gc8

Field of war [CTI] [SP/MP]

Started another game now.

What is the default number for "locations attacked"? I used the 25% multiplier there and 4 cities were attacked at the same time. 

Is it possible to lower it to 2 or even 1?

Hi  glad to hear you tested my mission @yupi!

Did you play with the test version from google drive or with steam version?

1 hour ago, yupi said:

But in both games I started those transports and were ambushed and shot when they entered the cities. Wouldn't it be better to make the AI unload units close to the cities and attack on foot? If the transport could be re-used - would be even better but I guess it's too hard for the AI to manage sending it after reinforcements.

Air transports? I think air transports maybe indeed too vulnerable when landing

1 hour ago, yupi said:

A played just as a squad leader, not a commander but the money income was huge right from the start.

That seems to need some tweaking. thx!

1 hour ago, yupi said:

As for AI, may be make 2 types of buying behavior: a) the current default one. b) savings. If they have less than 8k, for example, they just buy a jeep, 2 extra units and proceed with their tasks. This way, they would be saving the money until they can go to option a)

The AI saves money for the unit it wishes to buy. so that it wont just buy the cheapest units

16 minutes ago, yupi said:

What is the default number for "locations attacked"? I used the 25% multiplier there and 4 cities were attacked at the same time. 

Is it possible to lower it to 2 or even 1?

I'm planning to make this more clearer in next versions... right now the math is 3 * the multiplayer, rounded up. so 25% should be only 1 locations attacked. did you actually see 4 blue arrows pointing to towns?

11 minutes ago, gc8 said:

Did you play with the test version from google drive or with steam version?

I used the one from Google drive as it turned out to be harder than it should be to launch a steam downloaded mission via TADS 🙂

12 minutes ago, gc8 said:

Air transports? I think air transports maybe indeed too vulnerable when landing

Land transports. But I need more testing for this. It was just the very first thing when I first reached a city a few minutes after AI. There were 3 trucks/armored cars on the road, all destroyed with the soldiers sitting dead in the trucks back. 

Those could be caused by mines though as I didn't turn them off in my first run. The one I briefly started today, didn't have this problem I think.

11 minutes ago, gc8 said:

right now the math is 3 * the multiplayer, rounded up. so 25% should be only 1 locations attacked. did you actually see 4 blue arrows pointing to towns?

Yeah, there were 4 arrows definitely. Tested it again. At first, just one arrow appeared. But a minute later 3 more were there.

Which is the latest version: Steam or Google drive? 

23 minutes ago, gc8 said:

latest version can be downloaded from this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wzRvJZHcug25lSPe8NpClHD6qjVa2krP/view

that's the version 0.9.12 RC1.  Which I haven't officially released yet

I used this link from the first post of the thread: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QNHCjh1KCzo7egraVPOXLLmkou5wcdOq/view?usp=sharing

It looks like it might be outdated. 

The version from your previous post doesn't load for me via the TADS. Get this error when connect to the server:
"Cannot open file 'mpmissions/FOW 12 RC1.'

Will try to fix this somehow.

Looks like I had to add ".altis" before the .pbo.

Will test again now

25 minutes ago, yupi said:

"Cannot open file 'mpmissions/FOW 12 RC1.'

That's because FOW 12 RC1 is mod not a mission.

I have put the missions in separate download in the first post

The way it works is that you need to update the mod but missions remain mostly the same

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, gc8 said:

That's because FOW 12 RC1 is mod not a mission.

I have put the missions in separate download in the first post

The way it works is that you need to update the mod but missions remain mostly the same

Thanks a lot for those clarifications.

This issue is not present with the latest versions of mod and mission. 

Will provide further feedback after playing a bit later.

I see, that my player speaks in Greek instead of Russian as I am using RHS and opfor side. Is it configured on the mission side? Or can I change it myself?

Sorry for some stupid questions.

Also, it seems that AI comments are not duplicated in the message box. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gc8 said:

right now the math is 3 * the multiplayer, rounded up. so 25% should be only 1 locations attacked. did you actually see 4 blue arrows pointing to towns?

After the latest test I can confirm that this issue is still there contrary to what I wrote in the previous message.

At start they target just one city. After about 5 minutes a second arrow appeared and after further 5-10 minutes there is third now with the 25% setting. 

All 3 are active now and the cities are not captured currently.

