Sign in to follow this  
Lazarus_Long

The shit has hit the fan!

Well this sucks major fucking ass... My unit is mobilizing, I'm officially on active duty again as of tomorrow at 1200.  They are shipping us overseas off to god knows fucking where!  (I have a good idea where)... You can be sure that things are looking pretty bad when the government decides to activate a little hodunk light infantry unit like mine!  They didn't even avtivate us during Desert Storm!  We are just a bunch of college kids and a few crusty old timers who should have retired a long time ago.  Very few people have any previous active duty service.  This is majorly fucked up.  My whole college plan just went down the drain. My graduation date will have to be pushed back another year if I'm even still alive!  If they send us into combat we are dead meat!  Our CO is a fucking retard!

Ok, the reason for this post is not to really make an announcement of my deployment but rather a last opportunity for me to make a public "fuck you statement".  Here we go:

Fuck all you mother fuckers who voted for that war mongering money hungry oil sucking shit bag in the White House.  Fuck all you fucking arm chair generals who supports his insane crusade. You'd be singing a different tune if your own ass was on the line!  Fight your own fucking wars if you had any fucking balls!  Fuck Saddam Hussein, Fuck Osama Bin Laden and his Al Qaeda, Fuck Iraq, and Fuck the entire Middle East!! Fuck North Korea and... who did I forget.

mad.gif

Anyway, If you'll excuse me I have to get back to spend some time with my wife and my 16 month old son before I leave. I hope you war supporters are happy! Your shit storm you've been begging for is about to come true!

Happy fucking New Years!

mad.gif

Before this gets locked I'd just like to say, I wish you the best of luck.

hope you will be OK Lazarus. gonna miss you sad.gif

although i hope you didn't use so much profanity.

remember:

1. 1-2-3-4, shoot, communicate, move

2. no John Wayne Heroics: don't want to see half of the squad taken out by a single hand grenade.

ah crap. OFP has gotten to me too much. tounge.gif

i'm guessing you'll be sent to guard's duty on US installations like embassy and so forth.(if it's abroad)

sorry to hear that your CO is a dumbass. use your best judgement.

and hopefully, comeback so that we can see you posting here again.

good luck and may the lord protect you.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Dec. 27 2002,01:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Before this gets locked I'd just like to say, I wish you the best of luck.<span id='postcolor'>

thanx for reminding me.

i'll lock this thread soon. if some sob starts spamming this thread or go off topic, don't exepct mercy from me.

Thanks guys, sorry about the profanity! I really had to vent or my head would have exploded.

So long. sad.gif

Yoicks. That just sucks.

But... here is a 'bright side'

Perhaps you are being mobilised to say...Germany, so that the US can pull the more seasoned troops out of there and send them into harms way.

Keep your head down, Lazarus old bean. Keep your powder and your feet dry as well! wink.gif

Could be Korea or Japan, now with the commies acting up again sad.gif

Maybe its just a NATO exercise in Europe?

Maybe, like it was said earlier, you are replacing crack troops in Germany or the UK?

Anyway, good luck, hope to see you back soon mate xmas.gif

ninteen.na.na.na.na.n.n.nn..ninteen

Why did u join the military if u did not like or expect the prospect of fighting ??

well juding from the tone of his post, he isnt happy about the particular destination he reckons he'll be going, that he isnt happy with the cause for mobilization...

but anyway, best of luck to you dude, at least some people have the guts to join up instead of being "arm-chair generals" aye?

"Good luck" is perhaps not the proper thing to say. Be careful, remember your training and you'll probably be ok. If you feel that the overall war objective is not justifiable, try to act so that your own part is. It might give you some comfort and later a clear conscience.

So long and take care.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Renagade @ Dec. 26 2002,16:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why did u join the military if u did not like or expect the prospect of fighting ??<span id='postcolor'>

I was going to write the same thing until I saw your post.

Regardless, best of luck to you Lazarus. I hope that things never progress past diplomacy and a war of words.

Good luck, be careful, and let me know your APO. I'll send a care package your way down the line. (I'm active duty, I know what can and can't go wink.gif ) If you get ahold of a STU-III and want to make a free phonecall to bitch about things drop me a line at daleyb@vx9-1.chinalake.navy.mil and I'll get you the number.

Um, not to be unsympathetic, but if you didn't want to see combat maybe you shouldn't have joined the armed forces?

Anyway, be safe, and make it back in one piece.

Take care Lazarus. My thoughts are with you. I will go to Turkmenistan in January, not very satisfied about that also.

But I have a ticket to Afghanistan in February to patricipate in an UN investigation on a 8000 people massacre.

I´ll have my notebook with me, so I hope i will get a sat uplink to keep you updated whenever I find time.

Lazarus please dont volunteer for anything. You have a kid, please remember that !

