snkman

Tactical Combat Link - TypeX

Very cool stuff !!! 
I have a question : is this mod could interfere with others AI mod like ASR or VQOM AI mod ?

3 hours ago, Othmane Niazi said:

I have a question : is this mod could interfere with others AI mod like ASR or VQOM AI mod ? 

Yes there could be some kind of problem using multiple A.I. mods toghetter!

I don't know what exactly A.S.R. or Vcom A.I. does but i had to use and create many workarounds to make A.I. behave as they do now.

For example: I had to use some of the disableAI commands to make A.I. what i needed them to do.

If any of the other A.I. mods re-enable any of thouse disableAI commands then it really could be a problem and this is just 1 example out of many other things which could really mess up A.I. behaviours.

Also could be possible that different A.I. mods sending A.I. unit(s) / group(s) to different locations / positions which would result in A.I. moving nowhere!

T.C.L. provides a feature to use  / initialize it with specific A.I. unit(s) / group(s) only maybe those other mods use such a feature as well.

If you like to use multiple A.I. mods best way is to use / initialize 1 specific A.I. mod for some specific A.I. unit(s) / groups(s) only and not all A.I. mods combined for the same A.I. unit(s) / group(s) at the same time.

Just try it test it and see what happends and if you are lucky with the result. :icon7:

• Like 1

Finally got the chance to test this out and dude, AMAZING WORK. I put down like 30 OPFOR in the editor and perched up 300m away as a sniper, fired a couple rounds and watched them react and I was blown away. FINALLY some smart AI! 

Also, tried this with ALiVE doing basically the same thing, and still worked like a charm. 

Seriously man, awesome job. Keep up the great work! 

Oh one last thing, I tested it with ASR at the same time and didn't really notice any issues at first glance, so good news there, but I know running two AI mods at the same time is just asking for problems lol. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, snkman said:

Yes there could be some kind of problem using multiple A.I. mods toghetter!

I don't know what exactly A.S.R. or Vcom A.I. does but i had to use and create many workarounds to make A.I. behave as they do now.

For example: I had to use some of the disableAI commands to make A.I. what i needed them to do.

If any of the other A.I. mods re-enable any of thouse disableAI commands then it really could be a problem and this is just 1 example out of many other things which could really mess up A.I. behaviours.

Also could be possible that different A.I. mods sending A.I. unit(s) / group(s) to different locations / positions which would result in A.I. moving nowhere!

T.C.L. provides a feature to use  / initialize it with specific A.I. unit(s) / group(s) only maybe those other mods use such a feature as well.

If you like to use multiple A.I. mods best way is to use / initialize 1 specific A.I. mod for some specific A.I. unit(s) / groups(s) only and not all A.I. mods combined for the same A.I. unit(s) / group(s) at the same time.

Just try it test it and see what happends and if you are lucky with the result. :icon7:

Thank you very much for your explanation !!

@x_DarkSpecter_x

Thank's! :icon5:

Well as i've said i'm using vanilla ARMA 3 only to prevent any kind of conflict caused by any othe mod so i can't tell which combination of other mods works and how they behave.

But you already tryed it and guess you were fine with the result so... :icon5: Thanks for testing it!!

@Othmane Niazi

You're welcome.

• Like 2

@snkman Hi, could you please show me how to disable AI commands ? Thank you in advance 
another question please : should i add some scripts when using the ADDON version to AI units or que ADDON will automaticly manage the AI ?

@Othmane Niazi

Well there are 2 way's of how to initialize specific A.I. unit(s) / group(s) only.

I started to explain how it basically works in the RedaMe.pdf but in the examples i only covered the Hold A.I. group(s).

It's pretty much the same way for all A.I. group types only the names are different.

This is how to use it:

Initialize: ( Hold A.I. Defend A.I. Custom A.I. and Disabled A.I. Groups )

There are different ways of how to initialize A.I. group(s) with those specific A.I. group types.

The examples below are made for Hold A.I. Groups.

To initialize Defend A.I. Groups use "TCL_Defend" for Custom A.I. Groups use "TCL_Custom" and for Disabled A.I. Groups use "TCL_Disabled" instead.

1.) A.I. Group Composition Init Line:

In the A.I. group(s) composition init line write <this setVariable ["TCL_Hold", True];> without "< >" to initialize the A.I. group as Hold A.I. Group.

Note: This way also can be used to initialize spawning A.I. unit(s) and A.I. group(s) with any group types.

2.) A.I. Unit Init Line:

Choose 1 A.I. unit of a A.I. group and write <group this setVariable ["TCL_Hold", True];> without "< >" in the init line of the A.I. unit to initialize the A.I. group of the A.I. unit as Hold A.I. Group.

Note: This way also can be used to initialize spawning A.I. unit(s) and A.I. group(s) with any group types.

3.) Trigger Text Line:

Create a trigger in Eden Editor.

In the text line of the created trigger write <TCL_Hold> without "< >".

Synchronize 1 A.I. unit of a A.I. group with the trigger to initialize the A.I. group of the synchronized A.I. unit as Hold A.I. Group.

Note: You can create as much triggers as you like or synchronize multiple A.I. unit(s) of different A.I. group(s) with the same trigger.

4.) Trigger Area Size:

Create a trigger in Eden Editor.

In the text line of the created trigger write <TCL_Hold> without "< >".

Set the trigger area size to what area you like to cover.

Place the trigger over the given A.I. group(s) to initialize A.I. group(s) within the trigger area as Hold A.I. Group(s).

To disable specific A.I. unit(s) / group(s) you need to use "TCL_Disabled" instead of "TCL_Hold" but the way of how it works is the same as described above.

The AddOn version of T.C.L. does automatically initialize all editor placed and spawned A.I. unit(s) / group(s).

