "breaks" lots of missions designed considering AI reinforcements made with other scripts or even native functions, modules, waypoints, etc...

..or even the ones that some groups shouldn't be requested at all.
...as I see, the reinforce/request part is the more delicate part, the "comportamental" and effects features are very welcome at least the way I use Arma...
...in certain way, it can potentially change a lot the way a mission was though to be. But all that regarding more the reinforcement and request part of it.

Agree!

This always was the case for most users not happy with how the reinforcement request breaks / mess up missions.

Guess i will include a switch to disable it at least.

Edit: Guess a switch to disable A.I. movement also would fit many users needs...

Damn this means some big A.I. re-wrote... :icon1:

It's always good to hear the point of view from other people!

So many thanks for all your requests and questions charlis!

They really gave me a lot to think about! :thumbs-up:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi!

I'm glad to know that I can help "giving you ""double trouble""  (work to spend time replying and also fixing and implementing). 

I thank and admire you patience as much as your work itself.

After your previous answer and my reply, I got back to editor and spent some hours testing...   

....i thought  -filePatching was enabled, but it wasn't so I'll keep some upcoming observations that maybe will cease after trying again with that enabled this time.

Besides that, everythig is going pretty fine for a beta stage.

I'm anxious to see Artillery working (saw some "TCL_Artillery" groups lines, and also at the debug screen on the "mortar guy" and artillery vehicle, but no single shell at my tests for now.)

after messing a little bit, my latest Init.sqf test is like this (I'm pretty proud with that kkk :hyper:, got it on my own!!! so prodigious kkk):

// Tactical Combat Link - Script Based initialize if DePboed TCL_System folder is used.
// ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 TCL_Path = "TCL_System\";
  call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers (TCL_Path+"TCL_Preprocess.sqf");
// ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Tactical Combat Link - Debug System
 TCL_Debug = [True, True, True, True, False, False, False];

// Tactical Combat Link - System.sqf Initialization
 TCL_System = [0, True, True, True, True, True, True];

// Tactical Combat Link - AI.sqf Initialization
 TCL_AI = [0,0.15,1,[3000, 5000, 7000, 10000,13000],False,1,700,True,True,170,False];

TCL_Initialize = True;
// Notes:

Yes even script based version will read and set all files and settings from "UserConfig/TCL/" as long as -filePatching is enabled.

That's clear. But'd like anyway to point some related points later.

I will change this so "TCL_AI" settings can be used same way as for "TCL_Debug" settings right from within the mission "Init.sqf".

As you can see, I could get  into the system a little better and "transplant" the userconfig to Init.sqf in a way that seemed correct.

I got no error message, but I still had more than 1or 2 reinforcement groups inside the mission besides  that I defined so on TCL_AI parameters (showed in debug markers text).

Now I see that's probably  you just pointed the reason, I was actually playing with the default parameters!!!  :smileee:  Thanks to clarify and propose to change that! 

If you use "TCL_Custom" A.I. group(s) all other none "Custom" A.I. group(s) will be exclude from being initialized.

Sorry, I'm still confused about that.

So, focusing on you answer, if  I add one one more "Custom groups", TCL_System will work just among this defined ones?

All other "non defined"  groups will be/act as "regular A3 vanilla Groups"?        Regarding Reinforce/Request AND Behavior?

Being so,

if i define specifically other group types; "Combat Group",  "Hold Group""Location Group", "Defend Group", will they work inside TCL?

If so,  my previous question about "no-request/no-reinforce/Yes-behavior" is almost solved depending just on...

...how to initialize the "behavior parts" to the "vanilla groups"...     ...hmmm....  maybe...  ..."Behavior Group"s? :tounge2:

You could but it would need a Description.ext in the mission where all the sounds are defined to make them available.

I'd use that!!!  Consciously abusing your good will (or any else here who would do that with one tied hand)...  ...mind on, when possible,  writing this lines for "code-illiterates" like me? :tounge2:

I'd be honored to help you testing and also figuring out ways to improve or add resources but  unfortunately, not with coding, my knowledge regarding it is below the average.

Let me know if sounds good to you, but maybe other "media" would be more efficient to change so many words.

I'll send you a PM with other feedback and suggestions to not expand this reply even more.

Thanks again

Besides that, everythig is going pretty fine for a beta stage.

Well the mod itself could be seen as stable.

The "Beta" stage mainly comes from lack of documentations and some setting files i still have to finish...

I'm anxious to see Artillery working (saw some "TCL_Artillery" groups lines, and also at the debug screen on the "mortar guy" and artillery vehicle, but no single shell at my tests for now.)

Yes that's right.

There is a bug in the current released version which i already fixed.

after messing a little bit, my latest Init.sqf test is like this (I'm pretty proud with that kkk , got it on my own!!! so prodigious kkk):

Yes that's exactly how mine looks right now for testing purpose! :thumbs-up:

On 2/28/2019 at 9:42 PM, charlis said:

That's clear. But'd like anyway to point some related points later. 

You mean change some of the settings at a later point during mission?

As you can see, I could get  into the system a little better and "transplant" the userconfig to Init.sqf in a way that seemed correct.