Location code for turkmenistan:

TM  DHZ  Dashhowuz 4150N 05957E

Radio com on civil flight channels via

11.300 MHz Ramlead will be on from 5th january. Public channel, no scanners.

I´ll keep you updated.

Yeah man, be careful, don't do stupid things and try to make sure you're not alone when something's happening.

God bless

Take care. Save some of the profanity for your army buddies who don't agree with you. smile.gif Maybe you can get out after this round? confused.gif

This whole thing reminds me of a Bob Dylan song Called John brown

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

"Don't you remember, Ma, when I went off to war

You thought it was the best thing I could do?

I was on the battleground, you were home . . . acting proud.

You wasn't there standing in my shoes."

"Oh, and I thought when I was there, God, what am I doing here?

I'm a-tryin' to kill somebody or die tryin'.

But the thing that scared me most was when my enemy came close

And I saw that his face looked just like mine."

Oh! Lord! Just like mine!

"And I couldn't help but think, through the thunder rolling and stink,

That I was just a puppet in a play.

<span id='postcolor'>

Sorry if this doesnt chear you up lazarus ... I dont think there is anything to one can say to make this any easier.

well assuming hes not a walter mitty anyone care to venture specualtion on the reasons for mobilisation ??

and forget sentimental bullshit,my advice is

it never ends.......

good luck lazarus! what unit are you in? just curious... anyway, i wish you the best of luck out there! you can do it!! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> Posted: Dec. 27 2002,01wow.gif0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well this sucks major fucking ass... My unit is mobilizing, I'm officially on active duty again as of tomorrow at 1200. They are shipping us overseas off to god knows fucking where! (I have a good idea where)... You can be sure that things are looking pretty bad when the government decides to activate a little hodunk light infantry unit like mine! They didn't even avtivate us during Desert Storm! We are just a bunch of college kids and a few crusty old timers who should have retired a long time ago. Very few people have any previous active duty service. This is majorly fucked up. My whole college plan just went down the drain. My graduation date will have to be pushed back another year if I'm even still alive! If they send us into combat we are dead meat! Our CO is a fucking retard!

Ok, the reason for this post is not to really make an announcement of my deployment but rather a last opportunity for me to make a public "fuck you statement". Here we go:

Fuck all you mother fuckers who voted for that war mongering money hungry oil sucking shit bag in the White House. Fuck all you fucking arm chair generals who supports his insane crusade. You'd be singing a different tune if your own ass was on the line! Fight your own fucking wars if you had any fucking balls! Fuck Saddam Hussein, Fuck Osama Bin Laden and his Al Qaeda, Fuck Iraq, and Fuck the entire Middle East!! Fuck North Korea and... who did I forget.

<span id='postcolor'>

Since you have addressed me personally I will respond back to your Fuck You.

Your attitude is disgraceful!

It sounds like maybe your a LITTLE scared. Or are you just a chicken shit.

What the fuck did you join the service for? To put in an easy couple of years and collect a paycheck?

I voted for that war mongering money hungry oil sucking shit bag in the White House, and let me tell you something you worthless excuse for an enlisted man. I would gladly serve my country again under President George W. Bush but my age won't allow that.

It may take being under fire to make a man out of you because it's obvious you're still a little baby boy.

Grow up and take hold of your responsiblities. Your cry for help is a pitiful reaction to having just shit in your pants.

You refer to your outfit as a hodunk little infantry unit. God do I pray for the soldiers that may have to put their lives in YOUR hand. May God protect them because it looks like you won't.

Your statement "We are just a bunch of college kids and a few crusty old timers who should have retired a long time ago." Man I'll bet I would gladly have one of those crusty old timers next to me in battle any day. At least I could depend on them.

Do yourself a favor and don't let the other guys in your outfit know how you feel.

And that CO you refer to as a "retard." Your life may depend on that "retard." And more importantly his life may depend on you. You had better get a grip on it and face the music.

You could always go AWOL.

At least you will still be alive in the brigg. And think about how proud your wife and son will be knowing that Dad is safe and sound doing time behind bars.

I actually pity you, but more importantly are the feelings I have for your fellow servicemen and women.

Your job is not to determine right or wrong, but to serve your country as you have been trained to do.

This world would be in a hell of a lot worse shape if all of our military were like you.

You speak of "You'd be singing a different tune if your own ass was on the line." Well my ass has been on the line. Ever hear of Vietnam?

I didn't believe in that war at the time but I went and did my duty along with thousands of others. Never did I hear the likes of your post back then and it saddens me to think that you are an example of todays military. I pray that your not.

I do wish you well and somehow think that once you experience the heat of battle, if that be the case, that you will come out on the other side a better man.

And God forbid that you don't return. I have no words to ease the thought of that for anyone.

Be a man!

Good luck

Sirloins