It's pretty much plug and play. :icon7:

If you don't get it to work i can make a example mission showing how to do it.

Hope i could help you with this.

Well just another video i've made during testing and which i really liked.

Showing me running along with some friendly A.I. groups during combat encounter. :icon2:

Another one showing the A.I. combat communication feature.

In vanilla ARMA 3 if you place some A.I. groups friendly to each other close to each other ( even if they are placed within 50 meters to each other ) and you attack 1 of the A.I. groups with a suppressed weapon than the attacked A.I. group will start open fire but the other nearby A.I. groups will do nothing even if they have clear line of sight and should be pretty much aware of what's going on right besides them.

This video show's one of the situation's i made the A.I. combat communication feature for.

All A.I. groups are placed within 100 meters to each other.

The first A.I. group which is directly attacked shares it's enemy knowledge with the second A.I. group which also shares it's enemy knowledge with the third A.I. group and so on...

The A.I. communication range i used is the default ( 100 meter ) range which allowes friendly A.I. which are within 100 meters to each other to use the communication feature.

The range can be tweaked in the "TCL_Tweak" settings.

• Like 3

I've tested the addon and it looks great, I found it more dynamic than VCOM, at certain points!

But if I'm not mistaken, this addon generates waypoints, right? If so, is there any way to disable these waypoints generation? I know this will probably remove the reinforcement feature, but still the addon would be very useful for me, I would love to test it with Hetman War Stories. 

Many thanks

No there will be no waypoints generated.

A.I. group(s) are moving by using the "move" command and A.I. unit(s) by using the "doMove" command.

But i guess in the end there will be no different if waypoints or the "move" command is used exept the move command is a direct move command without adding additional stuff to the mission.

• Thanks 1

You no longer need CBA/XEH for EH compatibility as you can do EH subclasses now.

CBA is only needed when you want to use its functions and features

XEH is only needed when you need/want to use advanced EH features

• Like 2

@.kju

Really? Damn didn't know this...

Already was wondering why B.I.S. didn't include such a greate feature by them self.

There has been added so much new functionality to ARMA since my last modding day's...

Very nice! Many thank's for letting me know .kju! :icon5:

@lsk323941

Well you need to test yourself and find out what happend and if you are happy with the result.

Basically there should be no problem using them bouth together.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey snkman.  Loving the demos, but I'm not convinced that TCL is working in other missions.  Do I have to manually put the TCL_Debug line into the init be sure that is being loaded every mission ?

On 2/4/2019 at 6:58 PM, snkman said:

if you want to exclude units from ASR_AI, use below in the unit's init.

this setVariable ["asr_ai_exclude", true];

That said, this seems like a potential replacement for ASR_AI.

• Like 1

@kremator

No the debug system is completely disabled by default!

I enabled it in some of the example missions to give users the chance to see what it does.

If it works in the example missions means it works everywhere! :icon2:

Trust me! :icon1:

@Machiya

Thanks. Well one step closer to proper multi A.I. mod usage.

Hmmm it would be great to have a mission that actually pitches TCL groups against VCOM groups 🙂

@snkman thanks for the info ... wondered why I was getting my ass kicked 🙂

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, kremator said:

Hmmm it would be great to have a mission that actually pitches TCL groups against VCOM groups 🙂

1.  Could try 3 squads per side; one side TCL & one side ASR  (presumably the player would have to be on the ASR side [and spotted], cos that's how TCL works(!)). Game on.

AFAIK,  both MCC's GAIA and VCOM route AI squads at a macro scale (hence why I use MCC + ASR; with the ASR 'radio' distance turned down to 100m, so it doesn't do macro stuff. This way I use ASR for its micro-scale combat response only).
    TCL seems like a straight upgrade/replacement for ASR(!).  I can run a test assault with MCC + TCL and then MCC + ASR... perhaps, that derelict science site on Malden. 

2. Pretty easy to write an addAction to change a target group's TCL variable... (ah,but) TCL is all based around detecting the player, so it probably wouldn't affect how AI groups respond to each other @snkman

27 minutes ago, Machiya said:

TCL is all based around detecting the player, so it probably wouldn't affect how AI groups respond to each other

really? seems, i missed that thing. does it mean that if i'll place two AI groups (red and blue) and will watch this fight as greenfor unit (friendly to both sides), i'll see fight of two vanilla ai groups?

TCL is all based around detecting the player, so it probably wouldn't affect how AI groups respond to each other

T.C.L. react to each player and playable unit(s) / group(s).

So if you like to watch A.I. vs A.I. simply set 1 A.I. group to playable and there you go!

I've uploaded a mission doing exactly what you are looking for! A.I. vs A.I. player having fun watching them fight! :icon2:

The first video shows me ( player ) on AFF side with some A.I. groups also AFF v.s. NATO A.I. group set to playable.

In this case you can just run with A.I. watching them fight each other. :icon7:

Ahhh ... I've been watching some placebo AI then 😞

Is it possible to make TCL work for all AI, playable or not ?

You mean A.I. vs A.I. bouth using full A.I. combat features?

No it's not possible... Well it could...

Had it this way back than but changed it to react to player / playable unit(s) / group(s) only to prevent too much engine stress caused by the mod.

Normally its a waste having A.I. vs A.I. using all thouse engine resources without any player(s) involved.

Maybe i will add a switch so ppl can use it that way.

Will TCL work in any mission as long as TCL is loaded as a mod? So if I play some SP  mission where my squad encounters AI opposition, will that opposition be influenced by TCL?

Thx,

OP

@old_painless

Yes it will be initialized automatically.

@Users

Oh well...

Had quite a good time working on T.C.L. since its release and did some really nice improvements / optimizations and fixes!

Just to keep you updated... Testing still in progress...

Tactical Combat Link - ( TypeX ) Changelog