I got no error message, but I still had more than 1or 2 reinforcement groups inside the mission besides  that I defined so on TCL_AI parameters (showed in debug markers text).

Now I see that's probably  you just pointed the reason, I was actually playing with the default parameters!!!  :smileee:  Thanks to clarify and propose to change that! 

Yap. :icon5:

Right now in this version it's not possible to overwrite the "TCL_AI" settings.

So, focusing on you answer, if  I add one one more "Custom groups", TCL_System will work just among this defined ones?

All other "non defined"  groups will be/act as "regular A3 vanilla Groups"?        Regarding Reinforce/Request AND Behavior?

There you go! :icon2:

Yes that's correct! All none "Custom" A.I. group(s) will be excluded from T.C.L. initialize and therefor just like vanilla A.I. group(s).

Being so,

if i define specifically other group types; "Combat Group",  "Hold Group", "Location Group", "Defend Group", will they work inside TCL?

We are still talking about "Custom" A.I. group(s) right?

Yes those A.I. Group Types will be initialized always even if "Cutom" A.I. group(s) are used.

You can use "Custom" A.I. group(s) and "Hold" "Location" and "Defend" A.I. group(s) all at the same time.

For testing and if you are not sure!

Just define your A.I. group(s) the way you like it and enable the full debug marker system and have a look at the map.

The markers will clearly show which A.I. group was initialized by which group type.

Also none initialized A.I. group(s) will have no markers!

Just give it a try!

Guess that's the best and easiest way to learn how this mod works and how to use it the way you need it.

I can tell... Without the detailed marker debug system i would never be able to create this mod as is.

To me it was and still is one of the most important features when it comes to A.I. modding!

...how to initialize the "behavior parts" to the "vanilla groups"...     ...hmmm....  maybe...  ..."Behavior Group"s?

You mean having kind of vanilla A.I. group(s) which use all combat features ( take cover, house search, static weapon, throw smoke e.t.c. ) but excluded from reinforcement request feature?

If yes! That's what i'm working on right now! :icon1:

I'd use that!!!  Consciously abusing your good will (or any else here who would do that with one tied hand)...  ...mind on, when possible,  writing this lines for "code-illiterates" like me? :tounge2:

Sure i can do this.

Guess should be some kind of copy > past job.

• Like 2

This mod is great! The AI are almost as good as real players. They react quickly and I can't stay in the open anymore taking pot shots. Just much more active and thrilling to try and clear a village when you feel vulnerable.  Great work. I did have a question. Does AI skill options affect them still?

hi, Snkman! what conditions of using arty by AIs? does TCL "recognise" 3rd party addons arty?
i've tryed to see arty supporting in simple test mission (two fireteams of 6 AI moves towards each other and starts firefight. one side has arty support in the form of one mortar, placed ~1km away), but had no success. 

in same test mission, VCOM due to integrated Rydygier's FFE uses that mortar pretty actively.

On 3/2/2019 at 7:32 AM, snkman said:

Well the mod itself could be seen as stable.

The "Beta" stage mainly comes from lack of documentations and some setting files i still have to finish...

Bravo on so much progress in such short time.

Will you release this on SWS once you reach beta?

@kothen

Thanks! :icon5:

The AI are almost as good as real players.

Yes this was one of my main goals!

Does AI skill options affect them still?

Which A.I. skill options do you mean?

General skill set in the editor or sub-skills?

If you are talking about the general A.I. unit skill set in eden editor than yes it still can be used to change specific A.I. unit(s) skill levels but T.C.L. will randomize given value.

Example:

If you set 40% ( 0.40 ) T.C.L. will use this value and randomly increase it with this value.

So at the end the A.I. unit will have a skill between 0.40 and 0.80 given on the random result.

@velzevul

Artillery still is bugged and i started working on some artillery Fire For Effect feature requested by Machiya.

@domokun

Bravo on so much progress in such short time.

Well i've started this back in ArmA 2: O.A. so this mod wasn't created in just couple days or weeks or did i just get you wrong? :headscratch:

Will you release this on SWS once you reach beta?

It is beta right now. :icon5:

Don't know exactly so far i don't have plans to do so.

Maybe yes?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, snkman said:

Artillery still is bugged and i started working on some artillery Fire For Effect feature requested by Machiya.

glad to read it. 🙂 seems, FFE is ready and good solution and it is wise to just integrate it. thanks, and keep up the good work!

On 3/6/2019 at 8:42 PM, snkman said:

Well i've started this back in ArmA 2: O.A. so this mod wasn't created in just couple days or weeks or did i just get you wrong? :headscratch:

Definitely, since I've been using GL4 user since 2010 and GL3 before that 🤣

I simply meant that it's great to see so much forward compatibility.

BTW is there any chance of reducing the AI's instant awareness?

e.g. player attacks 1 enemy AI and instantly all other enemy AI converges on player's last known location

In the real-world operations, relaying and interpreting tactical information is time-consuming, slow and unreliable...

This is particularly true when communication via radio is limited or even impossible due to equipment and/or topography

• Like 2