And while I was typing the 4th appeared. I use the RHS mod selected.

rF5UKEu.png

@yupi ok thanks for letting me know. I will look into it to fix it in next version

Released new version 0.9.12

What's new:

Rusher AI no longer buys infantry but only motorized units

Enemy groups should spawn if you shoot at them (if not already spawned)

There's now animation if units jump due to being stuck

Map now shows the combat strength of locations where your side is

Other fixes and hopefully fixed the too many blue arrows bug

Liking how the mission is coming along.  Always on the look out for new CTI missions and modes.  I've been running on a dedicated LAN server, and I've noticed a lot of weird rubberbanding of units and vehicles.  Is that normal behavior?  I've also noticed that enemy AI are very slow to register to getting shot, etc.  Like you can run up to a group and shoot each a good 8 or 9 times before they ragdoll or flinch animate, let alone die.  They also are just very slow to respond to you being there at all.  I'm not sure if there's some weirdness going on with the scripts, as I've got no latency to the server what so ever, and the server has no issues with other CTIs with a couple hundred AI.  Could it be related to the script speed setting being on "average"?

Oh, and setting the side mission parameter to 1, causes you to get spammed with probably 30 or 40 side missions as soon as you engage a town.

14 hours ago, Zombeh said:

I've noticed a lot of weird rubberbanding of units and vehicles.  Is that normal behavior?

Haven't noticed that my self with dedicated server but I use pretty performance friendly parameters

I've also noticed that enemy AI are very slow to register to getting shot, etc.  Like you can run up to a group and shoot each a good 8 or 9 times before they ragdoll or flinch animate, let alone die.

That's a lot of lag. again I know it lags if you allow many AIs by the parameters

and the server has no issues with other CTIs with a couple hundred AI

I have tried to optimize all the scripts so that most of the lag should come from the AI groups and there's probably nothing I can do about that...

Could it be related to the script speed setting being on "average"?

Probably not

Oh, and setting the side mission parameter to 1, causes you to get spammed with probably 30 or 40 side missions as soon as you engage a town.

I tested it but everything worked fine. I could get only one side mission with parameter "Maximum side missions running at a time for each side". 

So that's bit odd if you had many side missions / tasks, not sure what to do about that

Hi !

I tried yesterday on a hosted (not dedi) server. I instantly got spammed by side missions all over the map. I was using the Zagabad steam mission with Unsung factions (that are generating a lot of error message at launch).

Hi @1212PDMCDMPPM

thanks for letting me know! I haven't been able to reproduce this bug so I am unsure which version has it. But in the meanwhile until I am able to fix it, just disable side missions from the parameters

@gc8 Definitely odd that you're not seeing any of these things going on.  Seems to be a lot of things people are reporting that you aren't seeing in your own games.  Could be mod wierdness or parameters or something.  Do you mind showing what you have your mission parameters set to, and what mods you are using?

2 hours ago, Zombeh said:

@gc8 Definitely odd that you're not seeing any of these things going on.  Seems to be a lot of things people are reporting that you aren't seeing in your own games.  Could be mod wierdness or parameters or something.  Do you mind showing what you have your mission parameters set to, and what mods you are using?

i found the problem, side mission is definitely broken in current release. I will fix it in the next release. thanks for your patience 🙂

• Like 1

Here's a new beta version for those who wish to test it:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GNCCIxEBHaXjK-g1t9loPaHbSVEKZtfr/view?usp=sharing

What's new:

Fixed:

Side missions was not working

Food & drink texts were not updating

Rewrote the AI attacking code to work better with limited attackers/units

Other fixes

Tweaked:

Less rubberbanding and lag spikes (hopefully)

New:

Player now earns trait points on level up

Traits include: Vehicle lockpicking, place sandbags, place respawn/medical tent, able to carry more

Also toggling owned vehicle lock is now possible

Player income can now be changed from parameters (under Difficulty)

Have grabbed it.  Now have a new PC (it is a beast  - Arma3 can't make it sweat 🙂 ) and my old PC is now a server.  Will give it a go later on.

• Thanks 1

Wow it's been 3 years since my last login on the forums... Anyway I am really interested in this new CTI mission. Before I set up my own server again, are there any servers hosting this?

8 minutes ago, gabberxxl said:

Before I set up my own server again, are there any servers hosting this?

none in public servers list

I tried hosting this mission today, but it doesn't work. It spams the console with "Mission fow 0.9.13 RC1.pbo read from bank" and thats it. It doesn't start and I am unable to connect to the game.

3 hours ago, gabberxxl said:

I tried hosting this mission today, but it doesn't work. It spams the console with "Mission fow 0.9.13 RC1.pbo read from bank" and thats it. It doesn't start and I am unable to connect to the game.

This is where there has been some confusion before... the "fow 0.9.13 RC1.pbo" file is mod, not the mission. you need to load that as mod and then select one mission from list in here and start that mission

everything is in steam but if you don't use steam the missions are also here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1343tTm1uRRgHp28hjtZiLVSqqRbLm1DF/view